Swimming is fun. Kids can now enjoy the fun of swimming. To enjoy the fun in swimming, your child will be needing great goggles. The next “Michael Phelps” can start training. To train, your child needs to have the best goggles.
Of course, you will encounter many goggles in the market since there is no monopoly in the industry. Fortunately, the best swimming goggles for kids are very much available and you will be needing the crème de la crème for your kids.
Searching for the best pair for your kid will be daunting. Your child may not really know what to look out for and you have to be sure it’s the best. Anyway, I have done a qualitative analysis of the market and came up with the best 19 swimming goggles. All you need to do now is read carefully and understand.
Table of Contents
- Why Do You Need the Best Swimming Goggles for Your Kids?
- What Are the Best Swimming Goggles for Kids?
- Comparison of Top 19 Best Swimming Goggles for Kids 2021
- Reviews of the Best Swimming Goggles for Kids
- Aegend Kids Swim Goggles
- HOOLRO Kids Swim Goggles
- Malmsten AB Original Swedish Swim Goggles
- COOLOO Kids Swim Goggles
- Speedo Junior Vanquishers 2.0 Swim Goggles
- Hurdilen Kids Swim Goggles
- Frogglez Kid Swim Goggles
- Baby Ski Banz Swimming Goggles
- Aqua Sphere Vista Junior Swim Goggles
- TYR Character HappyFish Swim Goggles
- Speedo Junior Hydrospex Print Swim Goggles
- Speedo Skoogles Kids Swim Goggles
- Speedo Junior Vanquisher Optical Swim Goggles
- TYR Kids SwimShades Mirrored Swim Goggles
- Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swim Goggles
- Aqua Sphere Kayenne Junior Swim Goggles
- Aqua Sphere Moby Kid Swim Goggles
- Disney Frozen Swimming Goggles
- Babiators Submariners Kids Swim Goggles
- Picking the Best Swimming Goggles for Kids
- Types of Swimming Goggles
- Maintaining Your Child’s Swimming Goggles
- Removing Marks and Scratches from Your Child’s Swimming Goggles
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Swim Network Overview
Why Do You Need the Best Swimming Goggles for Your Kids?
There is so much fun in swimming. Kids want the adventure, feeling the water around their bodies. They do not want to be left out. Now you’re left with having to protect their eyes. Kids are more tender and so the need for swimming goggles.
Now, if your child is so passionate about swimming and wishes to be the next superstar, you are left with no choice. Buying the best swimming goggles is one of the ways to encourage your child. Even if your child will be using the pool floats all through, he or she needs to have a goggle on. Below are the benefits of goggles.
See Also: 15 Best Pool Noodles for Swimming
Quality Vision and Comfort
Swim goggles for a barrier between the eyes and water. This barrier is often leak-proof, thanks to some features of the goggles that create good suction. Swimming without vision negatively affects your child’s vision.
Your child begins to struggle when their eyes become itchy and red. Your child may begin to feel the need to close his or her eyes, meaning poor or zero vision. With the water barrier created by the goggles, your child can conveniently open his or her eyes. Having to open the eyes conveniently translates to great vision.
With the goggles, they can even stay for a long period of time in the water. Your child worries less about any irritant, dirt or infection in the water. Some goggles come with the anti-fog property. This helps to prevent fogging on the inside of the goggles. Fogged up goggles can be frustrating since it lowers the quality of vision, creating a blurry vision.
See Also: 10 Best Anti-Fog Sprays for Swim Goggles
Of course, your child can’t adjust the goggles in the water. They either exit the pool or move slowly and extra carefully. In the case of competitive swimming, they may lose out.
Without a pair of goggles, your child is defenseless again these things. You can ensure maximum protection for your kid with a pair of suitable goggles. Since there is no contact with pool water, your child is free from dirt, chemicals, and germs.
Asides these obvious reasons, some goggles are equipped with anti-glare and UV protection. These features keep your children safe from direct sunlight or bright light, as well as, harmful rays from the sun.
Goggles may not be for protection only. Some goggles are extra attractive as they come in various colors, designs, and shapes. Goggles can be used to improve your child’s look.
What Are the Best Swimming Goggles for Kids?
Swimming goggles are essential for any swimmer – first-timer or veteran. It is the number one safety gadget for your eyes. Here are some of the best swimming goggles available for your kids.
- Best Overall: Aegend Kids Swim Goggles
“Rugged, durable, effective, can be used for both competition and training.”
- Runner Up: HOOLRO Kids Swim Goggles
“Ergonomic, fog-resistant, quick release strap, comes with two goggles in a pack.”
- Best Budget: Malmsten AB Original Swedish Swim Goggles
“Budget-friendly, low profile, FINA-approved, lightweight goggles for competitive swimming.”
- Best for 10-Year-Old: COOLOO Kids Swim Goggles
“Two in a pack, crystal clear vision, reliable lenses, comes with nose clips and earplugs.”
- Best for Competition: Speedo Junior Vanquishers 2.0 Swim Goggles
“Fits snugly, cushioned silicone gaskets, comes with mirrored lenses for maximum protection.”
- Best with Nose Clips: Hurdilen Kids Swim Goggles
“Stylish, sturdy, anti-glare lenses, equipped with nose clips, earplugs, and a storage case.”
- Best BPA-free Swim Goggles: Frogglez Kid Swim Goggles
“Skin-friendly, non-allergenic, non-toxic, offers great comfort.”
- Best Swim Mask for Kids: Baby Ski Banz Swimming Goggles
“Attractive, fog-resistant, UV protection, ideal for low light conditions.”
- Best for Toddlers: Aqua Sphere Vista Junior Swim Goggles
“Impressive hydrodynamics, wide view angle, fitted with a simple and effective buckle system.”
- Best for 1-Year-Old: TYR Character HappyFish Swim Goggles
“Impact-resistant, durable build materials, made from hypoallergenic materials.”
Comparison of Top 19 Best Swimming Goggles for Kids 2021
Except by luck, getting the best goggles for your kids isn’t easy. Every goggle poses to be the best buy until you buy it and realize it isn’t worth it. Sadly, you might have spent some money to get those goggles. As a first-timer, you might even have gotten more than one unsuitable product.
My list contains the best swimming goggles for kids, numbering up to 19. Before delving into the full reviews, take a look at the quick comparison table I’ve made available for you.
Reviews of the Best Swimming Goggles for Kids
Having a good pair of swimming goggles is synonymous to having top-notch protection when swimming. There are many goggles but only a few of them will fit so well. Our precious little ones deserve the best possible protection in the water. Here are the detailed reviews of the top 19 best swimming goggles for kids.
Aegend Kids Swim Goggles
(Best Overall – Editor’s Choice)
The Aegend brand is quite popular in the swimming gear market. They have a number of products with good customer reviews. These kids swim goggles from them is another fantastic product from them. It is an outdoor goggle for children of ages 3 to 12.
Your child should have no issues with selection since there are up to 20 colors to pick from. The product offers great aesthetics enough to win your child’s heart. It is beautiful and can present your kid like a superstar.
The goggles are one of the most versatile on my list as it can be used for competitions and training. Despite its price, it is a decent product to have for your child.
The lenses are mirrored and impact-resistant, hence, your child should be using the goggles for a long time. They are also made fog-resistant whilst also protecting your child from glare and harmful UVA and UVB rays. With this type of wide, quality lenses, your child will enjoy a wide 180-degree view underwater.
The frame sits comfortably on your child’s face with the aid of high-quality silicone cushioning. The silicone gaskets also act as a barrier, preventing the leak. The eyecups (frame) are held firmly together by a sturdy but flexible nosepiece.
Despite the price tag, it comes with a storage case and a 12-month guarantee.
- It comes in many colors, up to 20.
- It comes with a storage case
- The manufacturer places a 12-month guarantee on the product.
- It is designed for high performance.
- It flaunts a stylish look.
- It doesn’t fog up, courtesy of the anti-fog coating.
- It comes with a consistent silicone gasket that keeps the goggles leak-proof and comfortable.
- It is the heaviest goggles on my list, weighing about 6 ounces.
- It might be bulky for some kids.
You May Like: 19 Best Water Shoes for Toddlers and Kids
HOOLRO Kids Swim Goggles
Are you looking for a stylish pair of goggles for your child? See the HOOLRO Kids Swim goggles. These goggles are designed for outdoor conditions. The goggles have got class, durability, and superior aesthetics, posing as probably the best swimming goggles. It has a rugged build and it is capable of withstanding frequent use.
Right from the lenses, the product screams quality. As expected of a good training goggle, the lenses are made from quality polycarbonate. With the HOOLRO kids swim goggles, your child can see a wide area of vision without bending or turning. The goggles come with the mirrored type of lenses, making it suitable for outdoor use.
The lenses offer superior protection to your champ’s eyes. It comes with durable anti-fog coatings on both lenses. Also, they stop harmful rays (UVA and UVB) from reaching your child’s eyes.
The goggles come with straps made from silicone. Unlike the goggles from Speedo, this goggle comes with only one buckle which is positioned at the rear. Although it is not easy to reach like those on the sides, it is user-friendly and easy to adjust.
Although not as much as some products on my list, these goggles are available in two colors – blue and black. Interestingly, the manufacturer places a money-back guarantee on this product.
- It flaunts an exceptional design with great aesthetics.
- The goggles provide great hydrodynamics.
- The product comes with a money-back guarantee.
- It comes with soft silicone gaskets, UV protection, and anti-fog coating.
- The lenses are shatter-proof.
- The goggles offer a wide angle of vision.
- The strap and buckle are user-friendly, hence, they are easy to adjust.
- It doesn’t work well in low light conditions.
- The goggles do not come with a storage case. You will have to buy one.
See Also: 17 Best Baby Swimsuits
Malmsten AB Original Swedish Swim Goggles
These goggles come from a popular brand, Malstem. At the same time, it has a design similar to many racing goggles in the market. It gives your child the chance to pose as the nest swimming superstar. It doesn’t offer many features but its low profile design makes it captivating.
Of course, it is a low profile swimming goggle for racing, the frame bears two eyecups. The eyecups are held together by a sturdy nose bridge. The nose bridge offers decent flexibility and allows the goggles to wrap around your child’s face.
The lenses are narrow, allowing your child to focus on his or her track. It has anti-fog and UV protection. The goggles come with a strap but never with a buckle, hence, you have to tie the strap to keep it in place.
The product is lightweight and pocket-friendly. Impressively, it is also approved by FINA. However, the lenses do not come with gaskets. Therefore, prolonged usage may cause discomfort.
- It is lightweight.
- It is approved by FINA.
- It comes with UV protection.
- It is ideal for racing, hence, it is low-profile and streamlined for better hydrodynamics.
- It is pocket-friendly.
- It is available in seven different colors.
- It comes with no gasket and can become uncomfortable if worn for long.
- It doesn’t come with a buckle.
COOLOO Kids Swim Goggles
(Best for 10-Year-Old)
Interestingly, you will be getting two pair of goggles when you buy the COOLOO Kids Swim goggles. The most interesting part is that; you get them at a very cheap price. I must tell you, you should not judge the capability of these goggles from its price.
Yes, you get two goggles in the pack. A pair with mirrored lenses for outdoor functions and another with clear lenses that your child can use for indoor swimming. Mind-blowing right? The goggles can be used for training and competitions.
Starting from the lenses, they are made from polycarbonate and shaped into curves. With the goggles, your child can see the pools at wide angles in a crystal clear vision. They are made to also offer your child premium protection.
Your child, wearing the goggles, won’t bump into other swimmers, thanks to the anti-fog property of the lenses. Also, the lenses are coated with UV400 layers to keep your child safe from UV rays. Also, the goggles are impact-resistant, which ensures the longevity of the goggles.
Frame, borne out of polycarbonate, is cushioned on the inside to prevent it from digging into your child’s face. The leak-proof fit is made assured by the silicone straps attached to the frame. The straps, intriguingly, are kept firm by the easy-to-use buckle positioned at the rear of the goggles.
To cap it up, the goggles come with nose clips, earplugs, and a 12-month guarantee.
- It comes with nose clips and a pair of earplugs.
- The product comes with a 12-month guarantee.
- The straps are easy to adjust and the buckle is easy to open or close.
- It is available in nine colors.
- The product is affordable.
- It comes with two pairs of goggles in the pack.
- It comes with anti-fog lenses with 100 percent UV protection.
- It doesn’t come with a storage case.
Speedo Junior Vanquishers 2.0 Swim Goggles
(Best for Competition)
The Speedo Junior Vanquisher 2.0 is a decent racing swim goggle for your kid. The eyecups are made to fit in the inner eye which explains why it is branded a low-profile goggle. With its low profile design, it offers the best performance for racing, providing less drag.
The appearance of the goggles is particularly striking. I can bet that the reflection from the goggles will attract your kid to this product. Yes, the lenses are the mirrored type, aimed at protecting your child’s eyes. It not only protects your kids from glare inside water, but it also protects them from direct sunlight both in and outside water.
The lenses are narrow which is beneficial as it allows your kids to focus on their own race. However, it is still wide enough to allow a 25-percent panoramic view of the water. The lenses also come with anti-fog properties that keep water from blurring your child’s vision.
Asides all these, the product is made from non-allergenic materials such as latex. No itching, no red eyes. It comes in 4 colors and with efficient seals. Together with the colorful design and sturdy build, you can be sure your child will enjoy the best swimming experience with this goggle.
- It comes with 4 different sizes of nose bridges which can be interchanged to suit your kid.
- The swimming goggle is a low profile type, making it great for racing.
- The lenses are mirrored to protect your kid from glare in water and direct sunlight.
- It comes with soft seals that skin-friendly.
- It offers superior UV protection.
- It is equipped with the anti-fog feature.
- It comes in 4 beautiful colors.
- It does not come with a storage case.
Hurdilen Kids Swim Goggles
(Best with Nose Clips)
The Hurdilen Kids swim goggles are a worthy mention when it comes to the best swimming goggles for kids. They are a combo of style and durability. It is one of the most attractive and yet budget-friendly goggles on my list. Children of ages 6 to 14 can use the goggles for both professional swimming and training.
Everything about the goggles justifies its inclusion in my list. Every part of the goggle is made from non-hypoallergenic and skin-friendly materials, polycarbonate and silicone. Not just ordinary build materials but high-quality materials that can withstand daily use and harsh conditions.
Taking a look at the polycarbonate frame, one will be quick to conclude it’s of high quality. Perhaps the reason for its heavyweight. The frame accommodates two wide, curved, mirrored lenses and double silicone cushions on around each eyecup. The nose piece is improved to ensure comfort.
The strap is of the double type which is rounded up at both ends with easy-to-use, fast-fit buckle. Although it is positioned at the back, it can be easily buckled or unbuckled by your child.
The lenses come with anti-fog properties that are tested and trusted. They are made from durable optical-grade polycarbonate, hence, they are anti-shatter. The goggles are wide enough to offer your child a panoramic view in water. Additionally, it comes with anti-glare and premium UV protection.
The goggles are available in various colors, up to five. On buying the goggles, your child also gets two nose clips, earplugs, a storage case, and a money-back guarantee.
- It offers a wide field of vision underwater.
- It comes with a double layer silicone seal.
- It comes with a money-back guarantee.
- It comes with nose clips, earplugs, and a storage case.
- It flaunts a Unisex design.
- It is available in five different colors.
- It is fairly budget-friendly.
- The goggles are heavy.
Frogglez Kid Swim Goggles
(Best BPA-free Swim Goggles)
If you are looking for a birthday present for your child, you can check out the Frogglez kid swim goggles. It is available in three colors, giving your child options to pick from. The goggle is quite distinct from other goggles on my list. It is designed for kids from ages 3 to 6.
The most unique feature in the goggle is its strap design. It is a split strap design made from neoprene. Of course, it is patented and you may not find it in other goggles. The strap doesn’t tangle with your child’s hair, rather, it packs into one position.
The goggle is constructed from non-allergenic materials. The lenses are impact-resistant and barely fogs if used correctly. Comfort level with the goggles seem high, thanks to the soft silicone gaskets it possesses in the inside of its frame.
- It comes with a patented strap that involves no pulling of your child’s hair.
- The product is free from lead, latex, and phthalates.
- It is equipped with soft silicone gaskets.
- It is easy to put on.
- It is lightweight.
- It is available in three colors.
- You need to buy a storage case for the goggles.
- The nose bridge is not interchangeable.
Baby Ski Banz Swimming Goggles
(Best Swim Mask for Kids)
The Baby Ski Banz swimming goggles are another rugged product included in my list. It is quite attractive with a robust build. The goggles offer more versatility and can be used for more function asides swimming. Your child can also use the goggles for skiing and even sledding.
This master craft is in the best position to provide The goggles flaunt a sleek, sporty design that is available in three colors – blue for your boy, pink for your girl and black for anyone. From the absence of a flexible nose bridge, it is obvious the goggles are the mask type. They are guaranteed to last long regardless of how much care your child gives it.
The lenses are joined together into a single shatter-proof lens and it is interwoven into a waterproof, semi-flexible frame. The lens is double-vented such that it acts as a thermal barrier. It is also orange-colored to provide quality vision. For protection, the goggles use the P80 anti-fog coating and UV protective layers.
The frame is constructed from durable polycarbonate, hence, it has what it takes to tolerate various conditions. The inside of the frame comes with silicone padding which ensures comfort and leak-proof. Attached to the frame is a silicone strap, it guarantees stability on your child’s face with the help of its rear-positioned easy-to-use buckle.
As a plus, a storage case is included in the pack.
- The goggles are available in three colors.
- The frame is made from polycarbonate for durability.
- The lenses offer a panoramic view of the water.
- The lenses are designed to protect your child from harmful ultraviolet rays and glare.
- The goggles are suitable for indoor conditions.
- It barely fogs during use, thanks to its P80 anti-fog coating.
- It is versatile and can be used for other activities apart from swimming.
- It comes with a storage case.
- It will not sit properly on smaller faces/heads.
Aqua Sphere Vista Junior Swim Goggles
(Best for Toddlers)
Here is another product from Aqua, a combination of craftsmanship and aesthetic. It is a low profile goggle made to stay streamlined with your body. It is one of the attractive goggles you will find on my list. At the same time, it is one of the lightest goggles. It features on this list based on a number of the appealing attributes it possesses.
Nothing feels so good than having the clearest vision using your goggles. The Aqua Sphere Vista Junior Swim goggles come with crystal clear lenses that are resistant to scratches and marks even if mishandled. The lenses are the colored type and ideal for low-light conditions.
The lenses are curved, allowing your child to have a view as wide as 180 degrees in the water. They also feature important safety features such as anti-fog and UV-protection. As a plus, the lenses are shatter-proof and should last long.
Having a strong suction is important in ensuring that the goggles remain leak-proof. To ensure that, the manufacturer has included a sturdy strap and silicone gaskets on the inside of the frame. The straps are elastic enough to keep maintain the suction. Importantly, the tension in the strap can be adjusted on either side with the user-friendly side clips.
- The goggles are colorful and appealing to children.
- It offers a wide field of vision, thanks to the featured curved lenses.
- The lenses are designed for indoor swimming and poorly lit pools.
- It comes with a design that helps to eliminate pressure on your eye sockets whilst still being leak-proof.
- It has anti-fog and UV protection properties.
- The buckles are located sideways for easy access.
- Storage case included.
- The nose bridge is not interchangeable, hence, some faces may experience issues with getting it to fit.
TYR Character HappyFish Swim Goggles
(Best for 1-Year-Old)
Purchasing products made from reputable brands gives you some level of confidence. Interestingly, TYR products are exceptional. They are known for great aesthetics, durability, and longevity. Your kid will be very happy to have another fantastic product, the Character HappyFish swim goggles, from them.
The goggles offer some decent features that qualify it to be on my list. The goggles are designed for your toddlers (ages 1 to 3). Everything used to manufacture doesn’t include latex so it is safe to use by any child at any time.
In terms of design, the goggles are a low profile design that sits on the inner eye. This way, the goggles provide better hydrodynamics. Of course, your champ won’t be doing any professional swimming or training but it gives your baby that unique look of a star.
With this product, you do not have to worry about the size of your baby’s face. The nose bridge can be changed with any of the three other nose bridges included in the pack. The nose bridges are of different sizes.
The lenses are made from high-grade polycarbonate with an excellent optical rating. They are also equipped with anti-fog and UV protection features. The lenses are also capable of withstanding rough handling by your adventurous toddler. The most intriguing aspect of the product is its lightweight.
- It offers great hydrodynamics, thanks to a low-profile design.
- The product is 100 percent free of latex.
- It comes with interchangeable nose bridges.
- The lenses guarantee you full protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- The lenses are made from high-grade polycarbonate that makes it shatter-resistant.
- It comes from a reputable brand.
- The product is not available in many colors.
Speedo Junior Hydrospex Print Swim Goggles
When you have the Speedo Junior Hydrospex Print swim goggles, you have the best vision underwater. Your youngster, with these goggles, has the opportunity to showcase his swimming skill under a nice swimming experience. The product is designed to cater to the needs of children between the ages of 6 to 14.
The goggles come in a colorful appearance. It is available in 5 colors such that your kid has the luxury of picking what appeals to them most. The swimming goggles have an outer eye fit that sits snugly on your face. You can count on the goggles for reliability; it is leak-proof.
Most parts are made from polycarbonate, especially the frame and lenses. This polycarbonate material is of high quality and durable. That polycarbonate material used for the lenses are of the optical rating, however, other parts such as the strap and gasket are made from silicone. The goggles come assembled in one piece.
The strap is a split type that is fitted with two clips on both sides. It is easy and quick to adjust. The lenses offer superior protection to harmful UV rays. At the same time, the lenses are resistant to fog development which ensures you enjoy full-time quality vision.
- It is built to sit on small and narrow faces.
- It comes with a split strap which sheds pressure from your head.
- The lenses come with UV protection and anti-fog features.
- It comes in one piece i.e. assembled.
- It made from PVC and silicone, but never with latex.
- The entire goggles are lightweight.
- It is available in 5 colors.
- The nose piece may hurt on some faces.
- The nose piece may not be able to stand daily use.
Speedo Skoogles Kids Swim Goggles
Finally, your child has got the opportunity to become the next superstar, probably Michael Phelps. With the Speedo Skoogles kids swim goggles, your child can move from the beginner level to the professional level. The goggles fit on the faces of kids between the ages of 3 and 8. The frame and lenses are extra-durable and can manage harsh handling by your kids.
In terms of aesthetics, the goggles come in a three-color theme that comes in 8 different color themes. The lenses maintain one color in all designs but the color of the strap varies. In a nutshell, the entire goggles are attractive and our kids should love it.
The goggles are not one of those that snap at the back since the strap comes with two clips positioned on the sides of the strap. These clips are easy to remove, even in a few minutes. The straps are flat enough to keep pressure away from your head and also to prevent hair tangling. Interestingly, the strap is very elastic and, yet, not made from latex.
The eyecups form a very good vacuum, thanks to the excellent soft silicone gaskets. The silicone gaskets also offer some bit cushioning to your face. The lenses are made from strong polycarbonate and sit firmly in the frame. To protect the eyes of your kids, they come with UV protection and anti-fog.
- The goggles are available in 8 colors.
- The product comes with no latex part.
- The lenses are equipped with UV protection and anti-fog properties.
- It comes with a soft, comfortable frame.
- The goggles come with two clips on the sides. The clips can be speedily removed with ease.
- The lenses are middle eye fit and it offers a nice fit on many faces.
- The goggles may burn or itch during your first time of use.
- The strap may break under heavy use.
Speedo Junior Vanquisher Optical Swim Goggles
And again there is another Speedo product on my list, the Junior Vanquisher Optical swim goggles. Yes, don’t be surprised. Speedo has been committed to improving the swimming experience of both young and old. The company rolls out different products not limited to swim goggles alone but within the swimming gear category.
This product, the Junior Vanquisher, is a testament to their quality and commitment. This goggle is designed for racing and it does excellently well in that regard. The frame, lenses, strap, and gaskets are made durable to withstand racing activities.
With the inner eye fit, the entire goggle comes in the low profile design. This makes it the best “speeding” goggle to maximize your thrust as it contributes a very small amount of drag. The gaskets are leak-proof. It is also soft enough to prevent the hard durable frame from digging into your kid’s eye sockets.
The eyecups are connected by a removable nose bridge. The product comes with three more nose bridges of different sizes which allows you to adjust the goggles to the child’s size. The parts of this product are either made from silicone or PVC. This implies that your kid is safe from any allergic reaction.
- It comes with 4 different sizes of nose pieces.
- Hydrodynamic; it generates less drags when swimming.
- It comes with great cushioning, thanks to its soft silicone seals.
- It is designed for competitions.
- The lenses are coated with both anti-fog and UV-protection layers.
- It made purely from PVC and Silicone which are non-allergenic.
- It should not be used outdoors on sunny days.
- It may snap under heavy use.
- It is not available in many colors.
TYR Kids SwimShades Mirrored Swim Goggles
Here is one of the best swimming goggles for recreation. Your child should love to have this even at first sight. It will be a good choice if your child’s intent is to employ it for recreation. The TYR Kids SwimShades Mirrored swim goggles have the style, comfort, and durability to fit into that category.
The SwimShades comes in an attractive color blend, just like a rainbow, on the strap and lenses. The colorful lenses can be advantageous, helping to reduce glare and light rays from bright sources. This, together with the anti-fog properties of the goggles, ensures that your kid’s eyes are properly protected.
Since it is a recreational swim goggle, you might probably want to use it for long periods. Therefore, it is equipped with every feature it needs to be good recreational goggles. The seals are made from soft silicone that keeps the goggles leak-proof all day long.
The goggle is made from hypoallergenic material such as plastic and silicone. While you use the goggles for long periods, the goggles stay mild on your skin.
The strap is a split type that keeps pressure from forming on your head. The strap is also tangle-free. It comes with a user-friendly buckle that comes off at the press of a button.
- It comes with an attractive appearance.
- It provides maximum protection to your eyes.
- It works fine for recreational swimming and can be used for long hours.
- It comes with wide lenses that translate to a wide field of vision in water.
- The build materials are hypoallergenic and durable.
- The goggles have anti-fog property and UV protection.
- It doesn’t come with a storing case.
- It is not available in many colors.
Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swim Goggles
(Best for Indoor Swimming)
The Aqua Sphere is probably the best swimming goggles for kids on my list. It is designed to provide much confidence to your kid while he or she steps into the pool. Your kid should be all smiles when putting on the goggles. It is a decent swim goggle for indoor and poor lit conditions.
Your kid gets to enjoy all-round comfort with the goggles. The frame is made from plastic which is very durable and, surprisingly, flexible. The flexible frame does well to wrap around your kid’s face, helping the goggles to maintain a watertight vacuum around their faces. Importantly, it doesn’t dig into their faces to form marks.
The frame is lined with a silicone gasket which improves comfort and ensures it remains leak-proof. The gasket keeps the flexible frame from hurting your face. The frame is held on the head by a sturdy silicone strap that is flat and doesn’t tangle with your hair. The straps can be adjusted with two simple side buckles.
Built into the frame are two lenses that are made from high-quality optical-grade polycarbonate. The lenses are shatter-resistant and scratch-proof which are just the ideal characteristics you desire in your kid’s goggles.
- The lenses are wide and capable of giving you 180 degrees wide field of view.
- The goggles are shaped to provide exceptional hydrodynamics.
- To protect your child’s eyes, the lenses are treated to provide clear vision under full protection from UV rays.
- It can be used indoors or in poorly lit conditions.
- It comes with side buckles that are easy to adjust in no time.
- It has a double strap that splits after wearing. This ensures proper fitting without placing much force on your head.
- It comes with a storage case.
- It doesn’t come with an adjustable nose bridge. Hence, some faces may not fit in properly.
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Junior Swim Goggles
(Best for Low-Light Pools)
Swimming is made easy, your child has got the Aqua Sphere Kayenne innovation in the market. The swimming goggle is a product of research, superior design, and craftsmanship. Of course, it is a good choice. But before you set out to purchase these swim goggles, you need to know some of its features.
Using these goggles, your child can enjoy crystal clear vision in water. The lenses are coated on the inside with anti-fog layers that keep water creating blurry vision. In another case, the exterior is also treated to prevent UVA and UVB from reaching your eyes. The lenses are also colored to help create manage the color of light entering your eyes.
The goggles come with a unique feature, the curved lenses. This feature means that your child has the possibility of seeing a 180-degree wide-angle of vision. Interestingly, this feature is patented. Additionally, there is a little occurrence of distortion and hydrodynamics of the entire goggles is exceptional.
It is designed in such a way that the frame sits on four points on your eye socket, especially on the outer eye. The low profile goggles feature EZ Adjust clip, a micro-metric strap buckle, perfectly streamlined into the design of the goggles.
- The frame of the goggles is flexible and durable.
- It comes with a storage case.
- It comes with the curved lens feature.
- The goggles are constructed to provide 100 percent UVA and UVB protection.
- The lenses are scratch-resistant, shatter-resistant and fog-resistant.
- It is a very good product for indoor and low-light conditions, thanks to its blue lenses.
- The lenses are made to be anti-glare.
- It is available in 6 colors.
- The goggle is not ideal in bright light or sunny days.
Aqua Sphere Moby Kid Swim Goggles
(Best with User-Friendly Buckles)
The Aqua Sphere Moby Kid swim goggles is another decent swim goggle to include in the list of the best swimming goggles for your kid. They are designed for children ages 2 to 6. It is a middle eye fit type that does not dig into your face and doesn’t strain your kid’s eye sockets.
Although it doesn’t come with curved lenses, they are wide enough to permit your child a reasonable field of view. The lenses are anti-fog, scratch-proof and shatter-proof. These attributes it has got from its high-quality optical-grade polycarbonate build material.
The lenses provide your kid with 100 percent UV protection. The lenses are colored and designed to offer a quality vision in low light.
The buckles of the goggles are two in number and very easy to loosen or tighten. They are positioned on the sides, allowing your child to put it on without your help. The strap is a split type that doesn’t tangle with your hair.
There are many colors available for your child to pick from. Although not as much, but it is a fair number. The gaskets and other parts are made from non-allergenic materials, making it safe for your child. It comes with a storage case.
- Your child has many color options to pick from.
- It comes with a storage case.
- The goggle is easy to remove or take off.
- The lenses are scratch-proof and shatter-proof.
- It has two adjustable buckles located on the sides of the goggles which allows easy access.
- It is made from hypoallergenic materials.
- It doesn’t come with interchangeable nose bridges.
- No warranty included.
Disney Frozen Swimming Goggles
This product is for kids who are fans of Frozen and Disney. It is one of the cheapest swimming goggles on my list. Interestingly, it is also the lightest pair of goggles. Despite its low price tag, it does come with a number of intriguing features. The goggles are a great option for light use and racing in indoor pools.
This goggle is designed to accommodate the faces of children of ages 4 to 8. The lenses in this product are positioned in two separate eyecups. These eyecups are fitted with silicone gaskets to create suction and a watertight vacuum that prevents water from reaching your eyes.
The lenses, which are of the uncolored type, have the anti-fog property and UV protection treatment. They are made from anti-shatter and capable of withstanding mishandling by your child.
Impressively, the lenses have some Disney characters etched into the lenses. This is innovative and would definitely appeal to your child. These lenses are small and narrow, therefore, they are best used for racing,
The goggles are quite easy to put on. The straps are made out of silicone and tensioned with a simple buckle. The entire product is made from non-allergenic materials.
- It is budget-friendly.
- It is lightweight.
- It comes with some features that appeal to children.
- It is made from hypoallergenic materials.
- It is ideal for racing in indoor pools.
- It doesn’t come with a storage case.
Babiators Submariners Kids Swim Goggles
(Best Swim Mask for Toddlers)
The Babiators Submariners Kids swim goggles take the form of a mask goggle. The product is durable, safe and perfect for kids from ages 3 to 7. It is a nice accessory to have for underwater excursions and can be used at the beach and bathtubs.
It is bulky, however, it is justified by the thick gasket it bears. The thick gasket provides the comfort you desire for your kid. The goggles do not come with a nose bridge, however, the lenses are joined into one piece. You shouldn’t expect much flexibility with this goggle.
The strap in this goggle is different from most goggles on my list. The strap, in the case, is wider and flat. It keeps pressure from forming on one point on your child’s head. This feature also helps to prevent hair tangling.
The strap is held firmly by a simple buckling system on both sides of the goggles. The buckles come with buttons that you can press to tighten or loosen the strap. Quite user-friendly. Your child should be able to adjust the goggles with no help from you.
The lenses come with anti-fog coatings and UV protection. Additionally, the product comes with a replacement program should it get damaged.
- Great comfort; the gasket is thick and soft.
- It comes with a replacement program in case of any damage.
- The strap is bigger, keeping pressure away from one part of your child’s head. It also helps to hold your child’s hair in one place.
- It comes with two easy-to-use side buckles.
- It is available in two colors – pink and blue.
- It comes with shatter-resistant lenses to stand up again rough handling by your child.
- The lenses provide 100 percent protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- It doesn’t offer much flexibility since there is no nose bridge.
Picking the Best Swimming Goggles for Kids
I’ve have made a lot of emphasis on the importance of swimming goggles to swimmers. The protection and comfort they offer. Talk about aesthetics too. In a nutshell, it contributes to your child’s swimming experience.
Except by luck, you won’t just stumble on the best goggles. On getting to the market, you will notice the presence of several swimming goggles in the market. There are good ones just like there are bad ones. There are suitable ones and there are unsuitable ones too.
In the end, it all boils down to your ability to spot the best swimming goggles for your Kids. Even with prior knowledge and experience, you might find it difficult to pick the best for you. As a first-timer, you might not know what to consider when making your choice.
Asides the price of a product, there are some things you need to know. I’ve got some important tips and ideas I’d like to share. Below are some things to consider.
Age of Your Child
Swimming Goggles are available in several shapes and sizes. There are bigger ones for adults and smaller ones for children. Although the goggles are mostly the one-size-fits-all, your child should be able to get his or her choice.
Obviously, small children will need small goggles and the older ones will need something bigger. Most goggles for children have two common age ranges, 3 to 6 and 6 – 14. There are some goggles designed for children less than 3 years.
Considering your child’s age ensure that you pick the most comfortable goggles. Comfort levels of goggles decrease with the age bracket.
Goggles are available in different types – recreation, competition, and training goggles. They all come with their advantages and disadvantages. Picking a competition goggle for your child for training will really hinder his progress. He is definitely going to have issues with comfortability.
Furthermore, the size of the goggles varies from type to type. If your child will be signing for swimming tutoring, then the training goggles will be best. If your child is going for a competition, the competition goggles will do justice to that. In short, make sure you pick the most suitable goggles for your child’s needs.
There are various types of lenses but the difference is always in the color. Lenses vary in a bid to cater for the difference in light quality and intensity.
Dark lenses are best for outdoor functions. Alternatively, the light-colored lenses are suitable for indoor activities where there is little light. The clear lenses work best in dark areas and the mirrored goggles in sunny conditions.
Added Features of the Goggles
There are a lot of features that can come with goggles. There are basic features as well as additional features. The basic features include the lenses, frame, gasket, and straps.
Newer goggles now come with straps, dual buckles, nose clips, and earplugs. These features can be added benefits to buying a particular product. After ascertaining the quality of the goggle, you can consider the extra features of the goggles.
You should also look out for protective features such as anti-glare, anti-fog and UV protection layers. Some goggles come with storage cases which may be just what you need to prolong its useful life.
Goggles are made from a number of materials such as rubber, silicone, polycarbonate, etc. You should always pick the safest and most comfortable for your child. Often times, the frames and lenses are made from polycarbonate while the gasket and the straps are from soft materials, either rubber or silicone.
Materials like rubber offer better comfort than silicone but they can trigger allergies. If your child is allergic to rubber, you have no choice but to opt for alternatives. Also, some materials used for the frame and lenses may be heavier or tougher, resulting in reduced comfort levels.
This is the last thing you should be considering. After every criterion has been checked, the aesthetics of the goggles come next.
Types of Swimming Goggles
Goggles are available in various shapes and designs to serve different purposes and adapt to different conditions. Swimming goggles differ in
- Light condition
- Special goggles.
Goggles have different functions. Most times, it is defined by the shape and size of the frame (entire goggles). The types of goggles are as follows:
- Recreational Goggles – This type of goggles are not designed for long periods of swimming. They are cheaper. Furthermore, they are more comfortable, hence, your child can wear it for a long period outside the water without feeling any strain. However, the anti-fog layers are not always as rugged as the others. As a result, they may fog up quickly.
- Competition Goggles – This type of goggles are often low profile. Most goggles in this category are the inner eye types. They constitute less drag, resulting in improved hydrodynamics. However, they are not as comfortable as the other types of goggles.
- Training Goggles – These types of goggles are capable of handling daily use. They are often of high quality. They come with greater sealing and are generally more comfortable. They can be used for longer periods. They are also called practice goggles.
- Mask – They are bulkier and heavier. They are suitable for diving and snorkeling. Most swim masks are comfortable, thanks to their soft gaskets.
See Also: 15 Best Swimming Snorkels
Visibility is important in swimming. Therefore, poor lighting or too much light may affect visibility. To solve issues related to light, goggles come with different lens colors. Below are some classifications of lens color.
- The clear (or uncolored lens) provides direct and undiluted vision just as you will see without your goggles. The colors seen are natural and undistorted. They are designed for indoor or dark pools.
- The mirrored lenses are also called metallic lenses. They are usually very attractive and shiny, resembling a mirror. They reflect the amount of light reaching your eyes. They are ideal for outdoor pools especially if you swim or practice under the sun. Their effectiveness is significantly lowered in poorly-lit pools.
- Dark-colored lenses are not mirrored but they are darker in color. They do not shield as much light as the mirrored lenses. They can be used in well-lit conditions which are not sunny.
- Light-colored Lenses are designed to enhance visibility by correcting color-related issues. They are good for indoor pools.
The special goggles are also called prescription goggles. They are the modified forms of swim goggles with lenses similar to your child’s glasses. They are for those with eye defects (short-sightedness and long-sightedness).
Maintaining Your Child’s Swimming Goggles
Finding a suitable pair of goggles for your child can be daunting. However, maintaining your swimming goggles is pretty simple. If you do not want to get to the market sooner, you should perform proper maintenance for your child’s goggles.
With good maintenance, you can increase its useful life. Below are some useful tips on how to maintain your child’s goggles.
- After every swimming session, always rinse the goggles in clean, fresh tap water. This will remove every dirt, germs, and chemical it may have accumulated from the pool. Chlorine, a chemical commonly used as a sanitizer in swimming pools, can be detrimental to your child’s goggles if left uncleaned. It can degrade the lenses, thus reducing its useful life.
- After rinsing the goggles, always place them in a cool dry place to dry. Drying helps to eliminate bad smells and mold growth.
- Never place dry under the direct sunlight. It may crack the screen, melt the gaskets or deteriorate the anti-fog properties. Similarly, never keep your goggles in areas of high temperature as it may degrade the goggles.
- When cleaning the lenses, do not use any alcohol-containing liquids. It may peel off the anti-fog layers.
- If your child’s goggles have lost its anti-fog, you can repair it by spraying with anti-fog sprays.
- Always wipe the goggles with a mild cloth and never with your hand or any cloth. This will help keep the anti-fog layers uncompromised.
- Always store the goggles in a cool dry place. For added protection, you can purchase a storage case.
Removing Marks and Scratches from Your Child’s Swimming Goggles
Regardless of the quality of a swim goggle, those little creatures can be annoying with the way they handle their goggles. They may scratch, abrade or even break them eventually. However, if it is scratches or marks you have on the goggles, here are some ways to remove them.
You will be needing a mild cloth, cellophane tape, abrasive paste, mild detergent, fine sandpaper, and a towel.
- Get a convenient place to do this.
- Clean the goggles by washing with the detergent. Rinse the goggles and dry with the cloth. The essence of mild cloth is to prevent further abrasion.
- Set the towel on a table and place the goggles on it with the lenses facing up.
- Use the cellophane tape to expose only the scratched areas.
- Put some abrasive paste on the exposed (scratched area).
- Gently drag the sandpaper in the exposed area. Do this only in one direction if you want a need work. Do this two or three times.
- Repeat the previous step if the scratches don’t disappear.
- Remove the cellophane tape. Wash the goggles, rinse and dry. Do not sun-dry.
Your child’s swimming goggles will not last forever. Most kids are playful and may not really care much for your goggles. This tutorial will help to maintain scratches, however, you should know that the goggles will eventually need a replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Swim Network Overview
Just like adults, there are swim caps and goggles for kids. Swimming goggles play an important role in protecting your child’s eyes whilst ensuring comfort. It is not about buying any goggle. You need to purchase the most suitable for your child.
This is why I have helped by researching the market and collating the best swimming goggles for kids. From my review, the Aegend kids swim goggles is the best overall while the HOOLRO kids swim goggles settles for the Runner Up. If you are looking for a pocket-friendly pair, the Malmsten AB Original Swedish swim goggles win. Kids in need of competitive goggles can go with Speedo Junior Vanquisher 2.0.
It is possible you are not interested in any of the products on my list. However, you now know what to look out for when buying a pair of goggles for your kids. If you can follow my buying guide, your child should be satisfied with what you eventually purchased.
Have you purchased any of the goggles on my list for your child? Do you have remarks or comments to make? Kindly drop them in the comments section below. You can also share this article with other parents and friends on Facebook or Twitter by clicking on the buttons below.