Footwear is just inevitable for young and old. However, not all shoes can withstand some occasions especially when it comes to water or water-related activities. While an adult may care about where they put their foot, kids don’t really care, especially when having fun.
This is why you should look for the best water shoes for toddlers and kids on your next shopping trip. Water shoes are made to withstand harsh conditions even if soaked. They offer the best possible protection for your curious young star. While your child sits on the pool float, a durable pair will be nice to improve buoyancy.
Since you will be going to get a pair for your kids, I have compiled a total of 19 top-notch water shoes for your toddlers and kids. I won’t want you to just buy anything but the best. I’ve included detailed reviews of each product, a buying guide, and FAQs in this article.
Table of Contents
- Reasons Why You Need Water Shoes for Your Kids
- List of the Best Water Shoes for Toddlers and Kids
- Comparison of Top 19 Best Water Shoes for Toddlers and Kids 2020
- Reviews of the Best Water Shoes for Toddlers and Kids
- OshKosh Kids Aquatic Water Shoes
- Carter's Toddler/Little Kid Water Shoes
- iPlay Baby & Toddler Water Shoes
- Speedo Surfwalker Pro Toddler Water Shoes
- KEEN Kids' Seacamp Water Shoes
- KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 Water Shoes
- Crocs Kids' Swiftwater Play Shoes
- Teva Tidepool Sport Toddler/Little Kid Water Shoes
- Native Unisex Kid's Jefferson Slip-On Water Shoes
- Fresko Toddler and Little Kids Water Shoes
- CIOR Fantiny Quick Drying Kids Water Shoes
- Merrell Kids' Hydro 2.0 Water Shoes
- CIOR Kids Aqua Toddlers Water Shoes
- JIASUQI Baby Swim Water Shoes
- Crocs Kids' Classic Water Shoes
- Stride Rite Made 2 Play Kids Water Shoes
- SUIEK Baby Boys Girls Swim Water Shoes
- Aquakiks Water Shoes for Kids and Toddlers
- L-RUN Kids Swim Water Shoes
- How to Choose the Best Kids Water Shoes?
- The Popular Types of Water Shoes You Will Find in the Market
- How to Maintain Water Shoes for Longevity?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Swim Network Overview
Reasons Why You Need Water Shoes for Your Kids
Without much storytelling, water shoes are just as important as normal shoes. Of course, water shoes are more rugged. Water shoes are primarily to protect your child’s feet. The benefits of water shoes are discussed below:
Protection from Sharp Objects
Ideally, water shoes should be comfortable and safe on your kid’s feet. They are also expected to protect their feet from sharp objects and other dangerous materials.
Your child’s feet are still tender and they may get bruised or cut when they step on sharp objects such as rock, glass, and shells. Some shoes even come with toe protection to eliminate the occurrence of stubbed toes.
Won’t it look weird when other kids are wearing cute water shoes and yours is wearing regular shoes or nothing? Water shoes are built for the occasion – to withstand rigorous activities even when wet.
You can improve your baby’s look by finishing up that wonderful outfit with a perfect pair of water shoes. Even so, not just any water shoe, but fitting, quality ones.
Protect Your Child’s Feet Hot Sand
Although, you may arrive at the beach quite early enough. Things may become frustrating when the sun steps out smiling on the sands of the beach.
Of course, your child’s feet are still tender and they may feel the heat. It may burn them and this implies the end of fun-time for your kid.
Provides Comfort and Warmth
Since your kid can’t go with any shoe to the beach or around water. Most water shoes are designed to be soft and flexible. Some shoes even come with fabric upper which offers more comfort and breathability to the feet, thus keeping them cool.
When the temperature is pretty cold, wearing water shoes are one of the ways to conserve body temperature. Additionally, water shoes protect your kid’s feet from the hot rays of the sun, as well as, harmful UV rays.
Prevents Your Child from Slipping
Lastly, your kid may find it difficult to get a good grip on wet, slippery places. This is where water shoes come to help.
They are designed to support your kids while walking by providing great traction. This efficient traction is made possible with the aid of special threads etched on the underside of the shoes.
Do you want to cut costs? You can do that with a pair of water shoes. They offer more versatility than regular shoes. Your kid can run, trek, hike and do anything with the shoes.
See Also: 19 Best Water Shoes for Women
List of the Best Water Shoes for Toddlers and Kids
Wearing a pair of reliable water shoes for your toddler or kids is synonymous to caring for them. Before you go deep into the reviews, I have listed some of the best water shoes for toddlers and kids in the market.
- Best Overall: Fresko Toddler and Little Kids Water Shoes
"Easy-to-use, thick rubber sole, Soft Neoprene Upper, offers impressive protection and support while walking."
- Best Budget: Aquakiks Water Shoes for Kids and Toddlers
"Lightweight, superior waterproof ability, quick drying and comes with user-friendly closures."
- Best With Hooks and Locks: Carter's Toddler/Little Kid Water Shoes
"Pocket-friendly, breathable material, available in many colors, comes with sturdy hooks and locks."
- Best With Durable Sole: iPlay Baby & Toddler Water Shoes
"Allergen-free, great traction, easy to take on or off, comes with a thick sole to protect your child’s foot."
- Best With Quick-Drying: Speedo Surfwalker Pro Toddler Water Shoes
"Breathable, soft fabric, well-cushioned, build materials are well-pored to allow quick drying."
- Best With Toe Protection: KEEN Kids' Seacamp Water Shoes
"Soft foot-bed, hypoallergenic, PFC-free, user-friendly buckles, offers great value for money."
- Best Without Socks: Crocs Kids' Swiftwater Play Shoes
"Rugged, built to last, and will make a great Christmas present for your kid."
- Best for Energetic Big Kids: Teva Tidepool Sport Toddler/Little Kid Water Shoes
"Soft sole, breathable, fashionable, less susceptible to developing odor."
- Best With Odor-Resistance: Native Unisex Kid's Jefferson Slip-On Water Shoes
"Washable, breathable, water-proof, can be used in almost all conditions."
- Best for Active Toddlers: Merrell Kids' Hydro 2.0 Water Shoes
"Heavy duty, versatile, durable, and possesses the ability to withstand intense use."
Comparison of Top 19 Best Water Shoes for Toddlers and Kids 2020
Due to the diversity of brands and features, getting the right water shoes can be pretty tough. Using a below-par pair of water shoes implies below-par protection for your child, eventually resulting in discomfort or injury.
In a nutshell, the importance of good water shoes cannot be neglected. To solve the complexity of getting the best water shoes of your choice, this article contains reviews of the top 19 best water shoes for toddlers and kids in the market.
For a start, I have made a comparison table available for a quick analysis of each product. However, I recommend that you also read the full review of all the products.
Reviews of the Best Water Shoes for Toddlers and Kids
Since there is no form of monopoly in the footwear market, water shoes come in different sizes, features, designs, colors, and quality. Just like you always want the best for your child, this is my own way of caring for your champ.
Following the quick analysis table, I have also made a detailed review of each product for improved accuracy in decision-making.
OshKosh Kids Aquatic Water Shoes
(Best for Girls)
The OshKosh branded product is an excellent pair of shoes for your toddler. It is a nice pair for toddlers with a taste for appealing colors and styles. You should not deny your children this exceptional product as it is quite affordable.
It can be worn by your one-year-old or your 4 years old kids. It is a perfect match of two colors which brings about the exceptional aesthetics of the shoes. Apart from the design, it showcases a number of features that make it a worthy addition to your toddler’s shoe rack.
Just as you do not want something harsh on your kid, the Aquatic Water Shoes are made from soft materials. These materials are also mild to the skin and won’t trigger any irritation. Additionally, the materials are breathable, as well as, the entire show itself, thanks to the openings.
It is designed in such a way that most of your kid’s foot is packed into the shoe. Impressively, it offers a decent level of protection from the sun and UV rays. The sole is soft on the foot and even offers great traction on the ground, preventing your child from slipping.
Buckling the shoes is with ease, just a simple hook, and lock, the shoes will stay firm on the feet. You really do not need to worry about the design as it can be worn by any of the two genders. It will delight you to know that it is also machine-washable.
- Soft and won’t ache your toddler’s feet.
- It offers more sun protection to your toddler’s feet.
- It is easy to buckle.
- It is quite affordable.
- The toes are not too exposed.
- It has great traction.
- It can be worn by male and female toddlers.
- The toes may stick out from the openings.
- The sole may not be able to withstand heavy use.
- Sand may enter the shoes, making it uncomfortable.
See Also: 19 Best Swimming Goggles for Kids
Carter's Toddler/Little Kid Water Shoes
(Best With Hooks and Locks)
The Carter’s is a popular brand in the US. Of course, it is backed by a number of years in production. These years have been utilized to garner reputation by churning out great quality products. And in this instance, it doesn’t disappoint.
The brand manufactures a number of products but they care so much about kids and toddlers, producing decent wears and clothing for them. This product is another great piece with a perfect combination of colors.
The bulk of the shoe is in one color while the tongue and throat are in another color. The shoe is available in many color combinations, grey and lemon, black and orange, and many more. The sole is made from a soft material and laced with another soft material on the inside to eliminate aches.
The top of the shoe is made from fabric which has breathable holes that help to remove heat when worn. The fabric is quite durable and can withstand heavy use. The shoes are fitted with hooks and locks to help secure them on your child’s feet.
- It is quite affordable.
- Made of lightweight and durable materials.
- Although the shoes don’t come with an opening, the top material is breathable and will help reduce heat.
- Available in many colors.
- It comes with hooks and locks.
- Comes from a reputable brand.
- May become smelly if the fabric (top) isn’t well dried out.
- The fabric may accommodate a lot of sand if used on the beach.
- The ankle may be too tight.
- Not available in sizes.
See Also: 19 Best Toddler Swim Vests
iPlay Baby & Toddler Water Shoes
(Best With Durable Sole)
The IPlay is a great brand for durable water shoes for your children. This product allows you to protect your child with a pocket-friendly price. Despite its price value, it offers a lot that will impress you and your child as well.
The soles are made from Neoprene which is hypoallergenic. They are made thick to enhance fitness and provide the much-needed traction for your kid, whilst they catch fun. Impeccably, they can still traction well on slippery floors.
In a fashionable manner, the Neoprene sole is combined with a fabric mesh top. Since the fabric mesh ensures breathability, you can be sure that your child’s feet are kept cool at all times.
The fabric mesh top is very elastic such that it will enter your toddler’s leg with ease. Additionally, it offers a bit of UV ray protection.
In general, the shoes dry quickly when wet but the fabric mesh even faster, making it a top-notch water shoe product. The shoes come with pull tabs to make them easy to put on. With this, your kid can also put it on without your supervision.
- It comes in many different colors and sizes.
- It can be worn by males and females.
- It is breathable, keeping your child’s feet cool.
- It comes with a durable, thick sole.
- The fabric mesh is high-quality and dries up quickly.
- The sole is well-designed for great traction on slippery floors.
- Free from irritants and allergens.
- It should be worn with socks.
- The available sizes may not fit into some feet, resulting in blisters.
- It may not be able to tolerate heavy use.
See Also: 17 Best Baby Swimsuits
Speedo Surfwalker Pro Toddler Water Shoes
(Best With Quick-Drying)
Has your kid been dreaming of becoming a professional water sports athlete? You can keep your child’s dream alive by getting him/her a Speedo Surfwalker Pro toddler water shoes. It offers great comfort and won’t deny your child’s chances of becoming a superstar.
The product is one of the most attractive water shoes in my compilation. It is readily available in about 10 color combinations. The yellow-blue, black-aqua and the pink-white are the most patronized. Your baby should be loving it at first sight.
While you may care less about the attraction, the product offers some other decent features. The shoes are breathable, courtesy of the fabric mesh body. The fabric mesh is also able to withstand harsh conditions and water.
The entire shoe is light and will permit your kid to roam about. The sole is made from soft rubber, contributing to the 3-ounce weight per shoe. The shoes feature user-friendly hooks and loops to keep the shoes in your kid. It is easier to wear and remove.
The intriguing part is the absence of openings, such that your kid’s toes are not sticking out of the shoe.
- It comes in different colors, about 10.
- The shoe features a breathable top which helps to minimize odor.
- Impressive design that will be loved by your kids.
- The shoes with a fast-drying fabric mesh.
- The inside of the sole is well-cushioned to increase comfort.
- It comes with a user-friendly hook and loop buckle.
- No opening that can cause your toddler’s toes to stick out.
- The fabric can accommodate sand.
- It can get dirty easily.
- Fairly above the low-budget range.
See Also: 17 Best Swim Diapers
KEEN Kids' Seacamp Water Shoes
(Best With Toe Protection)
If any shoe is to match the description of a water shoe, the KEEN Kids’ Seacamp is a perfect match. It can withstand the toughest condition even after soaking in water. The brand is popular for water shoes.
The pair comes in a great design and lots of color combinations. You are faced with up to 40 different color combinations that you might even need a mini color buying guide to pick your choice.
This particular shoe gives your kid the maximum protection from sharp and harmful objects. The sole of the shoe is thick and tough, and more than capable. At the same time, the sole provides great traction just like in the boot of an athlete.
The child’s foot can fit, securely, into the water shoes, thanks to the elastic lace and the Velcro closure. The hook and loop help to close up the shoe’s top made of a fabric mesh. The fabric mesh allows your baby’s feet to breathe whilst also preventing the build-up of foul smell.
In addition to the already decent comfort, the shoes are fitted with comfy footbeds, made from ethylene vinyl acetate, to enhance comfort. The entire shoes are made from PFC-free materials and non-allergenic materials.
- The top is made from hypoallergenic material, which is washable.
- Offers top-notch protection.
- Low-profile design and thick soles.
- The water shoes are available in more than 40 different color combinations.
- The shoes are made from PFC-free materials.
- The foot-bed is made from ethylene-vinyl acetate which ensures a soft feel on your kid’s foot.
- It offers much value for your money.
- The pair comes with buckles to make it a great fit for your child.
- Quite heavy.
KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 Water Shoes
All your kid needs in a water shoe are effectiveness, comfort, and protection. All these you will find in the KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 water shoes. You should not be surprised this is the second KEEN’s product on this list, they have a lot of top-notch products for your kids.
With this product, you do not have to worry about finding an appealing color theme. It comes in several number of color combinations, far more than 50 for your kid to pick from. The color, coupled with the design, is excellent and will make your kid stand out.
The entire shoes, the upper and lower parts, are made from quality materials to tolerate the rigor that may be exerted by your kid. For the upper part, a particular breathable fabric is sewn into the soles on both sides in the form of straps.
The two sides are held together by an elastic cord which also helps to ensure that the shoes fit. At the back, each shoe is a pull tab to help your kid put it on without your presence.
For the lower part, the sole is synthetic and made from soft rubber. The sole offers impressive under-foot protection, thanks to its thickness. The front of the sole is a little elevated to also provide toe protection.
- There are several number of color themes.
- It offers great protection to your kid’s toes.
- The upper part is made of waterproof leather.
- It is easy to clean or wash.
- The footbed is removable in case you need to wash it.
- It comes with a modifiable hook and strap.
- With the elastic lace, the shoe can be compressed easily to suit the user’s foot.
- Although it is made from leather, it may not be as rugged as neoprene uppers. Hence, it’s great for less frequent use.
- It comes with openings that may allow sand into the shoes., subsequently, causing discomfort.
Crocs Kids' Swiftwater Play Shoes
(Best Without Socks)
The Crocs is a very popular brand in the footwear industry. Currently, it is growing in reputation and will continue with their persistent churning out of high-grade comfy footwear. This product is a testimony of such quality, hence, you should not expect anything less.
This product, Crocs Kids’ Swiftwater Play shoes, employs quality synthetic materials for its water-shoe function. The product is lightweight and should be easy to carry for your toddler. A pull tab is positioned at the heel region of each shoe, making it easy for your toddler to put on.
The majority of the shoes, including the sole and upper part, is made from soft foam. This way, you should care less about blisters or aches. Remarkably, the foam material absorbs little water and can be used around water or even on land.
The shoes are built such that the foam construction offers huge protection to your toes. The shoes are further reinforced with soft breathable materials around the heel and ankle. Due to this, your toddler may decide to use shoes with or without socks.
In terms of design, your child gets to enjoy exquisite color schemes. As many as 7 color schemes are available to pick from.
- Offers all-round protection to the feet.
- It is available in 7 beautiful color blends.
- It doesn’t absorb much water.
- It can be used anywhere – around water or on land.
- It comes with pull tabs.
- It comes with a breathable soft interior.
- It can be used with or without socks.
- The traction may fade off under intense use.
- The lock strap may come off under heavy use.
Teva Tidepool Sport Toddler/Little Kid Water Shoes
(Best for Energetic Big Kids)
Are you looking for a rugged and comfortable pair of water shoes for your child? Then write down this product, Teva Tidepool sport water shoes. It is a simple and fashionable product for your energetic, young superman or superlady.
Talking about aesthetics, it definitely going to reproduce a classic sight on your toddler’s feet. The shoes are made available in 12 intriguing color combinations.
It is not really a shoe but a sandal. However, it does perform excellently under heavy use even when used around water. It fits well on your toddlers’ feet, even more securely with the easy-to-use hook and loop strap.
It is breathable, thanks to the fabric and the openings. It can fit toddlers with fat or narrow feet. The sole, which is made from rubber, is thick and optimized for safety and maximum traction while walking.
Additionally, it provides maximum protection for your child’s toes.
- It comes with a soft sole.
- The hook and loop strap is easy to buckle, even by the child.
- Available in 12 different color combinations.
- It comes with fairly breathable fabric.
- Durable and rugged, capable of withstanding intense use.
- It is less susceptible to developing an odor.
- The openings make it easier for beach sand to come in.
- Your toddler’s socks may get soil faster.
- Without socks on, your toddler’s toes may pop out.
Native Unisex Kid's Jefferson Slip-On Water Shoes
(Best With Odor-Resistance)
You do not have to panic about your child. Since you have this product on your child, you are covered. The product is a slip-on water shoe built to suit the curious lifestyle of many toddlers.
The fantastic product offers nice aesthetics. It is available in different sizes and colors, giving you and your child a wide range of options to pick from. It is also available for adults.
The shoes are made from rubber and Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA). Rubber was used for the soles and EVA for the upper part of the shoes. These build materials are hydrophobic making it easy for you to wash and dry the shoes.
The materials are very flexible and would accommodate both narrow and wide feet. The two materials do not absorb water, hence, they are highly odor-resistant.
The rubber sole ensures the shoes do not slip while walking. At the same time, it provides a form of shock resistance. The inside of the shoes is lined with EVA foot-bed which cushions your child’s leg, ultimately enhancing comfort.
Remarkably, as time goes on, it molds and shapes itself to the foot of its use. It is durable and can withstand rigorous use. The upper is evenly perforated to ensure your child's feet breathe well.
- It is resistant to odor and well-ventilated.
- It is washable.
- It offers some amount of shock resistance.
- The product is completely water-proof.
- It comes with perforations to make it breathable.
- It can be used in almost all locations and conditions.
- It showcases nice aesthetics and comes in several color schemes.
- It may not be a good option for those allergic to rubber.
Fresko Toddler and Little Kids Water Shoes
(Best Overall - Editor's Choice)
Just like every parent wants to protect their kids by getting them water shoe, the manufacturer of the product also cares so much. Thanks to its interest in your child’s welfare, the manufacturer, Fresko, has made its product to be durable and exceptional with quality build materials.
Unlike the most shoes listed earlier, this product covers your child’s entire leg. Quite a pair for 100 percent protection for your toddler that wants his or her own independence.
Whilst they play with sand, building their sandcastles, the pair, with its unique design, can prevent sand from reaching their feet. This is made possible with the skin-tight nature of the upper and the elastic tapering around the ankle.
It is a shoe they can wear or remove without your help, thanks to the pull tabs. The thick sole offers decent traction, preventing your kid from slipping, as well as, protection from sharp objects.
The upper is quick to dry when wet. Impressively, it can be thrown into the washing machine after use. It comes with the Velcro closures to keep it firm and less bulky.
- It can be washed, even in a washing machine.
- It offers great traction.
- It comes in a number of attractive colors.
- Each shoe features a hook and loop buckle and a pull tab on the heel.
- Offers toe protection.
- You need not worry about sand getting into your toddler’s shoes.
- Flexible and quick to dry.
- Best for active toddlers.
- Since it covers the entire foot, there is a huge possibility that the shoe may get hot.
CIOR Fantiny Quick Drying Kids Water Shoes
Looking for a lightweight pair of water shoes for your female toddler or kid? The color schemes are quite beautiful and will definitely appeal to female kids.
The product is a breathable, barefoot water shoe. The upper is made from soft fabric which has a soft feel on the feet. It is easy to put on and remove even though it has a pull tab. It is super flexible just like a sock on the foot.
The neck of the shoes is designed to eliminate the possibilities of blisters and chafing. It is also tapered with soft material that can prevent sand from entering.
The water shoes are quick-drying ones making it an ideal product for swimming. The sole is made of flexible rubber which can withstand both light and heavy use. It can protect your kids from harmful objects.
The versatility provided by the product makes it stand. It can be used for walking, beach sport, running and other outdoor and indoor sports.
- The entire shoes are made of soft breathable fabrics.
- The sole is made from soft, top-quality rubber.
- The ankle is tapered with soft smooth fabrics to prevent scratching and blisters.
- It is a quick-drying product.
- It is fashionable and will appeal so much to girls.
- It offers great versatility.
- It can be used for swimming.
- Less breathable.
- It does not provide much toe protection.
Merrell Kids' Hydro 2.0 Water Shoes
(Best for Active Toddlers)
The Merrell Kids’ Hydro 2.0 is a pair of water shoes that will impress you at first sight. The product is a pair of sandal-type water shoes. It is built solely for ruggedness and adventurous kids.
The shoes are available in five attractive color schemes which will definitely impress your male kid. Most male kids are playful and curious, hence, this product will be good for them. The shoes are made of leather which is lined with a hydrophobic layer.
The special hydrophobic layer ensures that the shoe dries out quickly when wet. Regardless of the build material, it is durable and rugged. The shoes are breathable and won’t keep your baby’s feet hot.
The entire shoes are kept firm on your child’s feet with the aid of the Velcro straps. The hook and loop are easy to use such that your child can wear the shoes all by themselves. The soles are thick and can cater for your child’s needs.
Your child can wear the shoes with no fear of blisters or chafing. They can run around with it, swim with it and even do other rigorous activities with the shoes. Additionally, the shoes can be used with a washing machine.
- It comes in nine color schemes.
- Offers protection for your child’s toe.
- It is rugged and durable.
- It dries out quickly when wet.
- The light, thick sole is made of rubber.
- It comes with a child-friendly Velcro strap.
- It is breathable.
- It doesn’t fit into most feet.
- It does not protect your feet from the sand.
CIOR Kids Aqua Toddlers Water Shoes
Here is another exceptional and affordable product from CIOR, a confirmation of their quality. The product poses as the best pair for your toddler or kid. In terms of providing your toddler comfort and protection, you will never be left disappointed.
The shoes come in a sleek and low profile design and come in several alluring colors. Though they appear lightweight, they are sturdy and can provide great comfort. It is a special type of closed-toe water shoes that do not come with laces.
The shoe is supported at the base with tough but flexible soles. The soles are extended at the front to form a toe cap which is aimed at protecting your child’s toes. The soles are imprinted with the best tread design to ensure they are non-slip.
The upper is manufactured from soft fabric mesh that ensures fresh air reaches your feet. The fabric mesh is also soft on the skin, supplying you the comfort you need even when walking on rocks and hot sand.
Additionally, the fabric mesh is quick-drying, giving you just a short time to dry your shoes before returning to the pool. Due to this characteristic, the shoes are odor-resistant.
- It is affordable.
- Lightweight and low profile design.
- It has a soft breathable upper.
- It can be washed easily.
- Offers the best protection to your toddler’s toes.
- It is slip-resistant and odor-resistant.
- It comes with durable soles.
- It is quite fashionable. It is also available in several colors.
- The shoes do not come with laces, making it difficult to put on or make firm on some toddler’s feet.
- It does not offer maximum protection from UV rays.
JIASUQI Baby Swim Water Shoes
(Best for Light Activities)
Are you looking for lightweight water shoes for your baby whilst still enjoying wholesome quality? Try the JIASUQI baby swim water shoes. The product is a decent and affordable pair of shoes.
Though not ideal for heavy use, it can definitely last your child a long time if well maintained. They can offer protection against hot sand and rocks.
Surprisingly, the product is readily available in numerous color combinations and designs that can appeal to your toddlers. The dolphin design, the octopus design and other colorful designs that can attract them.
The entire shoes are made from polyester and spandex, and rubber with the former for the upper and the latter for the sole. These materials are soft and elastic such that they fit reasonably well. Even without socks on, your child is less likely to develop blisters.
Although the shoes do not come with laces, they are designed to have a soft fitting mouth which prevents sand from entering the shoes. The soles are non-slip and super flexible.
- It is available in numerous colors.
- It provides nice comfort.
- Perfect for many activities such as running, swimming, walking, beach sports, etc.
- The neck of the shoes is designed to offer a soft and harmless feel on your toddler’s ankle.
- The sole and upper are made from high-grade, non-slip and lightweight materials.
- It is available at affordable prices.
- Low profile design and flexibility.
- It is almost impossible for sand to get into.
- Due to the absence of laces, it may be difficult to put on the shoes or adjust the shoes prior to wearing them.
- It does not offer as much breathability and drainage.
Crocs Kids' Classic Water Shoes
Looking for a pair of water shoes that can be maintained easily? Try out the Crocs Kids’ Classic water shoes. It is another awesome product from Crocs on this list that will work just great on your kids.
This Crocs wear is incredibly versatile due to its sophisticated build material. They are pretty easy to put on. Just a push in your feet and flick up the strap behind your heels.
The strap, on each shoe, is strong to bear the versatile use of the product. More importantly, the entire shoes are made from a foam material, explaining the rigid but comfortable feel of the shoes. They are pretty much rugged and are prone to last your toddler for a while.
The shoes are available in several number of colors for your toddler to pick from. It is a decent product to catch fun. The shoes can accommodate almost all types of foot including wide flat ones.
They are not great for swimming but they will perform almost all other activities such as running and beach sports, protecting your child. They are gentle on the skin and won’t form any blister or trigger allergies.
- It offers great comfort and protection for the entire foot.
- The shoes are perforated to keep them breathable.
- They are washable.
- They are almost indestructible.
- The shoes are easy to wear and remove.
- They are versatile and can last pretty long.
- They are available in lots of colors.
- Less flexible.
- They do not have laces.
Stride Rite Made 2 Play Kids Water Shoes
If you are looking for great water shoes for your active toddler, then this should come on your list. As long as a curious son wants to explore and enjoy his day, you can offer him the best protection by getting this pair for him.
The shoes are the active type of water shoes and are made from rubber and EVA. They resemble normal shoes but are much stronger and durable. With this, you can be sure that your child is safe even if he decides to switch from water sports to running.
With the build materials use, the toes are well-protected from any collision or sharp objects. The soles are built to be durable and engraved on the underside with nice threading that supports your child and prevents him from slipping.
Again, the materials favor prolonged use. Since they create a soft feel around your toddler’s feet, they do not cause any form of blisters or scratching even without the using socks. Intriguingly, the shoes can be machine washed.
At the same time, the shoes are quick-drying such that your toddler’s sweat dries out faster, thus minimizing the possibility of odor development. To keep the feet firm, the shoes are equipped with easy-to-use hooks and loops.
The shoes are equipped with an anti-microbial layer to prevent the development of bacteria, particularly the odor-producing ones.
- They are odor-resistant and anti-microbial.
- Available in a lot of colors.
- They are versatile.
- Highly durable and can be machine washed.
- It comes with thick rubber soles for optimum protection and traction.
- It is made from quick-drying materials.
- The hooks and loops are easy put in on or off.
- It cannot cause blisters even without socks.
- Sand can get into the shoes easily, resulting in discomfort.
SUIEK Baby Boys Girls Swim Water Shoes
Finally, you have decided to take your one-year-old child to the beach but you need to protect his or her foot from the hot sand. Of course, I’ve got an ideal product for that, the SUIEK baby water shoes.
With the early walkers in mind, the manufacturer decided to make it easier for parents to take their babies to the beach. This, they did by producing fantastic water shoes that will ensure your baby enjoys the outing.
A popular waterproof material, Neoprene was used to manufacture the shoes including the soles. Neoprene is known to be soft, flexible and fairly elastic. This implies that your child is free from blisters and any form of ache.
Indeed, the shoes do not come with rubber soles but those made from Neoprene and fitted with diamond rubber patched for improved traction. The upper is also made from Neoprene which makes it easy for your child to put on the shoes.
Since the product is made for babies, the shoes are lightweight, making it easy for your baby to carry without getting tired. At the same time, they are capable of protecting your baby from hot sand and water.
- Extremely lightweight.
- They offer protection from the hot scorching sand.
- Nice for your one-year-old toddler.
- Made from a soft, comfy and flexible material.
- The build material, Neoprene, is non-allergenic.
- It is fairly elastic.
- It does not come with laces.
- They cannot be used for long.
- Due to their not-too-thick soles, they cannot be used in rocky, stony areas.
Aquakiks Water Shoes for Kids and Toddlers
Have you got a toddler with narrow feet? Try out the water shoes from Aquakiks. The water shoes are waterproof and very much effective for water-sports and beach sport. However, the most noticeable feature is its ability to accommodate narrow feet.
In a bid to ensure easy movement, the shoes are manufactured from lightweight materials. The sole manufactured from rubber and the upper made from neoprene. These two materials joined together to provide the waterproof characteristic of the shoe.
The build materials are quick-drying because they do not absorb water. Simply hose out the dirt and your toddler is good to go. Thanks to the Neoprene upper, the shoes are made fit on the feet. Together with the hook and loop closure, the fitting is made effective.
The shoes are made comfy with a well-cushioned interior. On the heels of the pair are pull tabs that make it easy to put on or pull off the shoes.
- Available in a number of colors and designs.
- It comes with a pull tab.
- Made from Neoprene, a non-allergenic material.
- It comes with a hook and loop buckle.
- The sole is extended for toe protection.
- Less breathable.
L-RUN Kids Swim Water Shoes
When talking about water shoes, the L-RUN brand is quite a popular one. This product, one of many from them, is a barefoot type of water shoes.
They are made with the lightest materials possible with respect to quality functionality. In terms of build material, the upper of the shoes are made from polyester while the soles are made from rubber. The rubber material, coupled with the threads underneath, guarantees good traction when using the shoes.
The polyester material, which is hydrophobic, eliminates the possibility of water being retained in the shoes. Additionally, the material is a quick-drying one.
The shoes are made to stay sleekly on your toddler’s feet. They are available in several color designs that will excite your toddler. The heels of the shoes are fitted with pull tabs, allowing your child to put it on or off without your attention.
Due to the build materials used, the shoes are flexible and can be packed into your luggage with ease. For activities such as running, yoga, beach sports, and other outdoor and indoor activities, this product will work satisfactorily.
- It comes in dozens of color designs.
- Quick to dry.
- It is affordable.
- It offers much versatility.
- Comes with strong soles with good traction to prevent slipping,
- Lightweight and flexible.
- Easy to put on or off by your toddler.
- May not be used for hiking.
- Less Breathable.
How to Choose the Best Kids Water Shoes?
Seeing your young champ express their curiosity or catch some fun can be quite thrilling. However, you may also be worried about their safety. Although you should still keep an eye on them, water shoes can still play the role of assistant parents. Getting them the best pair is simply the best option.
Indeed, the water shoe market for toddlers and kids is quite lucrative. Obviously, one should expect some simple law of economics where many brands and manufacturers would want to enter the market. The end result is the presence of many products with brands, quality, features, and design filling the market.
Consequently, the consumers fall into the impasse of having to pick the best water shoes for toddlers and kids in their family. Hence, a comprehensive buying guide is needed to help make parents make the best choice of purchase.
Leaving the price and “first sight impression” aside, there are some other important things to look out for when buying water shoes for your child. All these I have compiled and made clear in this section. Nevertheless, I also suggest going through the reviews of any product prior to purchase just as seen in this article.
Below are important things to look out for if you really want to select the best water shoes for toddlers and kids.
Type and Material
Compared to regular shoes, water shoes are made with selective materials that ensure its durability and ability to protect your child’s feet are maximize.
Common materials used to manufacture water shoes include cotton, neoprene, rubber, foam, and leather. For children allergic to rubber, rubber shoes are off. Some materials such as silk are best for light use.
The intended use will determine the type of shoe you will buy. If your toddler will be doing a lot of intense activities, shoes with tough sole, great cushioning and good traction will be the best buy. If you will be doing just light recreation beside a pool or beach, a lightweight pair with slip-on will be good.
Based on your child’s intended use, you can select between the various types. The sandal type or active type will be fine for gentle use and beach activities. For adventurous and playful children, the closed-toe type will do just fine.
The environment or weather of your vacation’s location may also be considered. In hot weather or tropical areas, you will do just fine with shoes having simple mesh to ensure breathability. For vacations in colder climates, you may choose shoes with more thickness to serve as an insulator against cold.
Size and Comfort
Why should you buy a pair of shoes that won’t fit well on your kid? The size, fitting and comfort go hand-in-hand. Thanks to the diverse brands, build materials and sizes, you can pick shoes for your baby even if his or her foot is wide, flat, narrow or big.
Since these shoes are used in wet conditions, your child’s tender feet will get soft and they are more prone to developing blisters and scratches. Ensure they try it on, walk with it for some minutes before finalizing the purchase.
Design, Support, and Appearance
After wearing that awesome beach clothes for your kid, the next thing is to balance up with a nice pair of water shoes. Fortunately, most top-notch products are available in many color schemes and come with great aesthetics. Your child, if he or she has a taste, can pick from the wide range of color schemes whilst still enjoying great quality.
The traction (and support) provided by each shoe helps to aid walking on slippery places. Most shoes with great traction are known to have nice threads imprinted on the underside of the sole. This helps to keep the shoes in place for your playful kid.
The Popular Types of Water Shoes You Will Find in the Market
Yes, Types. There are different types of water shoes to pick from. They differ in construction, design, price and level of comfort.
The Sandal Type
Of course, you must be familiar with sandals. Just imagine a sandal that is made water-proof. They are shoes that are not closed up entirely.
They are lightweight. They come with thicker soles and openings which allows your toddler’s feet to breathe. However, they do not provide as much toe protection for hiking.
The Closed Toe Type
They are the “true shoes”. They enclose all your child’s feet providing protection to every part of their feet. They are the best for adventurous kids who love running around.
They are equipped with everything needed to make your child comfortable. They come with laces, fabric mesh, collar, and tough pull tabs. On the downside, closed-toe water shoes do not offer as much breathability to the feet. Also, it takes pretty long to dry and drain if soaked.
They are not really socks. They are just made like socks but with traction on the sole. They are best for light activities on the beach.
Shoes for Active Individuals
As the name suggests, these shoes for active individuals such as runners, trekkers, and hikers. They offer all-round protection, durability, comfort, as well as, great traction.
They come with soles thicker than other water shoes and are way heavier than others. The thick sole justifies their versatility and over-effectiveness.
This type of shoes are the best water sports, beach sports, surfers, and barefoot runners. They are super flexible and made of rubber.
They come with no outsoles. They are lightweight, well-drainage and will provide good ventilation for your toddler’s feet.
See Also: 15 Best Water Socks for Swimming
How to Maintain Water Shoes for Longevity?
Although water shoes are rugged, they still deserve some form of maintenance. The level of maintenance determines the useful life of water shoes. You can your toddler’s water shoes by cleaning (or washing) and proper storage.
Just like most things you have at home, you also need to clean your child’s water shoes. Remember they are more adventurous than you are. You may end up seeing a badly soiled pair after the whole fun-catching.
Of course, you won’t want to abandon or throw them out. You simply need to clean them up. Unfortunately, due to the water splashing and jams, water shoes can harbor a lot of odor-producing bacteria. At the same time, you won’t want to damage the shoe’s aesthetics.
As a precaution, ensure you know the material of the shoes before washing. Some materials are more delicate than the other. Furthermore, do not keep them to wash for another day. Below are some ways to clean water shoes.
- You may decide to soak in soap and warm water. However, this is dependent on the level of dirtiness and the type of material. Leather and silk water shoes are more liable to damage faster this way.
- You may use a washing machine. This is applicable to tough build materials like cotton.
- A little bit of cleaning with soft foam and soap will do fine for delicate materials.
- Ensure you dry the shoes properly before storing or they will smell.
After washing, you need to store the water shoes properly. Ensure the shoes are properly dried before storing them. However, you may treat the shoes for storage.
You can apply odor-killing powder to your shoes, which kills the bacteria responsible for the odor. You can also some scented powder or deodorants so to add fragrance to the shoes, making it smell nice till the next use. Finally, ensure you store in a cool dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It’s pretty impressive to see you reading and scrolling carefully down to this section. Did you miss any piece of information in other sections of the article? Do you have some questions in mind prior to reading my article?
Then do not panic. Here are some frequently asked questions to help answer those pressing questions.
Swim Network Overview
The importance of water shoes cannot be neglected, especially when it comes to handling toddlers. Those little creatures can be really frustrating on their quest for adventure. This is why you need to equip them for their next “Dora the Explorer” mission.
With the best water shoes for toddlers and kids, you can get the best protection available for them. Water shoes protect your child from sharp objects, hot sand, bacteria and potential sources of injury. They are specially designed for such functions, an advantage they have over regular shoes.
Of course, you won’t just jump into the market looking for water shoes. You should have prior knowledge of water shoes and the market itself. Consequently, I have written this article to provide you with the needed prior knowledge, not just any knowledge but the best.
In this article are some selected products numbering up to 19. After so much research from my part, they happened to be the best water shoes for toddlers and kids you can find in the market. Hence, I have compiled them and given a well-detailed review for each of them.
The Fresko pair is the best overall and quite great for active toddlers. The Speedo product is the best runner-up .The SUIEK water shoes are good for early walkers. The KEEN Newport H2 pair poses as the best sandal-type water shoe.
Have you used or bought any of these water shoes for your kids before? Feel free to share your experience in the comments section. You do not have to read this article alone. Simply share my post on Facebook or Twitter for your friends.