Do you know Michael Phelps won’t have won the global award if he hadn’t chosen the best swimming goggles? Swimming goggles are one of the must-haves in swimming, even in non-competitive events. It helps you to see clearly and move safely underwater. No red eyes, no itchy eyes! It’s all comfort that you get.
However, there are hundreds of swimming goggles to choose from. They vary in shape, size, color, and design, hence, finding the best swimming goggles for yourself can be stressful. The need to find the best fit cannot be overemphasized.
With so many great goggles available, which one is best for you? To help you make the right decision, I’ve compiled a list of the best swimming goggles you can consider.
What are the Benefits of Swimming Goggles?
Regardless of whether you are a professional swimmer, a trainee, or just swimming for fun, you should be using a swimming goggle. Swim goggles are the protective tools for your eyes underwater. Using a swim goggle creates a watertight vacuum around your eyes.
Michael Phelps, the eight times global award winner, won’t wear them without a reason. Below are the major benefits of using swimming goggles.
Improves Visibility Underwater
Since a watertight space is created between the eyes and the water, you can comfortably open your eyes while you swim. Without a google, you are more susceptible to struggling with visibility. This is one of the reasons why I advocate for a firm and comfortable goggle.
The enhanced visibility a swim goggle offers allow you to swim faster with less fear. Since you can clearly see what is ahead of you, you will be able to see your track guides and the wall of the pool. Some goggles are also equipped with the anti-fog feature to improve visibility.
See Also: 10 Best Anti-Fog Sprays for Swim Goggles
In local pools which many people use at the same time, there is less possibility of bumping into someone or swimming into their legs. You will also be able to see potential hazards in the pool to report them as fast as possible.
Protects the Eyes
The safety of your eyes is very important in a pool. Most pools contain water treated with chemicals such as Chlorine. Although chlorinated water reduces bacteria and germs in the water, it may not be too good for your eyes. Swimming without a goggle may lead to red, itchy eyes or, even, eye infections after leaving the water.
Some goggles also protect you from ultraviolet rays, harmful rays from the sun. Continuous exposure to these harmful rays can result in serious sunburn. However, if you swim indoors, you may not need a goggle with UV protection.
Aside from chemical and radiation injuries, swim goggles also safeguard you from mechanical injuries, especially when swimming in natural water bodies. With your goggles on, your eyes are shielded from sand, stones, rocks, and debris.
If you will be swimming in lakes or seas, a goggle will protect you from algae, bacteria and debris, and even the entire saltwater. In a nutshell, swim goggles are just the best way of protecting your eyes underwater.
Increased Comfort Underwater
Wearing goggles provides you the most desired comfort when swimming underwater. Less fear of debris, sand, rocks, and algae entering your eyes. You do not worry about Chlorine, saltwater and irritants getting into your eyes.
Since you can see clearly, you can also move swiftly and effortlessly. The extra motivation and safety it gives provide the much needed mental strength to become the next global award winner.
Ability to Wear Contacts
Those with eye defects are not excluded from swimming. They can easily put on their contact lens whilst they wear their swim goggles. However, there are now special swim goggles which eliminate the use of contacts underwater.
You Look Attractive
Not only do swim goggles protect the eyes but it also gives you that attractive look of a professional swimmer. They are available in different designs, color schemes, sizes, and shapes to suit your taste.
What Are the Best Swimming Goggles?
If you seriously care about safety-first, having swimming goggles will be the first way to prove that. Of course, swimming goggles are popular and the market has many of them in stock. For a quick browse on the market, below are some of the best swimming goggles to have.
- Best Overall: MP Michael Phelps Xceed Swimming Goggles
"FINA-approved, hydrodynamic, nice aesthetics, has a wide viewing area."
- Best Budget: Aegend Clear Swimming Goggles
"Silicone frame, scratch-resistant, tough lenses, comes with a hard carry case."
- Best with Anti-glare: Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Swimming Goggles
"Non-latex, non-PVC, anti-fog, anti-glare, has a double-strap design for great fitting."
- Best for Toddlers: Speedo Skoogles Kids Swimming Goggles
"Center-eye orbital fit, comfortable, can be worn by many faces."
- Best for Kids: Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swimming Goggles
"Easy-to-adjust strap, comfy, skin-friendly, the strap doesn’t tangle the hair."
- Best for Beginners: Aqua Sphere Seal 2.0 Adult Swimming Goggles
"Comfy, anti-scratch, anti-fog, offers a wide viewing angle."
- Best for Wide Face: Arena Cobra Ultra Mirror Swimming Goggles
"Good straps, low-profile design, hydrodynamic, has interchangeable nose bridges."
- Best for Juniors: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Junior Swimming Goggles
"100 percent UV protection, low-profile design, easy to wear, clear and broad vision."
- Best for Snorkeling: TYR Socket Rocket Swimming Goggles
"Anti-glare, anti-fog, low-profile design, has comfortable silicone seals."
- Best for Triathlon: COOLOO Triathlon Swimming Goggles
"UV-ray protection, glare-resistant, comes with nose clips and earplugs."
Comparison of Top 21 Best Swimming Goggles 2020
Trying to save time? You can see a quick glance at the basic features of each product on my list. Below is a comparison table to facilitate a quick preview of each product.
However, I recommend that you still read the detailed reviews of all the products for better accuracy in choice-making. Simply read the next section for more information about each product.
The Best Swimming Goggles
Although a quick review has been done in the previous section, you still need to know more about these products. In this section, you will find the detailed, unbiased reviews of my top 21 best swimming goggles in 2020. You get to know their entire features, including their pros and cons.
Of course, the list wasn’t selected randomly. They were thoroughly researched and everything found was compiled. I’ve reduced the worry in decision-making for you as you now have all the needed information in one place. You should find this section, as well as other sections, educative. Just read carefully and digest.
In the end, you should know what are the best swimming goggles for you.
Swedish Swimming Goggles
(Best for Sunny Days)
The silvery Swedish Swimming Goggles is a popular product from the Malmsten brand. It has a great appeal to the eyes. Little wonder it is dubbed as the “most copied” swim goggle.
On getting the pack, you have a dissembled swimming goggle. Of course, you have to assemble the product before you can use them. Do not panic as it is easy to assemble.
The product is safe to use and approved by the International Swimming Federation, FINA. It comes with a rubber strap which holds it firm while you swim comfortably. Impressively, it also comes with the anti-fog coating to keep your vision sharp. In terms of safety, it comes with UV protection.
- With the rubber strap, it can fit different head sizes.
- It comes with UV protection to protect your eyes from harmful rays.
- You do not have to worry about the nose bridge since it is flexible.
- Though the product comes dissembled, one can easily put it in one piece in no time.
- The anti-fog layer peels off easily.
- The lenses are too dark and won’t be ideal for poorly lit conditions.
Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Swimming Goggles
(Best with Anti-glare)
The Vanquisher is one of the swimming goggles Speedo manufactures. It is an alluring product you will want to purchase on sight. Yes, not only does it impress in terms of design, but it also offers the quality you desire in your swim goggle.
The product is available in many beautiful color schemes to suit your preference. I hope you also don’t get confused during color selection.
The lenses are of great quality. They are mirrored, reducing the quantity of light entering your eyes. Together with its UV protection, the product offers premium protection for your eyes.
The product can be considered by those looking for the anti-fog feature in goggles. In terms of vision, the product offers a clear and wide view under water.
Since it is important that swim goggles fit, the product doesn’t disappoint in that aspect. It stays firm in your face with the aid of its cushioned silicone seals, providing the needed watertight space. The straps are doubled to ensure better firmness when swimming.
There are extra nose bridges in the pack that you can interchange with. This appears to be the best product for those allergic to latex since it is free from latex and even PVC-free. The product is nice for racing in professional competitions.
- The lenses come with anti-fog coating on their interior.
- It made from non-latex and non-PVC materials. Good news to those allergic to latex.
- The product comes with double straps to enhance stability.
- The product is anti-glare i.e. mirrored.
- The lenses can protect you from UV rays.
- The goggles may break at the nose piece region.
Speedo Skoogles Kids Swimming Goggles
(Best for Toddlers)
Want to have a global award winner, here’s a little secret - Michael Phelps used this product as a kid. Hmmm! The Speedo Skoogles Goggles is one of the best swimming goggles for kids. The goggle is suitable for kids from age three to eight.
The product is available in seven colors so your child has more options to pick from. The goggle is decent for training and competitive purposes.
It gives your child needed comfort to win. The Skoogles goggles have a sturdy frame and are fitted with a soft silicone seal to keep water from entering. The goggle is great for small and narrow faces, as well as wide ones, thanks to its center eye orbital fit.
The product comes with a split strap to keep the goggles firm and also not too tight on the head. The strap also comes with the Speed-Fit Clips feature to facilitate the quick and easy adjustment. You only need to depend on the clip to loosen or tighten the goggle.
The lenses offer UV protection and anti-fog; hence, the product is a nice choice, considering your child’s safety. The product is also safe for those allergic to latex.
- It can be used for training kids.
- The Speed-Fit Clip allows your kids to tighten or loosen the goggle with ease.
- The seal and frame gives a soft and comfortable feel on your child’s face.
- It can be used by many faces.
- It offers UV protection your young champion.
- The strap may become faulty after intensive use.
Speedo Women’s Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swimming Goggles
(Best for Ladies)
The Speedo remains a relevant brand when it comes to swimming goggles. This Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 is specially designed swimming goggles for women. It is an anti-glare, mirrored swim goggle which is available in seven different color design. It has a sleek and sparkling design.
On the part of the functionality, the goggle is designed for comfort. It is kept watertight by the soft silicone gasket and the double straps which are easy to adjust. They fit reasonably on the eye orbitals; therefore, it can be used by many face sizes.
The nose bridge is interchangeable to facilitate comfort and long-term use. The goggles provide you a panoramic view underwater, giving you the opportunity to see your track guides and your rivals.
The lenses are made from quality polycarbonate and are shatter-resistant. They are coated with an anti-fog layer, as well as, enhanced to protect the eyes from harmful rays from the sun.
Just like other anti-glare goggles, the amount of light entering the lenses is reduced. As a result, it is a nice goggle to use outdoors and for racing.
The product is free of latex and PVC.
- It has a low-profile outlook.
- It fits reasonably well on the eye orbitals.
- It can accommodate many face sizes.
- The lenses are durable and shatter-resistant.
- Double straps allow better grip on the face.
- The nose piece may snap easily under intensive use.
Speedo Hydrospex Classic Swimming Goggles
(Best Budget for Fitness Exercises)
Swimming can be for fitness exercise or fun and, of course, it is a good one. It requires the best swimming goggles. This is another Speedo product on my list. The product is suited for fun and recreational swimming.
The Speedo Hydrospex Goggle offers you all the comfort you need. It helps you achieve more from your swimming. Regardless of how long you want to stay in the pool, the product is designed to give you maximum comfort.
The frame of the product is made from PVC and held to the head by its Speed-Fit strap. The frame comes in one piece and it is hypoallergenic.
The spilt silicone strap holds the goggle comfortably on your face while you have fun. Just like other Speedo products, the seals are just as safe and reliable to keep you going underwater.
The lenses are not just lenses but Lexan lenses which are durable and shatter-proof. They are less susceptible to scratches and can tolerate rough swimming conditions. The lenses, coated with an anti-fog layer, are clear and colors are not distorted, offering you a clear view underwater.
The most notable feature is its outer-eye fit feature which gives you a more panoramic view when you swim. It protects your eyes from UV rays.
- You do not have to assemble the goggle since the frame comes in one piece.
- It is an excellent goggle for adults.
- It offers a wider view angle, courtesy of it outer-eye fit feature.
- The split strap, which can hold firmly, can be loosened or tighten quickly with its speed-fit feature.
- The lenses are top quality and shatter-proof.
- The silicone strap wears out easily.
- It can only sit well on a small range of faces.
Speedo Speed Socket Swimming Goggles
(Best for Swift Swimming)
Now I know why Speedo products are so popular. They make great goggles. The Speedo Speed Socket is a low-profile and top-notch goggle for professional swimmers. It permits professionals to have a fine peripheral vision and maximum visibility.
The goggles are ideal for reaching top speed with its sleek design that reduces drag. It offers huge hydrodynamics. Indeed, it’s a speed goggle.
The frame is sturdy and more than capable for diving and high swimming speeds. The frame also comes with interchangeable nosepieces so you can adjust the goggle to fit your nose. Also, the goggle is an inner eye fit type. The seals are hypo-allergenic and protect you from raccoon eyes.
The strap made of silicone and even doubled to provide stability. Unlike rubber straps, they are durable and last longer even after prolonged use in chlorinated water.
The lenses, made of polycarbonate, are also shatter-resistant. The lenses are mirrored, anti-glare and anti-fog. The manufacturer also expresses its love for your eyes by equipping the goggle with UV protection.
- The product comes with interchangeable nosepieces such that one can customize the goggle to sit on your nose (and face) comfortably.
- The lenses are shatter-resistant.
- The straps are made of the long-lasting silicone material instead of rubber.
- The straps are doubled for optimum stability.
- It flaunts a sleek design that contributes to the swimmer’s speed.
- Despite its custom nose piece, it may not fit on most faces.
Speedo FastSkin3 Elite Swimming Goggles
(Best for Outdoor Pools)
Swim your way to victory with the innovative, sleek Speedo FastSkin3 Elite goggles. Speedo products continue to dominate the market. The product is one of the most popular and advanced in the market.
It has received positive reviews from many consumers. It is an excellent product as indicated by its high price tag. What does it have to offer?
The FastSkin3 Elite is a mirrored, low profile goggle, available in four color schemes and with excellent design and structure. It is slim such that it reduces the bulk under the cap, thus improving speed. With its hydrodynamic design, one can move swiftly in water with less drag.
The impressive view the product offers its users is courtesy of its hydroscopic lens. The lenses are anti-shatter, mirrored and anti-fog. It also shields your eyes from UV rays and sunburn.
Through its patented 3-D goggle seal, it offers enhanced gasket leak resistance and doesn’t dig into your face. The goggles are not just held by ordinary straps, but with the innovate IQ Fit strap. In addition, the product is approved by FINA.
- The goggle is not too dark and can still be work indoors.
- The nose bridges can be adjusted to suit your face (and nose).
- The straps are made of silicone.
- The product is approved by FINA.
- It is ideal for professional competitions.
- It is expensive.
Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swimming Goggles
(Best for Kids)
This product from Aqua Sphere is one of the best swimming goggles for kids around. The swimming goggle is rugged and perfect for training your kids. It also performs nicely when used for competitions.
Using this product translates to enjoying a wide viewing angle of up to 180 degrees. This way, your kids can keep track of their rivals, as well as, their track guides.
Asides the clear vision offered by the anti-fog coated, Plexisol lenses, they are also anti-scratch, tolerating harsh handling from your upcoming superstar. The lenses also provide 100 percent UV protection for your kid’s eyes.
Putting on the goggle is very easy. The silicone straps, which is durable and comfy, can be easily buckled to your child’s head quickly. The product is free from latex so you shouldn’t worry about any allergic reaction.
- The lenses are anti-fog and anti-scratch.
- The product is latex-free.
- It offers a very wide viewing angle, thanks to its curved lenses.
- The strap is easy to adjust.
- The product is a good product for kids, particularly in indoor pools.
- The strap hook may snap under heavy usage.
- Some kids with small faces may find the goggles falling off.
Aqua Sphere Seal 2.0 Adult Swimming Goggles
(Best for Beginners)
The Aqua Sphere Seal remains a great choice for adults looking to workout. It’s one of the best swimming goggles for beginners.
It is designed to seat on the outer eye, on the cheekbone and lower forehead. With this convenient sitting position and its cushion silicone gasket, there is less possibility of developing raccoon eyes. At the same time, it is watertight.
The most noticeable feature of the product is its optics improvement technology - curved lens. The technology is patented so you may not find other swim goggles with such advanced curved lens.
With this technology in place, one will be able to enjoy a broad viewing perspective, up to 180 degrees. The technology, together with the low-profile frame, implies better hydrodynamics. The lenses are also treated to shield your eyes from UV rays.
One can easily put on the goggle with its simple buckle system - E-Z adjust. All you have to do is pull back the straps to a comfortable tension to tighten the goggle. To remove, simply open the buckle and expand the straps. Impressively, the buckle is well-streamlined to avoid drag.
- It is very easy to wear the goggle.
- The goggle is available in two lens types – smoked and clear lenses.
- It offers a very wide viewing perspective with its patented curved lenses.
- It seats firmly and conveniently on the face without causing raccoon eyes.
- The lenses are anti-scratch and anti-fog.
- It is not custom-fit; hence, it may not sit well on some faces.
Arena Cobra Ultra Mirror Swimming Goggles
(Best for Wide Face)
Looking for a high grade and premium swimming goggle? The classy Arena Cobra Ultra is one product to consider. It is packed in a box and comes along with interchangeable nose pieces for wide nose. It also has a mesh bag to store your goggles after use.
See Also: 15 Best Swim Bags
Your search for low-profile goggle is over. The product has a sleek blade shape, and low-profile design to keep you propelling at high speeds. A low-profile indicates little water resistance. Indeed, it is a great product for competitive and outdoor swimming.
The frame is made of tough materials and cushioned at the interior with a soft silicone seal. The product comes with a frame which can be adjusted to fit your face. The goggles are equipped with a double silicone strap to keep it perfectly fitted on your face.
With the presence of a curved lens, it can be selected for peripheral vision under water. The frame bears the curved lens which facilitates a panoramic view in water.
The lenses are made of tough polycarbonate and treated with anti-fog coating. The lenses are also equipped with UV protection.
- It features a unique, efficient strapping system.
- The product has an impressive, cool look and is available in 18 different designs.
- The goggle has an ultra-low-profile design; hence, it has great hydrodynamics.
- It comes with 5 different interchangeable nose bridges.
- It offers great peripheral vision with its curved lenses.
- It is highly-priced.
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swimming Goggles
(Best for Indoor Pool)
Looking for a durable swimming goggle to enhance your swimming experience? This is just the best product for you. The Kayenne goggle offers the best performance and vision. It flaunts a robust frame and silicone straps to guarantee stability.
Just like other Aqua goggles on the list, it features the patented curved lens tech and allows you to have a 180-degree wide field of view. It also trims off extra drag unlike non-curved lenses and improves hydrodynamics.
The durability provided by the clear, Plexisol lenses is impeccable. The lenses supply you with natural light and undistorted colors, making it a great choice for indoor or dark pools.
Worried about blurred vision when swimming? The product wins in this aspect as its lenses are coated with anti-fog material to ensure constant, clear vision. Sunburn is major problem underwater caused by UV rays. Thankfully, the lenses offer exceptional protection from these harmful rays.
- The product is available in 11 distinct, classy color schemes.
- It offers 180-degree panoramic view underwater.
- In terms of safety, the lenses can shield the eyes from 100 percent UVA and UVB rays.
- It comes with a simple buckle and a casing for storing your goggle after use.
- The strap is made of silicone for durability and comfort.
- The product leaks a lot of small and rounded faces.
- It doesn’t come with interchangeable nose bridges.
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Junior Swimming Goggles
(Best for Juniors)
Here is another Aqua Swimming goggle but this time it is for youths from age 6 to 15. The Kayenne Jr brings a nice feature to the table – curved lenses. The feature opens the possibility of observing an ample viewing angle.
The lenses are anti-fog and treated to UV protection. They are also scratch-resistant, thus, tolerating rough swimming conditions and handling. The lenses are bluish and provide some amount of glare protection.
The frame is low-profiled and slim, equating to low water resistance. In a nutshell, the design is sleek and optimized for improved hydrodynamics, close to being a slippery eel in water.
The seals are efficient, slim and, yet, cushions very well. The straps are made of silicone of better grip.
- A wide range of possible users. It’s a decent goggle for individuals from age 6 to 15.
- It offers 100% protection from UV rays.
- It comes with a low-profile which implies seamless locomotion in water.
- It is easy to put on or take off.
- With its 3-radii curved lenses, it provides a clear and broad view in water.
- The straps are not strong enough and may snap after intensive use.
Aegend Clear Swimming Goggles
The Aegend brand has really invested in quality materials for their swimming goggles. The aesthetics offered by this product is enough to capture your approval. It is very fashionable, making you look like a global star.
The Aegend Clear Swimming Goggle is one of the best for triathlon. The product may be cheap but it offers great quality and premium satisfaction.
The colorful lenses are treated with UV-protection coating which eliminates the possibility of UV rays reaching your eyes. They are also coated with anti-fog materials to optimize your view underwater.
No raccoon eyes or leaks. The product is a clear and comfy goggle that rests well on the face. The two lenses are held together by a higher nosepiece to prevent marks and pain.
The frame doesn’t press into your face thanks to its soft, flexible silicone seal. The silicone seals are very effective in their function, keeping water away from your eyes. Its watertight efficiency is also enhanced by its easy-to-buckle strap.
Despite the low price, it comes with a 12-month warranty and storage case. Unfortunately, the product should be avoided by persons allergic to silicone.
- The lenses are tough and scratch-resistant; hence, they can tolerate harsh swimming conditions.
- It is available in different colors.
- Enhanced comfort – the frame is made of silicone.
- The product comes with a storage case.
- It comes with a 12-month guarantee.
- The product is not lightweight.
- Not recommended for those allergic to silicone.
AqtivAqua Wide View Swimming Goggles
(Best with Wide View)
The AqtivAqua is a great swimming brand that prioritizes functionality and quality, designing products with excellent craftsmanship. It produces goggles that can be used indoors or outdoors, even in open water for snorkeling.
You May Like: 19 Best Snorkel Masks
The AqtivAqua offers better vision with its tough polycarbonate lenses. It is wide enough to reach a large portion of the water just like when you are not using a goggle. Using the goggle, you get a clear, undistorted view.
Your eyes are safe underwater with its 100 percent UV protective layer. It comes with an anti-slip design which lets it embrace your face firmly and comfortably without putting any pressure. Even when diving or at high speeds, it still stays securely on you.
In addition, the straps are easy to unbound. Just a click, it will come off. The product comes to a storage case and a warranty of 12 months.
- It is available in three distinct colors.
- Its lenses offer 180 degrees wide viewing angle.
- It holds securely to the face, thanks to its anti-slip design.
- It can be worn by both males and females.
- The lenses are made of strong polycarbonate.
- It comes with a 12-month warranty and a storage case.
- May not fit on some faces.
- The straps may break under intensive use.
U-Fit Swimming Goggles
(Best Water Sealing System)
U-Fit is a less popular brand but they offer great products at fairly affordable prices. They have a nice customer care service. Excitingly, they offer a 100 percent money-back guarantee. For every fault or issue, you get a refund or replacement.
This product is a testament to the company’s craftsmanship. The product is alluring and professional in outlook. The frame, strap, and gasket are made of silicone. The frame offers a smart fit on the face in a comfortable manner.
It has a very efficient sealing system with the double-gasket system. Apparently, the system comes with two gaskets, a thin and thick one.
The thick gasket stands as an intermediary between the frame and a thin gasket. The thin gasket provides the much-desired comfort and the watertight vacuum needed without sucking out your eyes.
The strap has a simple Quick-release system that doesn’t tangle with your hair.
The lenses are anti-fog and anti-UV treated. In addition to a crystal-clear vision, they are also curved to allow a wide view.
- It comes with 100 percent anti-fog and UV-protective lenses.
- It has a money-back guarantee of 100 percent.
- The product comes with an efficient double-seal system.
- It comes with a quick-to-release strap.
- It provides a clear and wide perspective.
- It comes with earplugs and a nose clip.
- It doesn’t come with adjustable nose bridges, hence, it may not fit well on some faces.
TYR Socket Rocket Swimming Goggles
(Best for Snorkeling)
Looking for a nice training or recreational goggle? Try the TYR Socket Rocket. The design is simple and comfortable. The goggle performs exceptionally in poorly-lit conditions.
It has a low-profile design which minimizes drag. The frame is made of soft, silicone material which has a gentle feel on the skin. The flexible gasket further seals it from water and still provides more comfort.
The lenses are anti-glare, anti-fog and treated with a UV-protective layer. In addition, the goggle is easy to adjust and position on the head.
- Unlike most colored lenses, the goggles still offer a clear vision in poorly lit conditions.
- It can be used for snorkeling.
- They come in different colors.
- The lenses are anti-glare.
- The silicone seals are comfortable on the face.
- The straps are very susceptible to deterioration.
See Also: 15 Best Swimming Snorkels
MP Michael Phelps Xceed Swimming Goggles
(Best Overall - Editor's Choice)
Finally, I have a swimming goggle bearing the global superstar’s name. On first sight, I should expect something big. Of course, it doesn’t let your expectation down. The product is popular and known for not leaking.
For a swift and seamless swimming, consider this product. For goggles with the best aesthetics, consider this product. Looking for a low-profile goggle with fantastic hydrodynamics, this is a nice option. It’s a win-win situation with the MP Michael Phelps Xceed Goggle.
Starting from the frame – it is made of a semi-rigid material that can easily adjust to the shape of the face. This reduces the possibility of developing a raccoon eye. The frame and the entire goggle is built to stay streamlined with the wearer’s face.
Ensuring a watertight vacuum is the function of the extra soft Softeril seal that hugs the face passionately. There is no issue when it comes to keeping the goggle in place. It stays so well with its silicone strap with its tension kept constant by its easy-to-adjust, streamlined buckle.
The polycarbonate lenses built in a curved manner to ensure the wear enjoys a panoramic and undistorted view. For deep set eyes swimmers, they can see clearly with no dead zones.
They are also fitted with the anti-fog and UV-shield layers. Remarkably, the lenses are also anti-scratch and shatter-proof.
To cap it all, the product comes with a storage case.
- The product is approved by FINA.
- It has nice aesthetics with its glossy titanium mirror coated lenses.
- It offers premium protection from UV rays.
- It is hydrodynamic with a low-profile head and buckle.
- The goggle offers some bit of customization with its interchangeable nose piece.
- It is equipped with curved lenses for a wider viewing area.
- It has a high price tag.
COOLOO Triathlon Swimming Goggles
(Best for Triathlon)
Looking for a nice swimming goggle for laps? Try out the Cooloo triathlon goggle. It is less expensive and offers more than you expect. It is mirrored goggle with all the best safety you need.
The lenses, which are made of polycarbonate, are curved to facilitate a greater viewing area, as well as, an undistorted vision. Impressively, they are also shatter-proof and anti-scratch which allows them to survive different swimming conditions. They are also fitted with UV-shield and anti-fog layers.
The product is easy to put on or off with its silicone strap which doesn’t tangle with your hair. The buckles are positioned at the back to allow more hydrodynamics and minimal drag.
Speaking of the watertight efficiency, the product is fortified with a nice, silicone gasket. You also get nose clips and earplugs when you purchase the product.
In addition, it comes with a 12-month guarantee.
- The lenses are equipped with both UV-ray protection and glare resistance.
- The frame is constructed from high-grade silicone material.
- It has a streamlined design and comfortable to use.
- The lenses have enhanced fog resistance layer on the inner coating for clear sight.
- The product comes nose clips and a pair of attached ear-plugs.
- The nose bridge may not accommodate big noses.
Zionor Swimming Goggles
(Best with Decent Strap Stability)
The Zionor swimming goggle is a nice product in terms of functionality and quality. The frame is fitted with polarized, polycarbonate lenses. Furthermore, the lenses are coated with anti-fog and anti-UV layers.
The frame itself isn’t a disappointment at all. They are sturdy and comfortable to put on. Coupled with its impressive anti-slip silicone strap, it fits so well on your face with an effective sealing system.
The straps are tangle-free i.e. it won’t tangle with your hair. With a push-button, you can tighten and loosen the double straps easily.
Made from silicone, the seals are designed to ensure optimum comfort and watertight efficiency. It also comes with a nose mask.
- The strap is tangle-free.
- It comes with double straps.
- It comes with an easy-to-operate buckle.
- The lenses are anti-fog and anti-UV.
- One may experience a little bit of distortion under water.
OutdoorMaster Swimming Mask Goggles
(Best with Nose Cover)
And lastly, I have the OutdoorMaster goggles. It is a worthy mention on this list. It is a wonderful piece to have as a swimmer. It is one of the best swimming goggles with nose cover, which allows you to swim outdoors, especially in the seas.
The frame is big with a big lens such that it offers you a clear wide view. The frame is big and it is designed to sit on the outer eye.
The gaskets are moderate and soft, creating a comfortable feeling while you swim. The soft gaskets are known for not leaving marks on your face. No fears of leaking, no fear of raccoon eyes.
The lenses are treated with UV-protective layers, as well as, quality anti-fog layers too. They are also anti-scratch and shatter-proof for ideal for rough water. The goggle is also equipped with a storage case.
- The lenses are big and wide, offering a wide viewing perspective.
- The gaskets are moderate and soft.
- The lenses are anti-scratch and shatter-proof.
- It comes with a protective casing.
- The goggle doesn’t fit most faces; hence, they leak.
Aqua Sphere Vista Swimming Mask Goggles
(Best with Great Hydrodynamics)
Just like other Aqua brand products, the Aqua Sphere Vista Swimming Mask Goggles doesn’t fall short of expectation. It further testifies of the brand’s credibility.
Coming with clear lenses, it is designed for indoor swimming and can even be used for competitive swimming. The lenses are made from polycarbonate and are laced with anti-fog and UV-protective layers on the interior. The lenses are also optimized to offer a wide viewing angle as it comes with tri-radii curved shape lenses.
The frame, made also from polycarbonate, is also optimized for better hydrodynamics. The frame is a low profile one and it wraps around the face perfectly.
The rigid face stays securely and without inflicting pain on your facial bones with the inclusion of silicone gasket. Buckling and unbuckling the goggle is very easy with its quick-put-on buckle. You can easily make adjustments on its tightness even while wearing it.
It is important to know that the goggle does not contain latex.
- One can quickly buckle or unbuckle the goggle with a minimum of fuss.
- It is not latex-based and doesn’t contain latex parts.
- The frames are made from the polycarbonate.
- It comes with anti-fog and UVA and UVB-protective layer.
- It offers a wide view of up to 180 degrees.
- It comes with a relatively high price tag.
- It requires adequate care else the lenses will deteriorate very easily.
Types of Swimming Goggles
Before selecting a swimming goggle, you need to know the type of swimming goggles available. It is not all about preventing water from reaching your face alone. At the same time, the price of the product doesn’t matter always.
You also need to understand that there are different types of swim goggles for different situation. Choosing the best goggles is important. It determines the level of comfort and your underwater experience. Swimming goggles can be classified based on the following:
- Frame (Function)
- Lens color
However, there is a third classification – prescription goggles.
Based on Frame (Function)
The type of frame depends on the location or type of the event your signing up for. Your speed, comfort, and visibility are influenced by the type of frame you buy.
- Masks – They are the heaviest and biggest type of swimming goggle. They are similar to a diving mask. They are rugged and can tolerate harsh swimming conditions. They often come with a nose cover. However, they generate a large amount of drag.
- Recreational Goggles – This category comprises the best goggles that can be used in open water. They are often used for fitness or leisure. They have bigger sealing gaskets and offers a wide viewing angle. They can handle rough condition and prolonged swimming sessions.
- Competition Goggles – As the name suggests, the goggles under this category are mainly used for training and competitions. They are mostly low-profile goggles. They have a bigger frame, enhanced visibility, and great hydrodynamics. Some goggles impress with designs that offer a great peripheral vision. The nose bridges of most goggles are adjustable. They perform well under water for a long period of time but not under daily and intensive usage.
- Training Goggles – They are designed for intensive, rough and daily usage. They come with thick gaskets which offers great comfort. At the same time, they also offer great hydrodynamics.
Based on Lens Color
There are a number of lens color available. The importance of the lens color of your goggle can not be overemphasized. It is directly linked to the quality of your vision when swimming.
- The clear (or uncolored lens) provides you with natural colors since the colors are not distorted. Hence, they are best to use indoor, in dark or poorly lit pools.
- The smoke lenses (or tinted lenses) are your best option in sunny conditions. They shield you from the bright lights just like your sunglasses would do. Unlike the mirrored lens, there is no form of color distortion.
- The mirrored lenses are those attractive, silvery goggles. They help to reduce the amount of light entering your eyes by reflecting light rays away. They are one of the most used types of swim goggles and they are ideal for most situations.
- Photochromic goggles are the newer tech in town. They produce a darken vision in well-lit conditions and a clearer view when the surrounding light decreases.
- Polarized goggles are nice for open water events since they are anti-glare. They are also a suitable choice for triathlon.
- Colored Lens is built to improve visibility, correcting color-dependent issues – the color of the pole’s lightning, color defect, etc. It helps to reduce issues like dyspraxia.
Prescription Swimming Goggles
They have special lenses which eliminate the need for wearing contact lenses underwater. All you need to do is see your optician for the best fit.
With prescription goggles, those with eye defects – Myopia or Hypermyopia – can see clearly under water. They are nice for glaucoma patients. It is a replacement option for contact lens wearers.
Swimming Goggles Buying Guide
Swimming goggles are important in swimming. You cannot do without them if you really care about your eyes. The safety and the winning advantage over your rivals are what you should also consider. You do not want to come out of the pool with some itchy, red eyes.
There need to look for swimming goggles to prevent raccoon eyes. In the same vein, there is a need for swimming goggles to keep water out. You don’t just buy a swimming goggle.
Eventually, you have considered buying a pair of swimming goggles. However, you are faced with having to choose among several hundreds of swim goggles in the market.
Of course, decision-making can be challenging. It can be even more difficult for a first-timer who doesn’t know what to look for in swim goggles. While one may be happy for the vast choices available, it can also be overwhelming to pick a nice option. Unfortunately, what works for your friend may not work for you.
You may be thinking of what are the best swimming goggles to buy? Well, you do not have to panic anymore.
I have compiled a list of the important criteria to look out for in a swim goggle. This guide is expected to improve your knowledge of swim goggles. In the end, you should know the best one for you at your next shopping.
Design and Size of the Swim Goggles
Swim goggles come in different sizes and shapes. When you go shopping, you should expect to see both big and small swim goggles. Well, swimming goggles are available this way so as to accommodate various socket (eye) sizes.
Unlike your sunglasses or reading glasses which may be a little bigger, the situation in a swim goggle is different. It must always fit. You don’t want to have water seeping into your swim goggle. It defiles the major reason behind buying a swim goggle.
Of course, some big goggles may fit so well whilst some smaller ones may look awkward. This is because of the design. The big goggle may be equipped with a sealing system made of rubber or foam. This sealing material keeps the goggle firmly on the face.
You might prefer goggles that stick out over the flat ones. You should also consider the nose bridges. The latex nose bridges expand easily and are more comfortable than the plastic ones. Although they are more susceptible to breakage.
This criterion is critical because your comfort is determined by the design and size of the swim google. You have to select a swim goggle that holds well on your face and, also, doesn’t dig into your face. Some goggles may be adjustable, giving the option of modifying it to suit your face.
The Color and Size of the Lens
Of course, you don’t just into a swimming pool without knowing much details about it. The time of swimming and the color of the pool determines the lens color of the swim goggle you will be buying. Another thing you need to know is if the pool is well-lit. Your swim goggle not only protects you from irritants in the water, but it also protects you from excessive light rays.
As I’ve written in the previous sections, there are various types of the lens (based on color) you can pick from. The clear (or uncolored lens) are great to use indoors, in the dark or poorly lit pools. The smoke lenses are your best option in sunny conditions. The mirrored lens helps to reduce the amount of light entering your eyes by reflecting light rays away.
The size of the lens also remains important during decision-making. A larger lens implies a wider viewing angle, almost like you are not wearing a goggle. The small-sized lens might be good for you since it allows you to focus on your own race.
You might also come across the curved lens. This lens offers you a wider viewing angle, increasing your swimming goggles target or range.
Cost of the Swim Goggles
This is the most important part of decision-making. Regardless of what you intend buying, your budget is more important. Most expensive goggles are of more quality than the less expensive ones. However, some cheap googles still offer something similar to what their expensive counterparts can offer.
Top goggles will obviously provide more quality and underwater satisfaction. They may also offer more features than the less expensive ones. It is important to know that, sometimes, you may need to delay your shopping till you have enough budget. You don’t want to buy something inferior and still end up buying another within a few weeks.
The Materials Used
Knowing the constituent of your goggles is very important, especially for sensitive skin. It helps you stay away from materials that can trigger your allergies.
The frames of most swimming goggles are often made from plastics. Some frames may also be made from silicone. The lenses are made of polycarbonate which earns them the shatter-proof property. The seals may be made from silicone, foam or rubber.
After you’ve considered the functionality and the safety of the goggle, you may also check out for additional features. You should look out for anti-fog lenses since they reduce the possibility of water condensing on the interior of your lens. Other features include UV protection, modifiable nose bridge, easy-to-adjust strap, curved lens and more.
Goggles without the anti-fog features are more likely to have water condensed in it. Hence, your vision is impaired. With the anti-fog feature, you should worry less about the development of fog. If you are interested in diving, you should look for swim goggles with built in nose clip.
Obviously, UV protection protects you from harmful rays that may irritant or harm your eyes. The curved lens offers a wider view angle. The modifiable nose bridge offers you freedom as you can easily adjust the goggle to suit your face. The easy-to-adjust strap helps you to put on your goggles faster and with a minimum of fuss.
Maintaining Your Swim Goggles
Now you’ve got your favorite choice of swim goggle. You need to maintain it effectively if you do not want to get back to the market sooner. Just some little effort can prolong the useful life of your goggle. Looking also for how best to clean swimming goggles? Here are some tips for you.
- Always rinse your swim goggles after using them. It helps to wash off pool chemicals like Chlorine, preventing them from degrading your goggle.
- Do not rinse in hot water.
- Avoid washing or rinsing in harsh detergent and alcohol-based materials. This may affect the anti-fog property or peel off the UV coating of the lens.
- After rinsing, allow it to dry completely. Instead of sun-drying, use air-drying.
- Store your goggles in a safety case.
- In case the anti-fog property wears out, you can restore it with an anti-fog spray.
- To avoid scratching, do not rub the lenses with your finger.
How to Remove Scratches from Swim Goggles?
Scratches on lenses can negatively influence the quality of vision, thus, it can be really frustrating. However, in the case of scratches on your swim goggle, here are some tips to remove them.
- Your kitchen will be a nice place for this. Wash the goggle with water and gentle detergent. Rinse and dry with a mild cloth.
- Spread a mild cloth on a table (preferably a towel). Set the goggles on the mild cloth such that the outside of the lenses facing up.
- Expose only the scratched area by placing a cellophane tape on the areas that are not scratched.
- Apply some abrasive paste on the scratched areas.
- Use ultra-fine sandpaper on the lens, dragging it from the one end to the other end. You can repeat this step two or three times. If the scratch has vanished, you can remove the tape.
- Finally, wash the swim goggles, rinse and air-dry.
No matter how long you use your swimming goggles, it will eventually degrade. Although the above procedure reduces the scratches, it doesn’t make it as clear as to when you bought them. You might need to replace your goggle. Ensure you get a goggle with a storage case.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Did you miss an important point in the body of the article? Here are some frequently asked questions to clear your thoughts.
Swim Network Overview
Now that you are set to become the next global superstar. It all boils down to having the best swimming goggles. Asides the safety they provide, they also give you an edge over your rivals.
When buying a swimming google, you should consider the lighting in the pool, the type of event and your comfort. A goggle regardless of it is price, won’t perform well if it doesn’t sit well on your face.
Choice making can be stressful. Hence, before making that choice, read through my buying guide for swimming goggles carefully.
I have compiled a list of the top 21 best swimming goggles you should consider. From my list, the MP Micheal Phelps Swimming Goggles rank as the best premium goggle. You should only be using that for professional competitions.
Have you used any of these swimming goggles? Feel free to share your experience in the comments section. You do not have to read this article alone. Simply share my post on Facebook or Twitter for your friends.