Do you know Michael Phelps won’t have won the global award if he hadn’t chosen the best swimming goggles? Swimming goggles are one of the must-haves in swimming, including non-competitive events.
Swimming goggles help you to see clearly and move safely underwater. No red eyes, no itchy eyes! It’s all comfort that you get. However, there are hundreds of swimming goggles to choose from.
Due to the variation in size, shape, and other vital attributes, finding the best swimming goggles for yourself can be stressful. The need to find the best fit cannot be overemphasized.
With so many great goggles available, which one is best for you? To help you make the right decision, I’ve compiled a list of the 22 best swimming goggles you can consider and a buying guide.
More Swim Gear Reviews:
Table of Contents
- My Top Picks
- Comparison Chart
- The 22 Best Swimming Goggles Reviews
- 1. MP Michael Phelps XCEED
- 2. Swedish
- 3. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0
- 4. Speedo Skoogles Kids
- 5. Speedo Women’s Vanquisher 2.0
- 6. Speedo Hydrospex Classic
- 7. Speedo Speed Socket
- 8. Speedo FastSkin3 Elite
- 9. Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2
- 10. Aqua Sphere Seal 2.0 Adult
- 11. Aqua Sphere Kayenne
- 12. EverSport
- 13. Aqua Sphere Kayenne Junior
- 14. Aegend
- 15. AqtivAqua Wide View
- 16. U-Fit
- 17. TYR Socket Rocket
- 18. COOLOO Triathlon
- 19. Zionor
- 20. OutdoorMaster Mask
- 21. Aqua Sphere Vista Mask
- 22. Speedo Sprint
- Choosing the Right Swimming Goggles
- Types of Swimming Goggles
- 5 Benefits of Swimming Goggles
- Maintaining Your Swim Goggles
- How to Remove Scratches from Swim Goggles?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Swim Network Overview
My Top Picks
If you seriously care about safety-first, having swimming goggles will be the first way to prove that. Of course, swimming goggles are popular and the market has many of them in stock. For a quick browse on the market, below are some of the best swimming goggles to have.
- Best Overall: MP Michael Phelps XCEED
“FINA-approved, hydrodynamic, nice aesthetics, has a wide viewing area.”
- Best Budget: Aegend
“Silicone frame, scratch-resistant, tough lenses, comes with a hard carry case.”
- Best with Anti-glare: Speedo Vanquisher 2.0
“Non-latex, non-PVC, anti-fog, anti-glare, has a double-strap design for great fitting.”
- Best for Toddlers: Speedo Skoogles Kids
“Center-eye orbital fit, comfortable, can be worn by many faces.”
- Best for Kids: Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2
“Easy-to-adjust strap, comfy, skin-friendly, the strap doesn’t tangle the hair.”
- Best for Beginners: Aqua Sphere Seal 2.0 Adult
“Comfy, anti-scratch, anti-fog, offers a wide viewing angle.”
- Best for Wide Face: Aqua Sphere Kayenne
“”Clear lens color, Plexisol lenses, good straps, low-profile design, hydrodynamic, quick-fit buckle, stabilizing nose bridge.”
- Best for Juniors: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Junior
“100 percent UV protection, low-profile design, easy to wear, clear and broad vision.”
- Best for Snorkeling: TYR Socket Rocket
“Anti-glare, anti-fog, low-profile design, has comfortable silicone seals.”
- Best for Triathlon: COOLOO
“UV-ray protection, glare-resistant, comes with nose clips and earplugs.”
Trying to save time? You can see a quick glance at the basic features of each product on my list. Below is a comparison table to facilitate a quick preview of each product.
However, I recommend that you still read the detailed reviews of all the products for better accuracy in choice-making. Simply read the next section for more information about each product.
The 22 Best Swimming Goggles Reviews
Although a quick review has been done in the previous section, you still need to know more about them. In this section, you will find the detailed, unbiased reviews of the top 22 swimming goggles in 2022.
You get to know their features, including their pros and cons. Of course, the swim goggles weren’t selected randomly but thoroughly researched before compilation.
I’ve reduced the worry in decision-making for you as you now have all the needed information in one place. You should find this section, as well as other sections, useful. Just read carefully and digest.
1. MP Michael Phelps XCEED
(Best Overall – Editor’s Choice)
Are you looking for a low-profile goggle with excellent hydrodynamics? You should consider the MP Michael Phelps XCEED Goggles.
Starting from the frame – it is made of a semi-rigid material that can easily adjust to the face’s shape. This reduces the possibility of leaks. The entire goggle is built to stay streamlined with the wearer’s face.
Ensuring a watertight vacuum is the function of the extra soft Softeril seal that hugs the face passionately. It stays so well with its silicone strap with its tension kept constant by its easy-to-adjust, streamlined buckle.
The MP Michael Phelps XCEED Goggles has polycarbonate lenses built in a curved manner to ensure minimal dead zones. It is fitted with durable lenses that have anti-fog and UV-shield layers. It also comes with a storage case.
- Glossy titanium mirror-coated lenses.
- Low-profile frame and buckle.
- Interchangeable nose piece.
- Polycarbonate lenses.
- Nice aesthetics.
- The goggle offers some bit of customization.
- It is equipped with curved lenses for a wider viewing area.
- No warranty.
|Brand||MP Michael Phelps|
|Lens size||Curved and Wide|
(Best for Sunny Days)
The silvery Swedish Swimming Goggles is a popular product from the Malmsten brand. It has a great appeal to the eyes. Little wonder it is dubbed as the “most copied” swim goggle.
On getting the pack, you have a disassembled swimming goggle. Do not panic as it is easy to assemble. It comes with a rubber strap that holds it firm while you swim comfortably.
The Swedish Goggles is safe to use and approved by the International Swimming Federation, FINA. Impressively, it features an anti-fog coating to keep your vision sharp. It comes with UV protection for safety.
- Rubber strap.
- Flexible nose bridge.
- Mirrored lenses.
- Compatible with different head sizes.
- It comes with UV protection.
- The nose bridge is flexible.
- One can quickly put it in one piece in no time.
- Ideal swim goggles for sunny days, especially for open water swimming.
- The anti-fog layer peels off easily.
- Not for poorly lit conditions.
|Suitable for||Well-lit pools; Unisex|
3. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0
(Best with Anti-glare)
The Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 is an alluring product that you will want to purchase on sight. However, aside from its impressive design, it offers the quality you desire in any swim goggles.
The lenses are of great quality, and they are mirrored to reduce the quantity of light entering your eyes. With its UV protection, it offers premium protection for your eyes. Your visibility remains consistent with the anti-fog feature.
Since fitting is important, it stays tight with the aid of its cushioned silicone seals, providing the needed watertight space. The straps are doubled to ensure firmness when swimming. It comes with extra nose bridges that you can interchange with.
In terms of vision, the Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 provides a clear and wide view of the water. It is free of latex and PVC. Also, there are many color options available.
- Non-latex and non-PVC materials.
- Interchangeable nose bridge.
- Double straps.
- Anti-fog coating on lenses.
- Made from non-allergenic materials.
- Comes with double straps to enhance stability.
- Anti-glare/mirrored lenses.
- UV protection.
- May break at the nose piece.
|Suitable for||Outdoor swimming; Males; Professional competitions|
4. Speedo Skoogles Kids
(Best for Toddlers)
If you are looking for the best swim goggles for your kids, you should consider this Speedo Skoogles. It is suitable for kids from age three to eight.
Besides its nice aesthetics, it is available in seven colors, so your child has more options to pick from. It is decent for training and competitive purposes. The anti-fog lenses offer UV protection, and it is free of allergens.
The Speedo Skoogles has a sturdy frame fitted with a soft silicone seal to keep water from entering. The goggle is suitable for small, wide, or narrow faces, thanks to its center eye orbital fit.
Furthermore, it has a split strap, which is not too tight on the head, to keep the goggles firm. This strap features Speed-Fit Clips to tighten or loosen it. You only need to depend on the clip to adjust the goggles.
- Speed-Fit Clips.
- Excellent aesthetics; multiple color options.
- Soft silicone seal.
- Ideal for training kids.
- Allows your kids to tighten or loosen the goggles with ease.
- The seal and frame give a soft and comfortable feel on your child’s face.
- High compatibility.
- It offers UV protection to your young champion.
- The strap may become faulty after intensive use.
|Suitable for||Indoor, low-light conditions; Kids|
5. Speedo Women’s Vanquisher 2.0
(Best for Ladies)
This Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 is specially designed swimming goggles for women. It is an anti-glare, mirrored swim goggle which is available in seven different color designs. It has a sleek and sparkling design.
With a comfort-oriented design, it is kept watertight by its soft silicone gasket and the double straps, which are easy to adjust. They fit reasonably on the eye orbitals; therefore, it can be used by many face sizes.
The nose bridge is interchangeable to facilitate comfort and long-term use. The Speedo Women’s Vanquisher 2.0 provides you a panoramic view underwater, allowing you to see your track guides and your rivals.
The shatter-resistant lenses are made with quality polycarbonate. Also, they are anti-glare, coated with an anti-fog layer, and treated to shield off UV rays. Overall, it is a nice goggle to use outdoors and for racing.
- Soft silicone gasket.
- Shatter-resistant, polycarbonate lenses.
- Wide lenses provide a panoramic view.
- Replaceable nose bridge.
- It has a low-profile outlook.
- It fits reasonably well on the eye orbitals.
- It can accommodate many face sizes.
- The lenses are durable and shatter-resistant.
- Double straps allow better grip on the face.
- The nose piece may snap easily under intensive use.
|Suitable for||Females; Outdoor activities; Competitive purposes|
6. Speedo Hydrospex Classic
(Best for Fitness Exercises)
Swimming can be for fitness exercise or fun. It requires the best swimming goggles, such as the Speedo Hydrospex Swimming Goggles. This incredible option is best suited for fun and recreational swimming.
Regardless of how long you want to stay in the pool, the goggles are designed to give you maximum comfort. The single-piece frame is made from hypoallergenic material, PVC, and held to the head by a Speed-Fit strap.
The spilt silicone strap holds the goggle comfortably on your face while you have fun. The seals are reliable to keep you going underwater. Its outer-eye fit feature provides a panoramic view while swimming.
The Lexan lenses of the Speedo Hydrospex are durable, shatter-proof, and scratch-resistant. The lenses, coated with an anti-fog layer, are clear, and colors are not distorted, offering you a clear view underwater.
- Split-strap and speed-fit clip.
- Outer-eye fit.
- Requires no assembling; it comes in one piece.
- Designed for adults.
- Wider view angle, courtesy of its outer-eye fit feature.
- The split strap, which can hold firmly, can be loosened or tighten quickly with its speed-fit feature.
- High-quality and shatter-proof lenses.
- The silicone strap wears out easily.
- It can only sit well on a small range of faces.
|Suitable for||Recreation; Fitness|
7. Speedo Speed Socket
(Best for Swift Swimming)
Speedo makes great goggles, and this Speedo Speed Goggles is one of them. These low-profile and top-notch goggles are designed for professional swimmers. It provides professionals a fine peripheral vision hence maximum visibility.
The goggles are ideal for reaching top speed with their sleek, low-profile design that causes less drag. It offers enormous hydrodynamics expected from speed goggles. The frame is sturdy and can withstand diving and high swimming speeds.
With the interchangeable nosepiece, you can adjust the goggles to fit your nose. Also, the goggles are an inner eye fit type. The hypo-allergenic seals reduce the likelihood of raccoon eyes. The lenses (polycarbonate) are mirrored, anti-glare, and anti-fog.
The Speedo Speed Socket has a silicone strap, doubled to provide stability. Unlike rubber straps, they are durable and last longer even after prolonged use in chlorinated water.
- Low profile.
- Silicon straps.
- Interchangeable nose bridge.
- One can customize the goggle to sit on your face comfortably.
- The lenses are shatter-resistant.
- The straps are made of long-lasting silicone material instead of rubber.
- Split strap design.
- Low profile contributes to the swimmer’s speed.
- Despite its custom nose piece, it may not fit on most faces.
8. Speedo FastSkin3 Elite
(Best for Outdoor Pools)
Swim your way to victory with the innovative, sleek Speedo FastSkin3 Elite goggles. It has received positive reviews from many consumers. The low-profile goggles are FINA-approved for professional swimmers.
The FastSkin3 Elite is available in four color schemes and with excellent design. It is slim such that it reduces the bulk under the cap, thus improving speed. With its hydrodynamic design, one can move swiftly with less drag.
The impressive view the swimming goggles offer is courtesy of its hygroscopic lens. The lenses are anti-shatter, mirrored, and anti-fog. It also shields your eyes from UV rays and sunburn.
Through its patented 3-D goggle seal, it offers enhanced gasket leak resistance and doesn’t dig into your face. The Speedo FastSkin3 Elite is not just held by ordinary straps, but with the innovative IQ Fit strap.
- Approved by FINA.
- 3-D goggle seal and IQ Fit strap.
- Hydrodynamic design.
- Can still be used indoors.
- The nose bridges can be adjusted to suit your face (and nose).
- The straps are made of silicone.
- The product is approved by FINA.
- Ideal for professional competitions.
- No warranty and color options.
|Suitable for||Unisex; Professionals|
9. Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2
(Best for Kids)
The Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swimming Goggles is one of the best swimming goggles for kids available. It is rugged and perfect for training your kids, especially indoors. It performs nicely when used for competitions.
Asides from the clear vision offered by the anti-fog coated Plexisol lenses, they are anti-scratch, tolerating any harsh handling from your upcoming superstar. The lenses also provide 100 percent UV protection for your kid’s eyes.
Using the Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swimming Goggles translates to enjoying a wide viewing angle of up to 180 degrees. This way, your kids can keep track of their rivals, as well as their track guides.
Wearing the goggles is straight-forward. The silicone straps, which are durable and comfy, can be easily buckled to your child’s head quickly. The Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 is free of latex, so you shouldn’t worry about any reactions.
- Curved, Plexisol lens.
- 180-degree vision.
- Rugged frame and silicone straps.
- The lenses are anti-fog and anti-scratch.
- Curved lenses offer a vast viewing angle.
- The strap is easy to adjust.
- Suitable for kids, particularly in indoor pools.
- The strap hook may snap under heavy usage.
- May fall off kids with small faces.
|Lens size||Wide and Curved|
|Lens type||Clear and Colored|
|Suitable for||Kids; Indoor Swimming|
10. Aqua Sphere Seal 2.0 Adult
(Best for Beginners)
The Aqua Sphere Seal 2.0 remains a great choice for adults looking to workout. Also, it is one of the best swimming goggles for beginners. It sits on the outer eye, on the cheekbone, and lower forehead.
With this sitting position and its cushion silicone gasket, there is less possibility of developing raccoon eyes. One noticeable feature of the product is its patented optics improvement technology – a curved lens.
The curved lenses, together with the low-profile frame, imply high hydrodynamics. You can enjoy a 180-degrees viewing perspective with the Aqua Sphere Seal 2.0 Adult Swim Goggle. The lenses are treated to shield your eyes from UV rays.
The Aqua Sphere Seal 2.0 features a simple, streamlined buckle system – E-Z adjust. All you have to do is pull back the straps to a comfortable tension to tighten the goggles. To remove, simply open the buckle and expand the straps.
- Smoke or clear lens options.
- Low-profile frame.
- Curved lens.
- Easy to wear.
- Available in two lens types – smoked and clear lenses.
- It offers a wide viewing perspective with its patented curved lenses.
- It seats firmly and conveniently.
- Anti-scratch, anti-fog lenses.
- It is not custom-fit; hence, it may not sit well on some faces.
|Lens size||Wide and Curved|
|Lens type||Clear and Smoked|
|Suitable for||Adults; training|
11. Aqua Sphere Kayenne
(Best for Wide Faces)
Looking for a durable swimming goggle to enhance your swimming experience? The Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles offer excellent performance and vision. It flaunts a wide frame with a raised nose bridge that is suitable for wide faces and big noses.
Like most Aqua goggles on the list, it features the patented curved lens tech and allows you to have a 180-degree wide field of view. It also trims off the extra drag, unlike non-curved lenses, to provide hydrodynamics.
The durability provided by the clear, Plexisol lenses is impeccable. The lenses supply you with natural light and undistorted colors, making it a great choice for indoor or dark pools.
Worried about blurred vision when swimming? The Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles have anti-fog lenses to ensure constant, clear vision. Sunburn is a major problem underwater caused by UV rays. Thankfully, the lenses offer exceptional protection from these harmful rays.
- Plexisol lenses.
- Nice aesthetics; 11 color schemes.
- Clear lenses.
- Available in 11 distinct, classy color schemes.
- 180-degree panoramic view underwater.
- Shields the eyes from 100 percent UVA and UVB rays.
- Features a simple buckle and a storage case.
- Its Silicone strap offers durability and comfort.
- May leaks on small and rounded faces.
- No interchangeable nose bridges.
|Lens size||Wide and Curved|
|Suitable for||Wide face; Big noses; Adults; Indoors; Training|
(Best for Indoor Pools)
Looking for high-grade indoor swimming goggles? The EverSport Swim Goggles is one product to consider. It comes along with interchangeable nose pieces and earplugs.
The frame is made with thermoplastic rubber and cushioned at the interior with a soft silicone seal. This low-profile frame bears the curved lens to guarantee a panoramic view in water.
The goggles are equipped with a double silicone strap to ensure a perfect, comfy fit on your face. The strap features a one-click open buckle.
The lenses are impact-resistant polycarbonate lenses treated with anti-fog coating. They can protect your eyes from UV rays. The EverSport is sold in 13 colors with a one-year warranty.
- Available in 13 color options.
- One-click open buckle.
- Two size nose bridges.
- Double layer silicone cushion.
- Impressive look; multiple color options.
- Affordable and one-year warranty.
- Interchangeable nose bridges and earplugs.
- Quick-release head strap.
- No carry case or bag.
|Lens type||Clear and colored|
|Suitable for||Indoor pools|
13. Aqua Sphere Kayenne Junior
(Best for Juniors)
Here is an Aqua Swimming goggle for children between the age range of 6 and 15. The Aqua Kayenne Junior Swim Goggles flaunt patented 3-radii curved lenses. The feature opens the possibility of enjoying more viewing area.
The lenses are anti-fog and treated to UV protection. They are also scratch-resistant, thus, tolerating rough conditions and handling. The lenses are bluish and provide some amount of glare protection.
The frame is low-profiled, equating to low water resistance. The design of the Aqua Kayenne Junior Swim Goggles is sleek and hydrodynamic. The seals are efficient and cushions entirely, while the silicone split straps provide a nice grip.
- 3-radii curved lenses
- Low-profile frame.
- Colored lenses.
- It’s suitable for individuals from age 6 to 15.
- 100% protection from UV rays.
- Low profile implies seamless locomotion in water.
- Easy to put on or take off.
- With its 3-radii curved lenses, it provides a clear and broad view of the water.
- The straps may snap under intensive use.
|Lens size||Wide and Curved|
The Aegend Swimming Goggle is a budget-friendly option for a triathlon. Its aesthetics is enough to capture your approval. It is a clear goggle with comfy, efficient gaskets that rests nicely on the face.
Its colored lenses are treated to eliminate the possibility of UV rays reaching your eyes. They are also coated with anti-fog materials to optimize your view underwater. The lenses are held together by a raised nosepiece to prevent discomfort.
The efficiency of the silicone seals is also enhanced by its easy-to-buckle strap. Despite the attractive price tag, the Aegend Clear Swimming Goggles come with a 12-month warranty and storage case. Also, it is available in multiple colors.
- 12-month warranty.
- Storage case.
- Multiple color choices.
- Can tolerate harsh swimming conditions.
- Available in different colors.
- Enhanced comfort – silicone frame.
- Features a storage case.
- Comes with a 12-month guarantee.
- The goggle is not lightweight.
|Lens size||Wide and Curved|
|Suitable for||Triathlon; Rough water conditions|
15. AqtivAqua Wide View
(Best with Wide View)
The AqtivAqua brand is a great swimming brand that prioritizes functionality and quality. The AqtivAqua Wide View Swim Goggles is a lightweight, durable choice. These goggles offer better vision with their rigid polycarbonate lenses, even in open water for snorkeling.
You May Like: Top 17 Best Snorkel Masks
Its wide lenses let you see a large area of the water. With the goggles, you get a clear, undistorted view. Your eyes are safe with its UV-protective layer. The double silicone seal efficiently achieves the right suction without discomfort.
It comes with an anti-slip design that lets it embrace your face firmly and comfortably without putting any pressure. Even when diving or at high speeds, it still stays securely on you.
Also, the straps are easy to unbound with a one-click strap adjustment system. With a click, it comes off easily. The AqtivAqua Wide View Swim Goggles comes with a storage case and a warranty of 12 months.
- Anti-slip design.
- One-click strap adjustment system.
- 12-month warranty and a storage case.
- Weighs 0.32 ounces.
- It is available in three distinct colors.
- Its lenses offer 180 degrees wide viewing angle.
- Suitable for males and females.
- The lenses are made of strong polycarbonate.
- 12-month warranty and a storage case.
- May not fit on some faces.
- The straps may break under intensive use.
|Lens size||Wide and Curved|
|Lens type||Clear and Colored|
|Suitable for||Adult; Indoor swimming|
(Best Water Sealing)
The U-Fit Swimming Goggles is a decent option with excellent value for money. The frame, strap, and gasket are made of silicone. Consequently, the goggles fit wraps around the face in a comfortable manner.
The strap has a simple quick-release system that doesn’t tangle with your hair. It has a sealing system with a double-gasket system. The system comes with two gaskets, a thin and thick one, to maximize comfort and suction.
The lenses are made with polycarbonate, and they are anti-fog and anti-UV treated. In addition to a crystal-clear vision, they are also curved to allow a wide view.
For more value, the U-Fit Swimming Goggles comes with earplugs and a nose clip. Excitingly, they offer a 100 percent money-back guarantee. Therefore, you get a refund or replacement if anything goes wrong.
- Earplugs and a nose clip included.
- Double-seal system.
- Quick-release system.
- 100-percent anti-fog and UV-protective lenses.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Efficient double-seal system.
- Easy to wear and put off.
- It comes with earplugs and a nose clip.
- It doesn’t come with adjustable nose bridges, hence, it may not fit well on some faces.
|Lens size||Wide and Curved|
|Suitable for||Indoor swimming|
17. TYR Socket Rocket
(Best for Snorkeling)
Are you looking for friendly training or recreational goggles? Try the budget-friendly TYR Socket Rocket. The design is comfortable and straightforward. The goggle performs exceptionally in poorly-lit conditions.
It has a low-profile design that minimizes drag. The frame is made of soft, silicone material, which has a gentle feel on the skin. The flexible gasket further seals it from water and still provides more comfort.
The lenses are anti-glare, anti-fog, and treated with a UV-protective layer. Besides, the TYR Socket Rocket is easy to adjust and position on the head.
See Also: Top 15 Best Swimming Snorkels
- Flexible gasket.
- Simple design.
- Low profile.
- Provides a clear vision in poorly lit conditions.
- It can be used for snorkeling.
- They come in different colors.
- The silicone seals are comfortable on the face.
- The straps may deteriorate faster.
|Lens size||Narrow (small)|
|Suitable for||Recreation; Training|
18. COOLOO Triathlon
(Best for Triathlon)
Are you looking for a nice swimming goggle for laps? Try out the Cooloo triathlon goggles. It is less expensive and offers more than you expect. It is a mirrored goggle with all the best safety you need.
The lenses, which are made of polycarbonate, are curved to facilitate a greater viewing area and an undistorted vision. They are shatter-proof and anti-scratch; hence, they can survive different swimming conditions. Also, they are fitted with UV-shield and anti-fog layers.
The Cooloo triathlon goggle is easy to put on or off with its silicone strap, which doesn’t tangle with your hair. The buckles are positioned at the back to allow more hydrodynamics and minimal drag.
Speaking of its watertight efficiency, the goggle is fortified with a nice silicone gasket. You also get nose clips and earplugs when you purchase the goggles. It comes with a 12-month warranty.
- Nose clips and a pair of attached ear-plugs included.
- High-grade Silicone frame.
- 12-month warranty.
- UV-ray protection and glare-resistant lenses.
- High-grade silicone frame.
- Streamlined design and comfortable to use.
- Fog-resistant interior coating on lenses.
- Comes nose clips and a pair of attached ear-plugs.
- The nose bridge may not accommodate big noses.
|Lens size||Curved and Wide|
|Lens type||Colored and Polarized|
|Suitable for||Triathlon; Competitions|
(Best With Reliable Strap)
The Zionor Polarized Swimming goggle is a nice product in terms of functionality and quality. The goggle is fitted with polarized, polycarbonate lenses. Furthermore, the lenses are coated with anti-fog and anti-UV layers.
The frame itself is quite impressive. It is sturdy and comfortable to put on. Coupled with its unique anti-slip silicone strap, it fits so well on your face with an effective sealing system.
The straps are tangle-free, i.e., it won’t tangle with your hair. With a push-button, you can tighten and loosen the double straps easily.
Made from silicone, the seals are designed to ensure optimum comfort and watertight efficiency. The Zionor Polarized Swimming goggle also comes with a nose mask.
- Simple buckle system.
- Double straps.
- Nose mask included,
- The strap is tangle-free.
- It comes with double straps.
- It comes with an easy-to-operate buckle.
- The lenses are anti-fog and anti-UV.
- One may experience a little bit of distortion under water.
20. OutdoorMaster Mask
(Best with Nose Cover)
Another worthy mention is the OutdoorMaster Swimming Mask Goggles. It is one of the best with a nose cover, which allows you to swim outdoors, especially in the seas.
The frame is big with large lenses such that it offers you a clear wide view. The frame is significant, and it is designed to sit on the outer eye.
The gaskets are moderate and soft, creating a comfortable feeling while you swim. The soft gaskets of the OutdoorMaster Swimming Mask Goggles are known for not leaving marks on your face.
The lenses are treated with UV-protective layers, as well as quality anti-fog coatings too. They are anti-scratch and shatter-proof, ideal for rough water. The goggle is also equipped with a storage case.
- Big frame and lenses.
- Storage case included.
- The lenses are big and wide, offering a wide viewing perspective.
- The gaskets are moderate and soft.
- The lenses are anti-scratch and shatter-proof.
- It comes with a case.
- The goggle doesn’t fit most faces; hence, it may leak.
|Suitable for||Outdoor functions|
21. Aqua Sphere Vista Mask
(Best with Great Hydrodynamics)
Just like other Aqua brand products, the Aqua Sphere Vista Swimming Mask Goggles doesn’t fall short of expectation. Coming with clear lenses, it is designed for indoor swimming and can even be used for competitive swimming.
The lenses are made from polycarbonate and laced with anti-fog and UV-protective layers on the interior. They are designed for wide viewing angles as it comes with tri-radii curved shape lenses.
The Aqua Sphere Vista Swimming Mask Goggles’ frame, made from polycarbonate, is optimized for better hydrodynamics. The frame is a low profile one and it wraps around the face perfectly.
With the silicone gasket, the rigid frame stays securely and without inflicting pain on your facial bones. Buckling and unbuckling the goggle is uncomplicated with its simple buckle. You can adjust its tightness without taking it off.
- Quick buckling system.
- Polycarbonate construction.
- One can quickly buckle or unbuckle the goggle with a minimum of fuss.
- It is not latex-based and doesn’t contain latex parts.
- The frames are made from the polycarbonate.
- Anti-fog and UV-protective layer.
- 180-degree view angle.
- It requires adequate care else the lenses will deteriorate very rapidly.
|Lens size||Curved and Wide|
|Suitable for||Indoor; training|
22. Speedo Sprint
Beginners looking to kick start their professional career should consider the Speedo Sprint Swim Goggles. It comes pre-assembled, offering a higher level of comfort and suction (sealing) to prevent flooding.
The goggles have a middle eye fit; hence, it sits just on the eye socket. You do not have to worry about comfort. Unlike many swimming goggles, the gasket (sealing) used here is foam, a softer material than silicone.
For convenience, the Speedo Sprint Swim Goggles come with an adjustable nose bridge. You only need to pull it hard while keeping your fingers across it. The goggles have polycarbonate, shatter-proof lenses and easy-to-adjust silicone straps.
It is available in two lens types – smoke and clear. The former is best for sunny days and the latter for indoor swimming (or low-light conditions). The entire goggles are lightweight, weighing just 1.6 ounces.
- Middle eye fit.
- Adjustable nose bridge.
- Smoke or clear lens type.
- The nose bridge is adjustable.
- Shatter-proof polycarbonate lenses.
- Easy-to-adjust silicone strap.
- Preassembled and lightweight.
- Gasket (foam sealing) may come off under intense usage.
|Lens type||Smoke or Clear|
Choosing the Right Swimming Goggles
Swimming goggles are important in swimming. You cannot do without them if you care about your eyes. The safety and the winning advantage over your rivals are what you should also consider.
The need to look for swimming goggles to prevent raccoon eyes. The best swimming goggles to keep water away from the eyes. You don’t just buy swimming goggles.
However, you are faced with having to choose among several hundreds of swim goggles in the market. Of course, decision-making can be challenging. It can be even more difficult for a first-timer who doesn’t know what to consider.
While one may be happy for the vast choices available, it can also be overwhelming to pick a nice option. Then what are the best swimming goggles to buy? Well, you do not have to panic anymore.
I have compiled a list of the important criteria to look out for in a swim goggle. This guide is expected to improve your knowledge. In the end, you should know the best one for you at your next shopping.
1. Design and Size
Swim goggles come in different sizes and shapes. When you go shopping, you should expect to see both big and small swim goggles. Well, swimming goggles are available this way to accommodate various socket (eye) sizes.
Unlike your reading glasses, which may be more prominent, swim goggles must always fit firmly. You don’t want to have water seeping into your swim goggles. It defiles the primary reason behind buying a swim goggle.
Racing swim goggles feel awkward and less comfy (due to the thin gaskets). Most big goggles are equipped with thicker gaskets made of rubber or foam. This material tells the level of comfort and water-tightness.
You might prefer goggles that stick out over the flat ones. You should also consider the nose bridges. The latex nose bridges expand quickly and are more comfortable than the plastic ones. However, they are more susceptible to breakage.
This criterion is critical because it determines your comfort level. You have to select a swim goggle that holds well and doesn’t dig into your face. Some goggles may be adjustable, giving room for modifications.
2. The Color and Size of the Lens
The swimming time and pool color determine the lens color of the swim goggles you will be buying. There are various lens types (based on color) you can pick from.
Clear (or uncolored lenses) are great to use indoors, in the dark, or in poorly lit pools. Smoke lenses are your best option in sunny conditions. The mirrored lens helps to reduce the amount of light entering your eyes by deflecting some away.
The size of the lens also remains important. Larger (and curved) lenses imply wider viewing angles, almost like you are not wearing a goggle. The small-sized lenses are most suitable for racing, allowing you to focus on your race.
3. The Price
This is the most crucial part of decision-making. Regardless of what you intend to buy, your budget is more important. In most cases, you should prioritize swim goggles within your budget.
4. The Materials Used
Knowing the build material of your goggles is very important, especially for those with sensitive skin. It helps you stay away from materials that can trigger your allergies.
The frames of most swimming goggles are often made from plastics. Some frames may also be made from silicone, PVC, or polycarbonate.
The lenses are made of polycarbonate, which earns them the shatter-proof property. The seals may be made from silicone, foam, or rubber.
5. Additional Features
Besides functionality and safety, you may also check out for some additional features. Goggles without the anti-fog features are likely to suffer vision impairment. You should prioritize anti-fog lenses since they reduce the possibility of water condensing on your lens.
Other features include UV protection, adjustable nose bridge, easy-to-adjust strap, curved lens, and more. If you are interested in diving, you should look for swim goggles with a built-in nose clip. UV protection protects you from harmful sun rays.
The curved lenses offer wider view angles. Removable nose bridges allow you to adjust your goggles to suit your face. The easy-to-adjust strap helps you to put on your goggles faster and with a minimum of fuss.
Types of Swimming Goggles
Before selecting a swimming goggle, you need to know the type of swimming goggles available. It is not all about preventing water from reaching your face alone. At the same time, the price of the product doesn’t matter always.
You also need to understand that there are different types of swim goggles for different situation. Choosing the best goggles is important. It determines the level of comfort and your underwater experience.
Swimming goggles can be classified based on the following:
- Frame (Function)
- Lens color
However, there is a third classification – prescription goggles.
Based on Frame (Function)
The type of frame depends on the location or type of the event your signing up for. Your speed, comfort, and visibility are influenced by the type of frame you buy.
- Masks – They are the heaviest and biggest type of swimming goggle. They are similar to a diving mask. They are rugged and can tolerate harsh swimming conditions. They often come with a nose cover. However, they generate a large amount of drag.
- Recreational Goggles – This category comprises the best goggles that can be used in open water. They are often used for fitness or leisure. They have bigger sealing gaskets and offers a wide viewing angle. They can handle rough condition and prolonged swimming sessions.
- Competition Goggles – The goggles under this category are mainly used for training and competitions. They are mostly low-profile goggles. They have more oversized frames, enhanced visibility, and extraordinary hydrodynamics. Some goggles impress with designs that offer great peripheral vision.
- Training Goggles – They are designed for intensive, rough and daily usage. They come with thick gaskets which offers great comfort. At the same time, they also offer great hydrodynamics.
Based on Lens Color
There are a number of lens color available. The importance of the lens color of your goggle can not be overemphasized. It is directly linked to the quality of your vision when swimming.
- The clear (or uncolored lens) provides you with natural colors since the colors are not distorted. Hence, they are best to use indoor, in dark or poorly lit pools.
- The smoke lenses (or tinted lenses) are your best option in sunny conditions. They shield you from the bright lights just like your sunglasses would do. Unlike the mirrored lens, there is no form of color distortion.
- The mirrored lenses are those attractive, silvery goggles. They help to reduce the amount of light entering your eyes by reflecting light rays away. They are one of the most used types of swim goggles and they are ideal for most situations.
- Photochromic goggles are the newer tech in town. They produce a darken vision in well-lit conditions and a clearer view when the surrounding light decreases.
- Polarized goggles are nice for open water events since they are anti-glare. They are also a suitable choice for triathlon.
- Colored Lens is built to improve visibility, correcting color-dependent issues – the color of the pole’s lightning, color defect, etc. It helps to reduce issues like dyspraxia.
Prescription Swimming Goggles
They have special lenses which eliminate the need for wearing contact lenses underwater. All you need to do is see your optician for the best fit.
With prescription goggles, those with eye defects – Myopia or Hyperopia – can see underwater. They are excellent for glaucoma patients. It is a replacement option for contact lens wearers.
5 Benefits of Swimming Goggles
Whether you are a professional swimmer, a trainee, or just swimming for fun, you should be using a swimming goggle. Swim goggles are one of the must-have protective tools for your eyes underwater.
Using a swim goggle creates a watertight vacuum around your eyes. Michael Phelps, the eight times global award winner, won’t wear them without reason. Those important reasons for using swimming goggles are penned down here.
Improves Visibility Underwater
Since a watertight space is created between the eyes and the water, you can comfortably open your eyes while swimming. Without a google, you are more susceptible to struggling with visibility. Hence, firm and comfortable goggles are important.
The enhanced visibility a swim goggle offers allows you to swim faster with less fear. Since you can clearly see what is ahead of you, you will see your track guides and the wall of the pool.
Some goggles are also equipped with the anti-fog feature to improve visibility. You will also see potential hazards in the pool to report them as fast as possible.
In local pools with many swimmers, there is more possibility of bumping into someone or swimming into their legs. Since you have swimming goggles, you can avoid such awkward scenarios.
Protects the Eyes
Swimming without goggles may lead to red, itchy eyes or even eye infections after leaving the water. Most pools are treated with chemicals, e.g., Chlorine. Although chlorine reduces bacteria and germs, it may not be too good for your eyes.
Some goggles also protect you from ultraviolet rays, harmful rays from the sun. Continuous exposure to these harmful rays can result in severe sunburn. However, if you swim indoors, you may not need a goggle with UV protection.
Besides chemical and radiation injuries, swim goggles also safeguard you from mechanical injuries, especially when swimming in natural water bodies. With your goggles on, your eyes are shielded from sand, rocks, and debris.
If you are swimming in lakes or seas, goggles can protect you from algae, bacteria and debris, and even saltwater. In a nutshell, swim goggles are just the best way of protecting your eyes underwater.
Increased Comfort Underwater
Wearing goggles provides you the most desired comfort when swimming underwater. There is less fear of debris, rocks, and microbes. You do not worry about Chlorine, saltwater, and irritants getting into your eyes.
Since you can see clearly, you can also move swiftly and effortlessly. The extra motivation and safety it gives provide the much needed mental strength to become the next global award winner.
Ability to Wear Contacts
Those with eye defects are not excluded from swimming. They can quickly put on their contact lens while they wear their swim goggles. However, there are now special swim goggles that eliminate the use of contacts underwater.
You Look Attractive
Not only do swim goggles protect the eyes but it also gives you that attractive look of a professional swimmer. They are available in different designs, color schemes, sizes, and shapes to suit your taste.
Maintaining Your Swim Goggles
Now you’ve got your favorite choice of swim goggles. You need to maintain it correctly if you do not want to get back to the market sooner. Just some little effort can prolong the useful life of your goggles. Looking also for how best to clean swimming goggles? Here are some tips for you.
- Always rinse your swim goggles after using them. It helps to wash off pool chemicals like Chlorine, preventing them from degrading your goggles.
- Do not rinse in hot water.
- Avoid washing or rinsing in harsh detergent and alcohol-based materials. This may affect the anti-fog property or peel off the UV coating of the lens.
- After rinsing, allow it to dry completely. Instead of sun-drying, use air-drying.
- Store your goggles in a safety case.
- In case the anti-fog property wears out, you can restore it with an anti-fog spray.
- To avoid scratching, do not rub the lenses with your finger.
How to Remove Scratches from Swim Goggles?
Scratches on lenses can negatively influence the quality of vision; thus, it can be frustrating. However, should you have blemishes on your swim goggles, here are some tips on how to remove them.
- Your kitchen will be an excellent place for this. Wash the goggles with water and gentle detergent. Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- Spread a mild cloth on a table (preferably a towel). Set the goggles on the mild cloth such that the outside of the lenses facing up.
- Expose only the scratched area by placing a cellophane tape on the areas that are not scratched.
- Apply some abrasive paste on the scratched areas.
- Use ultra-fine sandpaper on the lens, dragging it from the one end to the other end. You can repeat this step two or three times. If the scratch has vanished, you can remove the tape.
- Finally, wash the swim goggles, rinse and air-dry.
No matter how long you use your swimming goggles, it will eventually degrade. Although the above procedure reduces the scratches, it doesn’t make it as clear as when you bought them.
You might need to replace your goggles. It will be a great idea to purchase a storage case for your swimming goggles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Did you miss an essential aspect of the article? Here are some frequently asked questions to clear your thoughts.
Are Swimming Goggles Bad for Your Eyes?
Swimming goggles are protective swimming instruments. They are designed to create a watertight vacuum around your eyes. They protect you from sand, debris, rock, infections and itchy, red eyes. More importantly, they protect you from UV rays. A swimming goggle is bad if it doesn’t do all these things.
What Are Swimming Goggles Made Of?
Most swimming goggles have their parts made from polycarbonate, silicone, foam or rubber.
Can I Use Swimming Goggles for Snorkeling?
Yes. You can use a swimming goggle for snorkeling but you need to be extra careful. However, masks are advisable since they come with nose clips and even earplugs.
How to Stop Swimming Goggles from Fogging?
Choose a swimming goggle with an anti-fog property. If the anti-fog layer is weakened, you can spray with anti-fog sprays.
Learn more about How to Keep Swimming Goggles from Fogging Up here.
How to Defog Swimming Goggles?
Truly, a fogged-up swimming goggle can be really frustrating. You can defog your goggle by rinsing your goggles in water and air-drying.
How to Stop Swimming Goggles from Leaking?
You can only stop a swimming goggle from leaking only if you purchase a fitting one. However, if a fitting one suddenly starts leaking despite tensioning the strap, the seals are bad. You might need to buy new goggles.
What Are Prescription Goggles?
They are special goggles built for people with eye defects. It allows them to see normally under water without the use of contact lenses.
Swim Network Overview
Now that you are set to become the next global superstar. Asides from the safety provided by goggles, your goggles can also give you an edge over your rivals. It all boils down to having the best swimming goggles.
When buying a swimming google, you should consider the pool’s lighting, the type of event, and your comfort. Goggles, regardless of their price, won’t perform well if it doesn’t sit well on your face.
From my list, the MP Michael Phelps XCEED rank as the best overall. It is a stand-out option for professional competitions.
Have you used any of these swimming goggles? Feel free to share your experience in the comments section. You do not have to read this article alone. Simply share my post on Facebook or Twitter for your friends.