Fancy shoes such as stilettos, pumps, and wedges look so nice on ladies, complimenting their attractive looks and clothes. Unfortunately, they may not be useful in some situations. As much as they may cover your feet, they may not be the best option when it comes to water-related or sporting activities.
You definitely do not want to spoil your expensive wears all in the process of catching some fun. You’ve gotten your waterproof mp3 player and heart rate monitor, next thing you need is shoes. However, investing in the best water shoes for women is the way to go. Although this means spending some extra money to get these special shoes, it offers a number of convincing benefits.
Water shoes offer great protection to your feet. They also provide comfort to your feet while you enjoy yourself around the beach, beside the pool and other water-related and sporting activities. It also comes with a number of benefits that will be discussed in the next section.
If you are looking to get some wonderful and quality pairs for yourself, child, spouse or friend, I have compiled some of the best water shoes for women in the market. I will be making a full review of each product which will include their features, pros, and cons.
More Swim Gear Reviews:
Table of Contents
- My Top Picks
- Comparison Chart
- The 19 Best Water Shoes for Women Reviews
- 1. Zhuanglin Quick Drying
- 2. Columbia Women’s Drainmaker III
- 3. CIOR
- 4. SIMARI
- 5. KEEN Women’s Clearwater CNX Sandal
- 6. Speedo Women’s Surfwalker 3.0
- 7. WateLves
- 8. Viakix
- 9. Teva Women’s Evo
- 10. Aleader Quick Drying
- 11. Adidas Outdoor
- 12. Crocs Women’s Swiftwater Sandal
- 13. KEEN Women’s Newport H2 Sandal
- 14. Clorts
- 15. Merrell
- 16. SENFI
- 17. Mishansha
- 18. Clapzovr
- 19. VIFUUR Water Sports
- Choosing the Right Women Water Shoes
- Common Water Shoe Types Available in the Market
- 7 Simple Tips on How to Maintain Water Shoes
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Swim Network Overview
My Top Picks
Before you go deep into the reviews, I have listed some of the best water shoes for toddlers and kids in the market.
- Best Overall: Zhuanglin Quick Drying
“Thick soles, impressive drainage, offers premium protection and support.”
- Runner Up: Columbia Women’s Drainmaker III
“Rugged, durable, thick interior cushion, great for hiking.”
- Best Budget: CIOR
“Lightweight, superior drainage, quick-drying and equipped with thick soles and toe protection.”
- Best for Active Women: Teva Women’s Evo
“Bulky for protection, comfy shoes, does not ache if wearing for long.”
- Best Versatile: Clorts
“Rugged, versatile, and will be nice for long walks.”
- Best Stylish: Mishansha
“Breathable, soft shoe, which is fashionable and decent for light to medium activities.”
The importance of shoes cannot be overemphasized. They are just as important as your clothes too. Apart from the protection it offers, they complement your beautiful clothes.
In the case of water shoes, you not only enjoy enhanced protection, but you also get to visit those terrains and places you won’t want your Gucci shoes to go. Surprisingly, they are comfier than regular shoes.
I’ve researched the market and picked out the best of the best 19 water shoes for women. Fashion freaks, safety-minded, versatile and agile persons will find their taste in the selection. Below is a comparison table to facilitate a quick analysis of each product.
Nevertheless, the subsequent section does a lot more of justice on each product by discussing the entire features of each product, and its pros and cons.
|Water Shoes||Type||Material||Weight (per shoe), oz||Sizes|
|Zhuanglin Quick Drying - Best Overall|
|Closed Toe||Fabric (cotton) and Rubber||6.02||6 to 11|
|Columbia Women's Drainmaker III - Runner Up||Closed Toe||Rubber and Polyester||>6.5||5 to 9|
|CIOR - Best Budget||Closed Toe||Rubber and Fabric||>6.5||5.5 to 15|
|SIMARI - Best for Light Sporting Activities||Aqua socks / Barefoot||Polyester and Thermoplastic Rubber||5.99||4 to 13.4|
|KEEN Women's Clearwater CNX Sandal||Sandal||Leather and Rubber||6||5 to 11|
|Speedo Women's Surfwalker 3.0 - Best for Beach Activities||Closed Toe||Neoprene, Fabric, and Rubber||6.8||5 to 11|
|WateLves - Best for Vacation||Aqua socks / Barefoot||Polyester, Spandex, and Rubber||-||3.5 to 15|
|Viakix - Best with Great Traction||Closed Toe||Rubber and Polyester||6||One size|
|Teva Women's Evo - Best for Active Women||Closed Toe||Polyester, Leather, and Rubber||7||5.5 to 9.5|
|Aleader Quick Drying - Best with Good Drainage||Closed Toe||Fabric and Rubber||6||6 to 11|
|Adidas Outdoor - Best with Comfort and Fitting||Closed Toe||Fabric, Neoprene, and Rubber||6||7.5 to 11|
|Crocs Women's Swiftwater Sandal - Best for Those Allergic to Rubber||Sandal||Thermoplastic Polyurethane||5.6||4 to 11|
|KEEN Women's Newport H2 Sandal - Best for River Activities||Sandal||Polyester, Rubber, and TPU||6||5 to 11|
|Clorts - Best Versatile||Closed Toe||Rubber, Leather (PU) and Fabric||7.3||5 to 9|
|Merrell - Best Premium Closed-Toe Shoes||Closed Toe||Rubber, Leather, Neoprene, and Fabric||11||2 to 11|
|SENFI - Best for Kayaking||Aqua Socks / Barefoot||Fabric and Rubber||>2||7.5 to 12|
|Mishansha - Best Stylish||Closed Toe||Rubber, Lycra, and Polyester||6||4.5 to 15|
|Clapzovr||Sandal||PVC||>4||4 to 10.5|
|VIFUUR Water Sports - Best Lightweight||Aqua Socks / Barefoot||Rubber and Fabric||1.6||4 to 13|
The 19 Best Water Shoes for Women Reviews
Although water shoes are less expensive than regular shoes, buying a pair of water shoes can be intricate. Nobody wants to spend without getting the best especially when the market is saturated with water shoes from different brands. Hence, caution is required when buying your water shoes.
The market is got the best of the best shoes which requires thorough research that you may not have time for. To help simplify your assignment, I’ve picked these 19 best water shoes for women and reviewed them thoroughly for you. All you need is to do is – read, understand, select and buy.
1. Zhuanglin Quick Drying
(Best Overall – Editor’s Choice)
Great shoes have great qualities and features. The Zhuanglin Women’s water shoes are a nice pair to take along or wear to a water-related activity. It doesn’t come a surprise inclusion to this list as it bears a number of characteristics that make it valuable to its users, females.
Unlike men, ladies have little tolerance for tight, hot shoes. Fortunately, this product provides the needed comfort. With the upper made from fabric mesh, it is highly breathable and won’t scorch your feet.
Interestingly, the soles are perforated to ensure enhanced breathability. You need not worry about heat or rapid odor development. In fact, the fabric mesh is made of cotton for durability and function.
Included in the design is a top-quality sole which is made from rubber, a popular material in most shoes. The rubber material ensures that you stand firm by providing support and preventing you from slipping. The entire shoes absorb less water and are quick drying.
Since ladies are fashion-conscious, the shoes are available in different feminine and neutral colors that will definitely appeal to the eyes.
- The entirety of the shoe, the upper and sole, offers much breathability for your feet.
- The product is made from tough rubber and durable cotton-blend, fabric mesh.
- The fabric mesh is a quick-dry type.
- The fabric mesh is soft and offers decent cushioning to the feet.
- It is available in 14 colors.
- It comes in a width range of sizes.
- It comes with rubber soles.
- It offers great drainage.
- The shoes, due to the holes on the sole, may not be able to protect your feet from pointed sharp objects.
- It may not be able to withstand rocky areas.
2. Columbia Women’s Drainmaker III
From your first sight of the shoes, you should be able to conclude that this product is for active individuals. It is massive, well-designed, rugged and versatile. It is a premium product for almost any type of activity be it hiking, beach walking and more.
The shoe is a perfect bond between fabric and rubber, bring about this excellent product. The uppers of each shoe are thick and cushioned interiorly to provide maximum comfort. This also ensures you’re your toes are well-protected from injury. Despite this, the shoes are breathable such that your feet remain cool.
Also, the soles of the shoes are thick enough to keep you from worrying about any harm. When it comes to design, it doesn’t slack at all. The shoes are available in three colors. It is not quite much but it’s fair enough.
Although the shoes are not available in many sizes, it comes with laces which you can utilize to keep the shoe firm on your feet. To ensure great fitting on your feet, it also comes with tongues, as well as, pull tabs to make it easy to put on or off.
- Thick breathable upper.
- It offers better drainage.
- It comes in three colors.
- Impressive traction and support while walking.
- Quick-drying upper.
- It comes with pull tabs, laces, and tongues on both shoes.
- Not available in a large number of sizes.
In case you need an affordable pair of water shoes, you’ve got one in the CIOR brand. Despite its price tag, it offers more value for your money. At the same time, the shoes are fashionable. It wraps around your feet sleekly giving you the needed morale for your activities.
You should never worry about color and even size. Fortunately, they are also available in half sizes such that you get the closest size to your feet. The shoes are made from fabrics and rubber. This fabric upper justifies its inclusion by facilitating easy water drainage and ventilation.
Importantly, you should also enjoy more comfort and protection. The soles are flexible and they are strong enough to protect you from sharp objects. In fact, holes are made into the sole to ensure drainage.
- It is available in half sizes.
- It gives you the option of selecting from a large number of colors.
- It comes with quick-drying durable uppers.
- Possesses drainage holes on the soles.
- The neck of the shoes is lined with soft fabrics to prevent chafing and blisters.
- The soles of the shoes are thick and durable enough to shield your feet from sharp objects.
- Versatile and affordable.
- Fitted with suitable toe protection.
- May not perform well on slippery surfaces.
(Best for Light Sporting Activities)
Looking for a soft pair of water shoes for your next visit to the beach? Try the Simari water shoes as it has the alluring characteristics and quality you need for any activity associated with water. Fortunately, it comes at an affordable price, hence, no excuse for not wearing a quality shoe to the beach.
The entire shoes weigh less than 6 ounces such that you won’t even feel it on your feet when wearing them. It gives its wearer a definite soft feel on the feet, thanks to the comfortable fabric and soft soles.
For a proper quick-drying characteristic, the shoes must be made with a soft, hydrophobic material. This is ensured in the shoes as the upper is made from polyester and the soles from TPR (thermoplastic rubber). Not only do they dry quickly, but they also offer quality protection for hot sand, sharp objects and slipping.
Designed to be non-slip, the soles of the shoes have top-notch treading on them to ensure adequate traction. The upper of the shoes are soft and one should not worry about chafing or any form of blisters.
The shoes come in different colors and sizes to suit the taste of various consumers. The shoes, being an aqua socks type, are great for activities such as beach games, swimming, surfing, kayaking, yoga, etc. Additionally, the product comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Made from soft polyester and thermoplastic rubber.
- It is nice for yoga, jogging, running, swimming and many other beach sports.
- It provides adequate breathability and quick-drying.
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Smooth and rounded design on the neck to prevent blisters and chafing.
- It comes in different sizes and many alluring color designs.
- Won’t be a great buy for heavy activities such as hiking.
- It doesn’t come with straps or laces for easy entry.
5. KEEN Women’s Clearwater CNX Sandal
The Keen’s women’s water shoes highlight ruggedness and quality to achieve its function. The company, Keen, is very much interested in offering premium quality products. The product not only appeals to the eyes but it is incredibly lightweight and ready to go anywhere.
Many users will be impressed by the soft feel the water shoes provide. The product is made from two major materials, leather and rubber. The leather used for the upper and the rubber for the sole.
In terms of design and structure, the product is not a pair of shoes per se but water sandals. However, they do the function of water shoes with ease. The shoes offer great breathability and drainage, thanks to the open spaces on the upper.
The upper of the shoes come with elastic lacing cords to make them fit firmly on your feet. It also features two pull tabs around the neck, opposite each other. This allows you to put the shoes on with relative ease.
One of the qualities of a good water shoe is the ability to provide traction. Since the shoes will be used around water, the rubber soles are well-treaded and soft to prevent slipping. Despite not having a footbed, the inside sole feels quite soft on your feet.
The soles are also extended to provide protection to your toes. The product comes in several designs depending on the choice of the consumer.
- It comes with an elastic lacing to ensure it stays firm.
- It comes with a soft footbed which, surprisingly, is odor-resistant.
- Despite its sandal design, it comes with two pull tabs, making it easy put on.
- It has impressive drainage.
- Made from soft rubber sole which offers nice traction ability.
- Offers quality toe protection.
- Available in different sizes and colors.
- Your feet are exposed to sand. In case you are wearing a sock, it might get dirty quite easily.
- May not be able to withstand heavy use due to its leather build.
- The shoes may not accommodate fat feet.
6. Speedo Women’s Surfwalker 3.0
(Best for Beach Activities)
When it comes to products from brands like Speedo, we can be assured of quality and style. The brand has built its reputation over the years by dropping top-notch products. As if it knows the mind of its customers, products from the brand have always been spectacular and, even, unique.
For ladies with class, you definitely need to go for this product. Yes, it doesn’t come in many colors like the previous products, it offers a decent color combination made for ladies. The brand name is sweetly etched in the ankle region of the shoes.
The shoes were designed specifically as a beach-wear. However, it is casual enough and will easily fit into any event. It is light enough to carry around and will do just fine for workouts.
For optimum comfort, the shoes are constructed from soft, quick-drying breathable materials ensuring that the shoes stay cool when in use. The shoes also feature fabric meshes that help regulate the temperature in the shoes. The shoes are also provided with insoles to ensure better grip and comfort on the feet.
For the love of its customers, the manufacturer employs S-TRAC design on the outsoles to help disperse water from the shoes. Ultimately, this supports the movement by creating better traction and a non-slip surface to step on.
The shoes are made to be soft and stretchable such that they can be easily put on and off at any time. Indeed, it is a fashionable product as it comes in four beautiful color combinations that will be loved by females.
- It comes in just four colors.
- It is versatile and fashionable.
- Comes from a reputable brand.
- It is made from soft materials which can stretch to ease putting on and off.
- Breathable and quick-drying.
- Great traction on slippery surfaces.
- It comes with cushioned insoles.
- Easy to clean.
- It doesn’t come with laces, zippers or straps.
(Best for Vacation)
If you are looking to own amazing water shoes for light functions or for Hawaii vacation, then you have it in this product. The WaterLves pair is a colorful product to compliment your already-perfect outfit. It is a perfect pair for women and, even, men and kids.
The budget-friendly shoes are ultra-lightweight and super flexible. It doesn’t take much space in your backpack. The flexibility, together with the pull tabs, helps to make wearing easier and faster. Being a lightweight shoe, it gives you the freedom to walk or perform your activities with ease.
Together with the soft feel of the build materials, you are provided with the best comfort you ever wanted in a water shoe. While wearing the shoes, you should worry less about chafing or any form of blisters. Interestingly, each shoe comes with an anti-slip rubber sole.
The shoes are made from flexible, yet durable materials that can withstand many conditions. At the same time, it can provide protection from UV rays and hot sand, making it a good option for summer. You can also put them when visiting water parks, waterfalls, and beaches.
- Lightweight and breathable.
- It comes in different colorful designs and sizes.
- It comes with an anti-slip rubber sole.
- Fits well and offers a good grip on the feet.
- Offers a soft, cushion feel on the feet.
- It can be used for many light activities.
- Easy to wear; flexible and comes with pull tab.
- Not designed for hiking.
(Best with Great Traction)
Shoes are one of the most essential parts of an outfit. Consequently, good shoes will be an intriguing match. The shoes combine quality and fashion, a criterion commonly used by females.
The product is made from two materials, polyester and rubber. It is a closed-toe type that will keep all your foot enclosed in its comfy, well-cushioned inside.
The upper of the shoe is properly ventilated, permitting your foot to breathe and cool off appropriately. In terms of drainage, it does quite well. Furthermore, the upper of the shoes are quick-drying and it should not take too long before wearing them again.
The attraction offered by the shoes makes it a great choice of purchase. In the same vein, you get to enjoy the shoes in different color combinations. It won’t be bad if you own different color combinations.
When it comes to versatility, it fits so well into various activities. It can be used for swimming, kayaking, boating, and, even, walking.
- It comes with soft, thick and flexible rubber soles.
- Versatile; it can be used for various activities including swimming, kayaking, boating, and walking.
- The upper of the shoes are made from quick-drying fabric molded into a mesh.
- The insoles are well-cushioned to improve comfort, allowing you to wear the shoes for longer periods.
- The fabric upper is well-ventilated to ensure that your feet breathe properly.
- The soles are exceptionally durable with numerous traction points on the underside.
- Fashionable; comes in a great design.
- Available in many colors.
- It doesn’t come with laces, straps, and zippers, hence, wearing the shoes can be difficult.
- It doesn’t come with toe protection.
9. Teva Women’s Evo
(Best for Active Women)
The Teva brand is a quite popular brand in the US, delivering topnotch products for more than three decades now. From the brand logo’s, one will be sure of the manufacturer’s commitment to quality. The Tevo Evo Water shoes are a lightweight and durable pair that can be worn almost anywhere. You can wear them casually.
The Evo shoes are a closed-toe type with sturdy fabric lacing. The shoes are made from fabric and rubber. The interior of the shoes is made with molded fabric cushion to make you comfortable irrespective of the usage duration.
Remarkably, the midsoles of the pair are molded from IMEVA to ensure shock protection and enhanced support.
- The shoes are thick enough and can block off hot, harmful sun rays effectively.
- The rubber soles are well-threaded to support your feet in the water.
- The shoes drain water easily.
- They are great for the beaches.
- The pair comes with synthetic mesh breathable uppers which help to regulate the temperature of your feet.
- Comes with a strong lacing.
- Comes from a reputable brand.
- It doesn’t have large arch support.
- Doesn’t come with pull tabs.
- Little toe protection.
10. Aleader Quick Drying
(Best with Good Drainage)
Are you the agile type looking for the most versatile pair of shoes? Then you should start considering the Aleader Women’s Aqua water shoes. What more do you need? It’s got the design and ruggedness, and also comes from a popular brand to cap it all.
In terms of design, the shoes are made exceptionally different. Despite being a closed-toe type, they are different from regular water shoes. The sole of this product is made from rubber but they are perforated such that it resembles a large mesh. At the same time, the upper of the product comes in the form of a mesh, but as a fabric material.
The perforated upper allows fresh air to reach into the shoes, keeping your feet cool throughout the period of use. Additionally, it ensures that your foot breathes properly and regulates the temperature of the shoes even on sunny days. The soles, also perforated, offer a nice grip on surfaces.
In a nutshell, the shoes are lightweight, ventilated and offer good drainage. The product will surely do fine for activities such as boating, fishing, and rafting.
- The uppers of the shoes are fabric mesh with evenly spaced large holes, allowing your feet to breathe irrespective of how long you wear them.
- The shoes dry out quickly since the uppers are made from light, hydrophobic material.
- Thanks to the meshed uppers and perforated outsoles, the shoes drain faster when wet, making it an ideal pair for rafting, boating, and fishing.
- It comes in a variety of attractive colors.
- The soles are made from rubber with perforate threading which ensures a good grip.
- The interiors of the shoes are well-cushioned to ensure optimum comfort.
- The product provides decent arch support.
- The shoes won’t perform in very rocky areas.
- It may not protect you from sharp pointed objects.
- Small rocks may get stuck inside the perforated soles.
11. Adidas Outdoor
(Best with Comfort and Fitting)
Adidas won’t cease to impress with their couple of amazing products. The brand is quite popular and surely have products that fit into this list. There are a number of amazing things about this shoe.
The product is for those who won’t care about the color of their shoes. It comes in different colors but not as much as you expect. However, it flaunts a great design on the upper, as well as, the soles. All these can keep you glued to the shoes but there are more.
For convenience sake, the materials used to manufacture the shoes are lightweight and durable. The upper is made from a combo of neoprene (super-soft rubber) and fabric mesh.
The neoprene is perforated at the anterior part where the main portion of the feet stays allowing fresh air to your feet. It is covered with the fabric mesh to provide added protection, beauty, and ventilation.
Wearing and removing this shoe isn’t a problem, the shoes are stretchable so that you can put them on in no time. In a more intriguing fashion that you won’t find in most closed-toe shoes on this list, the shoes are fitted with a tongue and elastic lacing. Effortlessly, you can put your feet into the shoes.
The under-soles are perforated to enhance drainage and ventilation.
- It comes with elastic lacing and tongue such that it is easy to put on and off.
- It comes in half sizes.
- Available in different varieties of colors.
- The pair is fitted with sturdy and long pull tabs.
- Comes from a reputable brand, Adidas.
- It offers great ventilation and drainage.
- The perforated soles may not protect your feet from sharp pointed objects, hence, it won’t be ideal for hiking in rocky areas.
- The imprints on the sole may wear out quickly, though depending on the intensity of usage.
12. Crocs Women’s Swiftwater Sandal
(Best for Those Allergic to Rubber)
Products from Crocs are quite popular. They have successfully garnered a number of customers in the footwear market. They are known for their lightweight, non-allergenic build material which is made from Thermoplastic Urethane (TPU).
This product is no exception; it also made from TPU. Shoes made from TPU are generally soft on the feet. They barely form blisters and scratches. At the same time, they fit snugly on your feet.
The shoes are made available in different sizes, though no half sizes are available. They also come in different colors depending on your taste. Interestingly, the pink version is available.
As a sandal-type water shoe, they offer breathability and large cutouts to ensure drainage. The soles are imprinted with treads to ensure you walk safely without slipping.
- It won’t bug you as it is super light.
- It has a soft feel on your feet. It is made of soft materials that won’t make blisters on your feet.
- Available in several colors.
- Extremely water-friendly as it does not absorb water at all.
- Great drainage and breathability.
- Great traction, thanks to the threading on the outsole that channels water away.
- It doesn’t come with laces.
- It is not available in half-sizes.
- You might need to wear socks to prevent sand or dirt from reaching your feet.
13. KEEN Women’s Newport H2 Sandal
(Best for River Activities)
When you thought you had seen it all, then you have the Newport H2 water shoes. This product is probably the crème de la crème of sandal-type water shoes. Starting from its awesome design to its ruggedness, one would definitely overlook its price tag to purchase it.
The shoes are available in many color variants, giving you a large choice to pick from. Polyester, rubber, and TPU are what it takes to build up this elegant pair of shoes.
You will agree with me from first impression that this product gives the best protection as possible. Taking a look at the sole elongation at the front, you are rest assured that your toes totally safe even if you stumble on a piece of rock.
Still, on your safety, the shoes come with thick rubber with nice thread imprints on the outsoles. The thread design is such that it channels water from under the shoe split-second before you shift your weight to that foot.
When it comes to cleaning, simply machine-wash the shoes with a mild detergent and air-dry afterward. Additionally, an anti-microbial and odor-reducing insole is fitted into the shoes.
- It comes with tough toe protection.
- It is available in half sizes.
- The shoes are machine-washable.
- It offers excellent traction.
- It comes with PFC-free and odor-reducing parts.
- It is fitted with pull tabs and laces.
- It comes with insoles that are gentle to the feet.
- Available in several color combos.
- It may not be perfect for wide, fat feet.
- The stitches may snap.
Are you looking for a reliable pair of water shoes? The pair from Clorts is a great product to consider. In terms of reliability, this product comes out top. Despite its slightly heavier weight, it offers great performance in all ramifications.
The entire shoes are made from quick-drying, rugged materials. Unlike your regular shoes with no ventilation, this product offers great ventilation. You shouldn’t worry about your feet getting hot since the shoes come with durable, breathable fabric meshes.
For comfort sake, the product features a distinct interior in its pair. The insoles of the shoes are soft and also offer adequate breathability. The insoles provide you with the best walking experience. Thanks to these insoles, you can still wear them all day long without developing blisters or chafing.
The shoes should probably take up the name – Amphishoes since it can perform excellently both on land and in water. On land, it can keep you running or walking without slipping, thanks to an impeccable treading under each shoe.
In water, it drains out water rapidly due to the perforations on the soles and the completely ventilated upper. The entire shoes are durable and versatile. The shoes also feature lacings and lace locks for easy fitting.
- It comes with a quick-drying and breathable upper.
- It comes with elastic laces to ensure easy wearing and removal.
- Well-cushioned interior.
- It is available in half sizes and many color schemes.
- It features perforated soles to improve drainage.
- It offers great traction in slippery conditions.
- It comes with lace locks to help secure the shoes.
- The shoes are heavier.
(Best Premium Closed-Toe Shoes)
The Merrell Women’s water shoes deserve to be on the list. It flaunts a lot of incredible features that make it a great choice for outdoor activities. Since the shoes are the closed-toe type, they are a great option for walking on coral whilst also shielding you your feet from sharp objects.
Fashion-minded ladies are definitely going to like this product for its various colors. Both narrow and wide footed ladies shouldn’t panic too since it is available in different sizes including half sizes. The shoes are ideal for ladies who are very active.
While you are actively doing your running-around, it features decent toe protection. The Merrell shoes work well in both wet and dry conditions. The majority of the upper is made from fabric mesh to ensure that water drains out of the shoes faster. Ventilation-wise, the fabric mesh permits the entry of cool, fresh air and the exit of hot, malodorous air.
While you walk or run, the traction on the soles provide keeps you from slipping. The interior comes with a soft synthetic antimicrobial footbed that cushions your feet and eliminates the development of odor-producing bacteria.
- Decent toe protection.
- The pair comes with pull tabs, tongues, and laces.
- The shoes are available in several colors and sizes including half-sizes.
- It is well-ventilated.
- Nice traction on wet and dry surfaces.
- Features an anti-microbial foot-bed.
- The shoes are heavy.
- The uppers are not thick enough to protect your feet from the sun.
(Best for Kayaking)
The Senfi water shoes are another exceptional product. The highlight of the shoe is its lightweight which means you can walk around without feeling like you are wearing a shoe. They are appropriate for any sport that requires speed and flexibility. It does well for outdoor functions, as well as, indoor ones.
The upper is constructed from an exceptionally breathable and stretchy material that wraps around your feet securely without an awkward feeling of weight. The outsole is made from flexible and elastic rubber with the hive design that improves the traction and keeps you from slipping especially in wet surfaces.
Impressively, the build materials are also quick to dry when wet, giving a short time to get back to your activities. The elasticity of the material also allows you to put on the shoes or remove them quickly. Even with the inclusion of pull tabs, putting on the shoes is made easier.
The shoes are so flexible that you can twist or fold into your backpack. In terms of design, the shoes are available in several single color and multicolor designs so you can have different options to choose from.
You can rock the shoes for almost all light activities including swimming, jogging, walking, kayaking, gardening, and fishing.
- Available in several single color and multicolor designs.
- It comes in a wide variety of sizes.
- Flexible, elastic and soft.
- Easy to put on or off.
- It comes with pull tabs.
- The build materials are quick-drying and breathable.
- Not the best option for hiking and other sports on rough terrain.
Looking for a stylish water shoe for your outing? See the Mishansha water shoes. Although it is a unisex product, it fits so well on women than men. It is a closed-toe water shoe constructed from spandex fabric and built into a rubber sole.
The spandex material used for the upper is stretchable and lightweight. It is breathable and porous to allow water to drain quickly from the shoes. It is also constructed to allow cross ventilation which ultimately results in comfortability.
On the underside of the sole, several drainage holes are present to ensure the maximum flow of water out of the shoes. The rubber sole is of high quality and also optimized for better traction. The entire shoe is easy to wear and remove, thanks to the flexibility of the build materials and the presence of a pull tab.
Getting the shoes to fit your feet is very easy, all you have to do is make use of the elastic lacing. Adjust the lacing and hold it firm with the included lace holder. It is nice for a large number of activities such as beach sports, swimming, surfing and yoga.
- It comes with a pull tab, tongue, lacing and lace holder.
- Stylish and attractive.
- The upper is made from a fabric mesh and the soles perforated to keep the shoes drained.
- Highly stretchable upper fabric mesh.
- It comes with a flexible outsole.
- The shoes, towards the toe region, is thickened to keep your toes safe even if you stumble.
- The pull tabs may snap or the stitches may loosen under heavy use.
The Clapzovr water shoes is another unique product on my list. It comes in an unusual design that obviously influences its drainage and ventilation. Aside from these, the shoes are versatile such that you can use them for both indoor and outdoor activities. It is a closed-toe water shoe for adventure and leisure.
It is a very good product for active individuals as it is lightweight, making it easy to carry about. Sizes are not an issue as they are also available in half sizes. The shoes are made from PVC. Despite its lack of lacing or straps, it does stretch excellently to make wearing and removal easy.
For all-round comfort during the day, the shoes perform excellently. The insole is cushioned with a soft foot-bed that keep foot-ache at bay. The shoes also come with other desirable characteristics such as traction and quick-drying.
- The shoes are lightweight.
- It comes with a removable foot-bed which is soft enough to keep you comfortable during long walks.
- The shoes are made available in six different colors.
- The shoes are completely breathable from the toes to the heels.
- Although it doesn’t have laces or straps, it is stretchable and can be easily put on or off.
- Ideal for both outdoor and indoor activities.
- The hole design ensures better drainage.
- It comes in half sizes too.
- Not a good option for hiking.
- May not fit big-footed ladies.
19. VIFUUR Water Sports
The Vifuur Water shoes fall in the aqua socks/barefoot category. It poses as the lightest shoes on my list. It is great for a number of activities including yoga, kayaking, sailing, boating, beach walking, swimming, and jogging. All these are possible due to the lightweight of the shoe. It can also excel when used for snorkeling.
Asides its weight, the product is quite affordable. For those looking for a great classy product, you can try out these shoes. It is available in a number of colors in both single color and multicolor forms.
The materials used for its construction are rubber and fabric. However, the rubber used is durable, soft and flexible. The fabric upper, on the other hand, is soft and elastic such that it wraps around your feet sleekly.
The Vifuur product excels by giving the best feel on your feet as you continue in your activities. They are available in various sizes, even in half sizes.
- The shoes are super lightweight.
- The product is affordable.
- It comes in a variety of colorful designs.
- It can be used for a number of activities including sailing, boating, beach walking, swimming, and jogging.
- It is available in half sizes.
- Flexible and elastic.
- It comes with the pull tab.
- Not the best option for hiking.
- It doesn’t offer as much toe protection.
Choosing the Right Women Water Shoes
Water shoes are becoming popular day in and day out. They are gradually becoming more stylish and attractive. Unlike regular shoes, they come with various features such as water drainage, ventilation, thermal protection, improved traction, and soft foot-beds. This implies that you get comfort and protection whenever you wear the shoes.
Buying a pair of water shoes can be difficult due to the complexity of the market. Many brands are keying into the market by churning out captivating products in their various types, shapes, colors, and designs. Consequently, you are faced with the challenge of picking from a large number of water shoes.
To you from this stress, I have researched the market, analyzed it and understood every part in a bid to giving you clues on how to get the best water shoes for yourself. Isn’t it nice to have a guide that can help you make the right decision when it comes to purchasing?
Of course, the price of the product is very important. You still need a buying guide to put you through the most dubious decision, especially in the market of water shoes.
Below are important things to look out for if you really want to select the best water shoes for women.
1. Type and Material
Water shoes are somehow different from regular shoes. Yes! They are not just made from any material but from those that can withstand stress and heavy use. They are one step ahead of regular shoes when it comes to durability.
Water shoes can be made from materials such as cotton, rubber, leather, neoprene, lycra, silk, polyester and more. Their build materials often influence the quality and application. Water shoes made from silk are often more delicate than those from polyester, hence, they are good for light activities such as beach walking.
Some water shoes, such as the Crocs products on this list, are equipped with foam-based soles, making them lighter. However, rubber soles are more durable and rugged. Unfortunately, shoes with rubber uppers may not be good for you if you are allergic to rubber.
When buying your water shoes, you should also determine what you intend using it for as it matters a lot when it comes to types. For light activities such as beach walking, you may opt-in aqua socks/barefoot type made from foam, silk or leather materials. For heavy activities such as hiking, you may go for the closed-toe type with thicker soles and greater toe protection.
It is also important to know that the build material of a shoe determines its comfortability. Shoes with less stretchy material and no softer insole will give firmness but discomfort.
2. Size and Comfort
Regardless of how beautiful a pair of water shoes can be, it is useless if it doesn’t fit you. Why go for an oversized or small shoe? A firm shoe implies a better grip on your feet, more stability while walking and better toe protection.
In what sounds like a blessing in disguise, the availability of different brands made possible the availability of different sizes of water shoes. In a nutshell, you will definitely find your size but may not be quite appealing to you. Irrespective of the feet’s size, you will find something for your big, small, narrow or wide feet.
Why should you buy a pair of shoes that won’t fit well on your kid? The size, fitting and comfort go hand-in-hand. Thanks to the diverse brands, build materials and sizes, you can pick shoes for your baby even if his or her foot is wide, flat, narrow or big.
For maximum comfort, ensure you stay off tight shoes. They can lead to the development of chafing and blisters which can affect your beautiful feet. You should try on a shoe before finalizing the purchase. A loose shoe translates to poor grip and stability.
Further, the environment also matters a lot. Shoes with great breathability will be the best option in hot climates. On the other hand, a colder environment will need shoes with much thickness to conserve heat.
3. Design, Support, and Appearance
The design is the first feature that will attract you to a shoe. Ladies are more fashion-minded and would love something stylish and matching. Most shoes come in different colors, even many colors that you may have issues with decision-making. However, you should pick quality over aesthetics.
Rubber soles offer more traction. The traction provided helps to support your movement. The outsoles are equipped with imprints (threads) that keep the shoes steadfast. The latest water shoes have threads that channel water away on wet surfaces and secure your grip on the ground.
Common Water Shoe Types Available in the Market
Water shoes come in different sizes, features, and shapes. These three factors influence the level of comfort, walking experience and protection you will get from your water shoes.
1. Sandal Water Shoes
You must be wondering why sandals are also called water shoes. This should tell you that it is not about being water-proof but the ability to withstand heavy usage events in harsh conditions.
This type of water shoes is just like regular sandals. They are not closed all round. You will find the familiar cutouts, straps and other openings. They are also known for their thick soles.
2. Closed Toe Water Shoes
They are just like regular loafers however they are more durable and rigged. They do not come with any form of opening and so all your foot is packed into a soft, cushioned container. They offer the biggest form of protection, covering almost every part of your feet.
They often come with softer insoles, laces, collars and pull tabs that ensure all-round comfort. However, since they do not come with cutouts, they offer less breathability than sandals. At the same, they drain or dry slower than the sandal types
3. Aqua socks/Barefoot
This type of water shoes is often the lightest you can get in the market. They are often made of flexible, elastic materials that hug the feet firmly.
The sole and the upper are tightly knitted together such that they offer better hydrodynamics and better walking experience like you are wearing socks. They are ideal for light sporting activities such as beach walking, surfing, sailing, boating, and kayaking.
See Also: Water Socks for Swimming
7 Simple Tips on How to Maintain Water Shoes
Having a seriously soiled pair of water shoes would definitely lower your self-esteem. Likewise, a soggy pair of shoes will emit a foul smell. Proper maintenance comes with a number of benefits. Generally, it prolongs the useful life of your shoes.
However, there are more benefits associated with proper maintenance. Lack of proper maintenance will definitely impact the aesthetics of the shoes. Additionally, some shoes tend to develop foul smell if they are not well-dried. Below are some tips to keep your shoes fresh and work-ready.
- Soak the shoes in warm water and mild detergent. You should consider the build material of the shoes before doing this. Do not try with leather shoes as they may spoil faster this way.
- You can wash with a washing machine if indicated by the manufacturer.
- You can scrub the shoes with a soft form and mild detergent in case of delicate materials.
- Air-dry properly before storage to prevent the development of smell.
- When storing, you can apply odor-killing powder into your shoes.
- You may also apply deodorants or scented chemicals into the shoes so they can smell nice.
- Ensure you store in a cool dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In case you came here to find answers to your questions or skipped some cogent points in the article. To help you clear your mind, I’ve compiled some frequently asked questions al in this section to help out.
Are Water Shoes Really Waterproof?
No. Do not be deceived by the name. You should expect your water shoes to be waterproof. Of course, they are called water shoes. They can only withstand continuous use in water without getting damaged. They can go into water and muddy areas without getting soaked and soggy. In fact, they can also be worn in the rain.
Can Water Shoes Be Worn for Hiking?
Water shoes are uniquely different from regular shoes. They are almost as versatile as possible. Interestingly, some shoes are worn almost anywhere even casually.
Water shoes are designed to tolerate the unfavorable situations that regular shoes cannot bear. They are made stronger and durable. They come with the maximum protection you need including slip-resistance, toe protection, and thick uppers to protect you from cuts and other injuries.
Can Water Shoes Be Cleaned in the Washing Machine?
Of course, Yes. Water shoes are very rugged and durable. They can withstand the most intense conditions without falling apart. However, it will be nice to know from the manufacturer if the shoes are machine-washable.
The materials used in producing water shoes vary from one manufacturer to another, hence, the need for this. Often times, this is indicated on the packaging or label.
Some delicate build materials such as silk and leather may spoil faster while those made from polyester and cotton may do just fine in the washing machine.
How Well Should Water Shoes Fit?
If your water shoes don’t fit, then they are useless. The idea behind the production of water shoes is to keep your feet protected. These shoes are made to give you the best satisfaction in terms of protection and comfort than the regular shoes will do.
Shoes that are too tight and don’t have an interior cushion or lining may cause blisters or chafe, except you will be wearing a pair of thick socks. Also, water shoes that are too loose may fall off at any time, making you annoyed and vulnerable.
Do You Really Need Water Shoes?
Yes. The inventor of shoes, whoever it is, designed them for the feet. FO course, hoes have come in various materials, designs, and categories. However, the most important reason why you need a pair of shoes is to protect your feet. Water shoes are way improved to offer you enhanced comfort and protection while you wear them all day long.
Are Water Shoes Slip-Resistant?
Yes. This is one of the reasons why you should buy water shoes. Water shoes can be said to be a safety gear, hence, they are for safety-minded persons.
The soles of this type of shoes are exceptional. They come with fantastic threads that don’t wear out easily. They dissipate water from under the shoes and keep the shoes stable while walking.
In a nutshell, water shoes are can provide the traction you need to keep you from slipping.
Are Water Shoes Good for Swimming?
Yes! Although they are not waterproof, they can be used for swimming. These shoes are often hydrophobic and made from lightweight materials. They do not weigh you down nor do they absorb water and become heavier. However, the best water shoes for swimming will be those with better draining capacity.
Can You Wear Socks in Water Shoes?
Of course, Yes. Wearing socks will be your own decision. It will help improve comfortability and also keep your feet safe. However, some water shoes are fitted with footbeds that are softer than socks and can keep your feet comfortable.
Swim Network Overview
The market is filled with diverse water shoes in their types and design thus becoming a headache to buyers, especially first-timers. It is important to know that the best water shoes for beach activities may not be the best for hiking. Similarly, the best water shoes for swimming may not feel comfy enough for summer.
Water shoes vary in size, drainage, ventilation, traction, comfort, and level of protection. When looking for water shoes, it is important to understand what things to consider. Consequently, I have made up a comprehensive and straight-forward buying guide.
From the list of the best water shoes for women which I compiled for you, the Zhuanglin shoes sit at the position of the best overall.
Have you used any of these water shoes listed in the article? Kindly share your experience with other readers in the comments section. Similarly, you can help educate your friends about water shoes by sharing this article with them on Twitter and Facebook.