Gone are the days when you have to wear contacts underneath your swimming goggles. Swimming is now made easier for everyone with the advent of prescription goggles. No blurry vision underwater, no need for contact lenses, just your prescription goggles and you are good to go.
Just like the regular swimming goggles, prescription goggles are made by various brands. Therefore, when buying for yourself the best prescription goggles for swimming, you should expect some complexity during choice-making. Not every goggle will be the best fit for you.
If you are a beginner or a veteran swimmer looking for replacement prescription goggles, this is the best place to come. I have done thorough research on the market and picked out the top 15 best prescription goggles for swimming that you should consider.
See Also: Top 15 Best Swimming Snorkels
What Are Prescription Swimming Goggles?
After putting on your swimming cap and other parts of your gear, the goggles come last. They are very important in swimming. Goggles allow you to enjoy the best swimming experience with minimal discomfort.
Goggles protect your eyes from harmful rays of the sun. More importantly, it prevents your eyes from having direct contact with water while swimming. This keeps you safe from harmful chemicals and microorganisms in the water. It ensures you do not have a raccoon or itchy eyes.
Goggles are goggles. However, prescription goggles are slightly different. Before the advent of prescription goggles, people with eye defects will either stop swimming or use contacts under their goggles. The refractive property of water also doesn’t help matters as visions appear blurred while swimming.
Prescription goggles are a special type of goggles that eliminates the use of contacts in water. It gives hope to those with eye defects. If you are having eye defects, all you need to do is purchase the best for you.
Prescription goggles have their lenses specially modified even though they appear like normal glasses. They are not just plain lenses. These lenses have varying strength of dioptres to cater for both nearsighted and farsighted persons.
Which Are the Best Prescription Swimming Goggles?
I have sorted out the best prescription goggles for swimming. Goggles have their own uniqueness but here some of the top goggles you should look out for.
- Best Overall: Zionor RX Prescription Swim Goggles
“Durable, attractive, sturdy leak-proof gaskets and low-profile strap buckle.”
- Runner Up: Dr.B Optical Prescription Swim Goggles
“Stylish construction, quality molded optical lenses, and reliable silicone straps.”
- Best Budget: F&C Corrective Nearsighted Prescription Swim Goggles
“Attractive, flexible, comes with a pair of earplugs and user-friendly buckle.”
- Best for Beginners: AIKOTOO Prescription Swimming Goggles
“Skin-friendly, user-loving, equipped with earplugs, adjustable nose pieces, and a storage case.”
- Best for Kids: Aguaphile Junior Prescription Swimming Goggles
“Comfortable, mild on the skin, quality craftsmanship, comes with a split strap.”
- Best for Juniors: Speedo Junior Vanquisher Prescription Swimming Goggles
“Panoramic lenses, latex-free, adjustable nose bridge, has a low profile design.”
- Best for Adults: Splaqua Prescription Mirrored Swim Goggles
“Mirrored lenses, durable case, shatter-proof and scratch-resistant.”
Comparison Table on the Best Prescription Goggles for Swimming in 2019
Don’t give up on swimming! Don’t give up yet on shopping! Swimming is fun. Regardless of your eye condition, you can keep swimming. It’s prescription goggles to the rescue.
I have gone through the goggles market and sorted out the best prescription goggles you should start considering in 2019. I have 15 top-notch prescription goggles here. First, you should see a quick analysis of each product in the table below to aid your decision-making.
Top 19 Best Prescription Goggles for Swimming in 2019 – Detailed Reviews
Having an eye defect should not signal an end to swimming. You can get a pair of quality prescription goggles in the market. Of course, the market is filled with many products, making it difficult for enthusiasts (particularly first-timers) to make a choice.
Out of my love you, I have done your assignment for you. I have made available the best 15 prescription goggles you should consider. All you need now is read carefully and make your choice.
Zionor RX Prescription Swim Goggles
(Best Overall – Editor’s Choice)
Although not as popular as the preceding brands, products from Zionor are another class on its own. If you are looking for professional prescription goggles for swimming, this product is a great option. It is not as cheap as you may expect. On the other hand, it matches the profile of one of the best prescription goggles, hence its inclusion in my list.
With the quality of build materials used, the product offers a high level of durability and ruggedness that will surely be appealing to demanding swimmers. Even so, it offers great comfort just like one would expect in goggles.
The lenses are smoked/mirrored to help eliminate glare. Furthermore, the lenses are also coated with an anti-UV and anti-fog layer, keeping you from harmful rays of the sun and blurred vision. Regardless of your eyesight, you get a lot of options when it comes to the diopters available. A range of -2 to -7 diopters are all made available by the manufacturer.
The frames are strong and flexible. It also equipped with silicone gaskets which act as a cushion as well as a sealant. Additionally, it comes with a user-friendly strap that helps to keep the goggles firmly secured and watertight.
- The product is made from non-allergenic materials, silicone and PVC.
- It is available in a wide range of diopters from -2 to -7.
- The goggles are effectively kept waterproof with the non-toxic silicone seals on the inside of the frame.
- The frame is slightly flexible and can conform to the shape of your face.
- It offers comfort with the inclusion of the soft silicone cushioning material that doubles as a seal.
- The lenses are enhanced to keep you free from harmful rays of the sun.
- The lenses are also coated with anti-fog and mirror coatings.
- The lenses are available in one color.
- It does not come with nosepieces.
Dr.B Optical Prescription Swim Goggles
The DR B product is another perfect pair of prescription swim goggles for you. The product flaunts lenses that are mirrored and attractive which are available in 13 prescriptions. Vision using this product is superb. The lenses are constructed from high-grade polycarbonate material, making it capable of withstanding impact and scratch.
On the exterior of the lens, an anti-glare layer is added to protect your eyes from the bright light and reflections. Similarly, the interior of the lens is coated with an anti-fog layer that keeps water from building up thus preventing blurred vision. In a nutshell, you enjoy huge eye protection and clear vision.
The lenses are fitted into a polycarbonate frame and held altogether in the face using a double strap. After wearing the goggles, you can control the tension of the strap using the user-friendly strap positioned at the rear of your head.
For the sake of comfort, the frame does not have direct contact with your face. Instead, it is cushioned with a soft, skin-friendly material, silicone. The cushioning material also works to provide the needed suction to keep the goggles waterproof.
- The lenses are coated with mirror layers which help to reduce glare as well as the reflection of the sun.
- The lenses are available in 13 strengths of diopters.
- The nose pieces are interchangeable and easy to replace.
- The ruggedness of the frame, lens design and the inclusion of a sturdy carrying case makes it an ideal option for outdoor swimming.
- The goggles are kept tight on the face with a simple strap and user-friendly buckle.
- The lenses are treated with anti-fog materials to give you long hours of clear vision under water.
- It features a patented gasket type with flexible extended frame for the lenses which ensures a comfortable fit
- The gasket is soft and may not get a fixed grip on some faces.
F&C Corrective Nearsighted Prescription Swim Goggles
Goggles won’t be swim goggles if they do not prevent the direct contact of water with the eyes. The product is a perfect combination of aesthetics, class, and function. All things are perfect with this product as it shows that the manufacturer has invested much time into making it exceptional.
With this product, you should experience a top-notch view underwater. The lenses, made from optical grade polycarbonate, is well constructed to give you an undistorted view while swimming. It is curved and wide enough to provide you a panoramic view, allowing you to see every part of the pool ahead.
The lenses come with anti-glare, anti-fog and anti-UV features. They are the mirrored type. They are also available in various strengths staring from -2 to -8 diopters. The lenses are attached to each other with a durable nose piece.
Fortunately, the product offers some bit of customization in that aspect. It can be replaced to suit your face with other nose pieces in the pack. The silicone gasket does the work of keeping it leak-proof. It is soft enough to guarantee maximum comfort whilst still performing its “sealant” role effectively.
The product is designed for shortsighted persons and it does well in that regard. The strap is made from strong silicone material and can be adjusted by a user-friendly buckle positioned at the rear. Other features included in the product is a pair of earplugs.
- The lenses are super wide enough to provide you a panoramic view of the water.
- The product is customizable.
- The product is designed for shortsighted individuals.
- It comes with a pair of earplugs.
- It comes with nose pieces for better customization.
- Great cushioning on the eye socket and decent sealing ability.
- Stylish design.
- It cannot be used for deep diving or recreation.
- The bridge may be too hard thereby irritating the nose.
AIKOTOO Prescription Swimming Goggles
(Best for Beginners)
Right from the brand logo to the design of this product, you can be sure that the product is specially designed for active swimmers. It is readily available in various prescriptions from -1.5 to -6. It is designed to tolerate the refractive ability of water in a bid to give you a clear vision. In terms of aesthetics, it is classy.
Comfort seems like the watchword for the brand as it equips the product with a number of comfort-enhancing features. The straps are made of silicone and it performs a great job in keeping the goggles leak-proof. Since the goggles must stay tight and may strain your face, high caliber silicone gaskets are fixed on the inside of the frame to provide maximum cushioning.
The product is skin-friendly as it is made from non-allergenic materials such as silicone. The lenses are made from polycarbonate which makes it impact-resistant and scratch-proof. Importantly, it offers a wide viewing angle to its users.
As a plus, the goggles available in different sizes as well as various colors of lenses and frames. It also comes with a stylish storage bag, earplugs, and extra nose pieces.
- The frame offers a comfortable feel on the skin around the eyes, thanks to the soft silicone gaskets that also keeps the goggles leak-proof.
- The strap is made from silicone that effectively secures the goggles on your face.
- Every part of the goggles is made from silicone-free materials.
- The lenses are coated with anti-glare and mirror coating on the exterior and anti-fog layers on the interior.
- The lenses are impact-resistant and scratch-proof.
- Ergonomic design. The goggles wrap around the face sleekly.
- It is available in different sizes and colors.
- It comes with a stylish storage bag, earplugs, and extra nose pieces.
- It is not a great option for an indoor pool.
- Not good for deep diving.
Aguaphile Junior Prescription Swimming Goggles
(Best for Kids)
Need something great for your kid? You might start considering the Aguaphile Junior Prescription Swimming Goggles. The goggles are made to offer your kid quality vision and protection while in water. Your kids deserve goggles that offer great comfort on their faces. A secret which the manufacturer knows about and implemented in this product.
It is a great option for kids from 3 years upwards. The frame is made from rugged materials that can tolerate any mishandling by your kid. Even if your kid will practice every day, it can withstand the impact.
Even the lenses are made so strong. They are made from optical-grade polycarbonate into clear lenses that will allow your kids to see clearly in indoor and outdoor pools. The lenses not just offer clearer vision but also provides a wide, undistorted field of vision.
The build materials are skin-friendly and non-allergenic but you need to rinse carefully and properly before you wear on your kid. The goggles are made available in different diopters such that your kid can get into the pool without having to wait for custom builds.
For better swimming experience, the goggles are enhanced to provide properties such as UV protection and anti-fog. While you purchase the goggle, you are also entitled to benefits such as a replacement guarantee and an absolute lifetime refund.
- It comes with a replacement guarantee and lifetime refund (unconditional).
- The lenses offer a broad peripheral vision.
- It offers a great feel on your kid.
- The build materials are skin-friendly and non-allergenic.
- It is available in a number of prescriptions (-2 to -8)
- The lenses are improved to showcase anti-fog and anti-UV properties.
- Impressive design.
- Not the best option for wide faces.
- Might itch at the first time of use.
See Also: 19 Best Swimming Goggles for Kids
Speedo Junior Vanquisher Prescription Swimming Goggles
(Best for Juniors)
Your kids are not left out of the fun. Thanks to the Speedo, your kid can now swim all day long with a clear vision. The Speedo Junior Vanquisher is the best buy for your kid as it allows your kid to swim swiftly with adequate protection. It offers quality and comfort.
The Speedo brand name is now found on many swimming gears owned by swimmers, young and old. Your kid can also enjoy these products by starting with these goggles. It’s got a low-profile design that is sleek on the face. It fits into the inner eye and allows a panoramic view.
The product is designed to be safe for your kid as it comes with latex-free materials. It is made for children from the ages 6 to 14. Quite fair! Your child should use it for a while before switching to the Speedo’s adult sizes.
Children are more tender than adults so they need products that will offer maximum comfort. Thankfully, the Junior Vanquisher is fitted with cushioning made from silicone. Impressively, the silicone cushioning also acts as a seal, keeping the goggles waterproof.
When it comes to customization, it is equipped with four nose pieces. You only need to switch the nose piece to suit your face. The lenses, made from PVC just like the frame, are fitted with anti-fog and anti-UV layers.
- Made for children between the ages of 6 to 14.
- It comes with seals made from soft silicone which also acts cushioning against your kid’s eye sockets.
- It is equipped with 4 nose pieces.
- It is latex-free.
- It offers a corrective and panoramic view.
- It comes with anti-fog lenses which also provide UV protection.
- Works decently for training and competitive swimming.
- It comes with a durable PVC frame and lenses.
- Children with wide faces may find it difficult to keep it waterproof.
Splaqua Prescription Mirrored Swim Goggles
(Best for Adults)
If you do not wear the Splaqua prescription goggles, you won’t know it is designed for individuals with eye defects. From the appearance of the goggles, you would have forgotten it’s a prescription pair. It offers many aesthetics that will keep you glued when shopping. The design is top-notch and will definitely compliment your swim gear.
When it comes to the important part, the lenses, are made from optical-rating polycarbonate that is clean and clear enough to give you an undiluted view in water. Alongside the quality view, the lenses are sturdy and can withstand impact.
The lenses are coated with anti-glare and anti-fog layers. These features significantly influence your movement under water regardless of the length of your swimming session. Each lens is also layered with anti-UV coatings to protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays A and B.
To help the goggles stay firm in your face, a strap made from soft silicone is affixed to the frame. This strap doesn’t irritate your skin nor tangles with your hair. The strap is also fixed with a user-friendly buckle that helps to maintain tension and suction needed to keep it leak-proof.
In the aspect of design, the frame is quite attractive but it is the lenses that appeal most. The lenses appear like a reflective metallic mirror that looks beautiful to many. When you buy the Splaqua prescription goggles, you get a pair of earplugs and a storage case for your goggles.
- Beautiful and colorful: it comes with an attractive mirrored lens.
- The lenses are made available in diopters with strengths ranging from -1.5 to -10.
- The lenses are designed with features such as anti-fog, anti-UV and anti-glare.
- It comes with free earplugs.
- It is equipped with a storage case.
- May not be the best option in poorly lit pools.
Speedo Vanquisher Prescription Swim Goggles
(Best for Training)
So I will be starting the reviews with a product from a reputable brand, Speedo. Speedo has been one of the brands at the forefront when it comes to swimming gears. It is low-profile swimming goggles with all the functionality, performance and safety you need. It is versatile and will work nicely for both training and competitive purposes.
The corrective lens is made from polycarbonate just like the frame of the goggles itself. This gives it the durability and ruggedness, making it capable of withstanding harsh conditions. The frame is made to fit sleekly on your inner eye.
The lenses are wide enough and will allow you to see a panoramic view while underwater. You will be able to see without turning your neck, just your turning your eyes will do. The straps are doubled and to ensure the integrity of the goggles underwater.
While the straps may seem too tight, pressing the frame into your eye socket, the manufacturer added a feature. Silicone gaskets are attached to the inner of the goggles to provide comfort and cushioning thus preventing pains in your socket.
It comes with protective features such as Ultraviolet protection and anti-fog to keep you in the advantage while swimming. The lenses are also available in 4 colors – grey, clear, black and smoke. The goggles also offer some bit of customization as it comes with 4 nose pieces and a strap adjuster.
- It offers a wide panoramic view.
- It is made of Silicone and PVC. Hence, it is latex-free.
- It offers better customization as it comes with 4 nose pieces.
- It can be used by adults and children.
- It offers protection to the eyes as it comes with anti-UV layers.
- It comes with anti-fog layers.
- It can be used for training and competitions.
- Due to the low profile of the goggles, the cups may not sit properly on wide faces.
TYR Corrective Optical Prescription Swim Goggles
(Best with Panoramic View)
From the brand to the appearance of the product, you should be running through your purse now. Yeah. It goes beyond a corrective optical solution, it is quite fashionable. It is more like you are paying for many things in one product. So what are those things?
Taking a look at the low-profile design of the goggles, you will be convinced it is the best for you. The lenses are just wide enough to provide you with the best panoramic view.
Impressively, the lenses are strong and durable as they are made from quality optical-grade polycarbonate. The lenses are available in diopters starting from -2.0 to -8.0.
For the frame, it is super strong and a little flexible such that pushing into your face. You should not panic about painful eye sockets as it is equipped with silicone gaskets that keep it comfortable on you.
The silicone gaskets help to keep the goggles leak-proof as it also complements the split head-strap, providing you with comfort. The strap is also easy to adjust thanks to the snap-lock clips.
In terms of fashion, it fits sleekly on your face. It can be used for both recreational and competitive swimming.
- It can be used by professional and recreational swimmers.
- It comes with a durable split head-strap that can be adjusted easily with its snap-lock clips.
- The frames are well-cushioned to enhance comfort.
- The product is one-size-fits-all and can suit a wide range of faces.
- It offers a wide viewing angle.
- It comes from a reputable brand.
- It is available in two colors, however, it would have been better if there are more.
- It doesn’t come with nose pieces.
- It cannot be used in saltwater.
IST RX Prescription Swim Goggles
(Best Custom Prescription Goggles)
Do you say stylish? See the IST prescription goggle. Judging from the alluring appearance, you will be quick to conclude that the product is for professional swimmers only. Yes, you have great guessing prowess.
With the high-quality materials used to manufacture the lenses, frame, and strap, this product is perfectly made to suit your needs. The entire goggles are made from less reactive materials such that you do not worry about irritations.
One thing that makes this product a perfect addition is the ability to customize it to your needs. There are types of eye defects as well as various grades. You shouldn’t worry about been left out since the goggles are customizable. It even comes with adjustable nose pieces to further affirm its customizability.
You can easily detach the lenses in a few seconds and replace them with the best lenses for you. It can accommodate lenses for both short-sighted and long-sighted persons. In a nutshell, there is no excuse for blurry vision if you do not win the competition.
The frame is made from durable polycarbonate just like the lenses. It held perfectly to the face with the soft but tough silicone split straps. The lenses are anti-glare, anti-UV and anti-fog. It also comes with a storage box.
- The entirety of the goggles is made from hypoallergenic materials.
- The lenses and the frame are shatter-proof and scratch-resistant.
- The lenses shield you from harmful rays of the sun and glare.
- The inside of the lenses is coated with anti-fog layers.
- It comes with a safety box.
- The product is fully customizable. The lenses can be detached and replaced. The nose piece is adjustable.
- It comes with a split strap to secure the goggles on your head.
- The lenses are available in a wide range of diopters.
- The goggles come with anti-fog chemicals that can irritate the eyes. Hence, you need to rinse the goggles thoroughly and carefully.
Splaqua Clear Prescription Swim Goggles
(Best Clear-Lens Prescription Goggles)
Looking for a simple, yet effective prescription goggles for swimming? Do check out the Splaqua goggles. This will be the second product from this brand on my list. Don’t be surprised, it just affirms the quality being churned out by the manufacturer.
The product is a beautiful craft from Splaqua, fitting sleekly on your face. Thanks to its semi-flexible frame, it wraps well around the face. It is not like those bulky goggles. This one is exceptional, doesn’t weight too much and also doesn’t put pressure on your face.
With this product, you will always want to jump in the pool at any time. This is due to the comfort it offers its users. The inside of the goggles is tailored with soft silicone materials to act as gaskets whilst producing the much-needed comfort.
It absorbs the pressure which would have been loaded into your face, allowing you to smile perfectly after winning the competition. The lenses are made from polycarbonate and are the clear versions. They offer undistorted vision while you swim. The lenses are designed to offer great vision both in or outside the pool.
Due to the varying degree of eye defects, the goggles are available in different sizes, -1.0 to -10.0. You can be able to pick which works best for you. To fulfill all-round durability, the lenses are shatter-proof and scratch-proof.
To provide more options to pick from, the goggles are available in two colors – black and blue. Additionally, it comes with a storage case to help enhance its useful life.
- The lenses are clear allowing you to see clearer in indoors and poorly lit outdoor pools.
- The diopters are available until the strength of 10.0
- It comes with a storage case.
- It comes with anti-fog and anti-UV properties.
- It is fitted with silicone gaskets that are skin-friendly.
- Unlike single straps, the strap is a split-type which keeps pressure away from one part of the head.
- The straps are easy and quick to adjust.
- The nose pieces are not removable.
- The lenses are not removable.
EnzoDate Optical Prescription Swimming Goggles
(Best Versatile Prescription Goggles)
No more contact lenses or blurred vision. You’ve got the EnzoDate Optical Prescription goggles, you have everything you need to keep training hard and snatching those wins. The goggles are made to be a perfect choice for both longsighted and shortsighted individuals to swim in both outdoor and indoor pools.
It is a great choice for beginners looking to enjoy the best swimming experience. It showcases great flexibility and functionality. The frame and the lenses are made from polycarbonate.
In the case of the lenses, they are made from optical-grade poly polycarbonate which can also endure rigorous use. These lenses can either have negative or positive diopters up to the eight levels. They are also built to offer UV-protection to your eyes, as well as, anti-fog properties to eliminate fogging.
The nose bridge of the goggles can be interchanged to suit the face of an adult, senior or even a kid. The goggles secure very well on the face with the inclusion of soft silicone materials that double as a seal and cushion.
Everything used to construct this product is non-allergenic and skin-friendly. The goggles are also equipped with a storage case and a pair of earplugs.
- It comes with three interchangeable nose pieces of different sizes for kids, seniors, and adults.
- It comes with a storage case.
- The manufacturer includes a pair of earplugs in the pack.
- The lenses can be used by both shortsighted and longsighted persons.
- It features anti-UV and anti-fog properties.
- The lenses can be used for both indoor and outdoor swimming.
- Made from non-allergenic materials.
- The nose bridge may not be flexible enough to provide much suction on some faces.
Wave Prescription Mirrored Swim Goggles
The Wave prescription swim goggles will be a nice addition to your inventory. A good pair for shortsighted males and females. The goggles are stylish and made available in varying diopters starting for 0 to -8. It qualifies to be on this list, courtesy of some fantastic features it possesses and you would love to see.
The mirrored lenses lift the aesthetics of the goggles and also improves your look. You should get a number of admirers before jumping into the pool. Thanks to this mirrored design, it makes a great product for outdoor competitions or training.
In terms of functionality, the lenses are wide, giving you a lot of angles to see. Your eyes are also protected with the inclusion of anti-fog and anti-glare coatings on the lenses.
A polycarbonate frame bears both lenses whilst it sits securing on your face with a durable elastic strap. The straps are fitted with buckles to allow you to adjust it to the size of your head. The interchangeable nose pieces are also made from polycarbonate. As a plus, the goggles come with a lifetime warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty and money-back guarantee of 30 days.
- Comes from a reputable brand.
- The goggles are streamlined to give you less drag in the water.
- The nose piece is made from polycarbonate and is switchable.
- It flaunts an ergonomic design that puts less pressure on the face.
- It is equipped with antiallergenic silicone gaskets to create a leak-proof experience and comfort.
- The lenses offer a good field of view.
- You may have to buy a storage case as it doesn’t come with one.
- It cannot accommodate people with wide faces.
Aguaphile Adult Prescription Swimming Goggles
Are you looking for a durable pair of prescription goggles for both outdoor and indoor swimming? See the Aguaphile swimming goggles. Thanks to its durable build materials, it is strong and sturdy to withstand various conditions.
The lenses swimming goggles are the clear type. No mirror, no colors, just plain! They are made from durable polycarbonate. This material gives the lens its shatter-proof and scratch-proof characteristics. Additionally, the lenses are wide, giving you a broad and better field of vision.
The frame is also made from durable polycarbonate, which makes it extra capable of bearing the rigor of daily swimming. The nose bridge also performs excellently in holding the lenses together whilst offering flexibility when needed. It is available in two colors –black and blue, a fair number of options to pick from.
Having the hard frame press into your face will definitely feel awkward especially when you start feeling pain on your eye sockets. A soft cushioning material is needed and, thankfully, the manufacturer does justice to that pretty well. Soft silicone is fixed on both eyecups to perform the cushion and even the function of a sealant (leak-proof).
The straps further help maintain the watertight space needed. The goggles also come with anti-fog and anti-UV properties.
- The lenses are available in many diopters.
- It comes with clear lenses for better visibility both outdoors and indoors.
- The product comes with a replacement guarantee or lifetime refund.
- The frame is fitted with quality silicone which is skin-friendly and won’t put pressure on your eyecups.
- It offers anti-UV protection.
- Vision remains clear with the inclusion of anti-fog layers on the inside of the lenses.
- It is rugged and durable.
- Some faces may experience discomfort and fogged up lenses with it.
- It doesn’t come with storage cases or interchangeable nose pieces.
View+ RX Optical Prescription Swim Goggles
After your experience with a pair of goggles, you are never going to wear contacts under goggles anymore. The importance of quality vision while swimming is well understood by the manufacturer and this is confirmed by features of this product.
With this pair of goggles, your love for swimming should continue to grow stronger. The goggles are designed to cater for both nearsighted and farsighted persons. You can decide to mix the lenses with different prescriptions, all depending on your choice.
The goggles offer some bit of flexibility, courtesy of its interchangeable nose pieces. The nose pieces are of three distinct sizes such that you can choose the one which suits your face.
The frame, strap, and lenses are made from non-allergenic materials, hence, you shouldn’t worry about any reaction. The lenses are also treated to protect your eyes from harmful rays of the sun. It is also optimized for better visibility with the presence of anti-fog layers.
In addition, the goggles come with a storage case.
- It comes with three different nose bridges of varying sizes.
- It allows you to use mixed lenses.
- It offers superior anti-fog treatment and 100 percent UV protection.
- It can be used by nearsighted and farsighted persons.
- The goggles come with a high-quality easy-to-adjust platina double strap made from silicone.
- It comes with a storage case.
- It is made from hypoallergenic materials.
- The product comes in only one color.
Types of Prescription Goggles for Swimming
You must have come across various types of prescription swimming goggles. The swimming goggles may be from different brands but still showcase almost the same designs. In another case, the swimming goggles may be from the brand but with different designs. The amusing part is the variation in the prices.
Well, you need to know that there are different types of swimming goggles in the market. Each prescription goggle, although built to correct your defects, is designed to influence their function. It determines the quality of your entire swimming experience. Prescription swimming goggles categorized based on:
- Color of lenses
The frame is an important part of your goggles. It bears all other parts such as the lenses and the straps. Frames can come in different designs. Some can be low-profiled and another may be bulky. Some goggles may be flexible while some may be rigid.
There are different types of frames that determine the functionality of goggles. Hence you may encounter the following type of goggles when shopping.
- Recreational Goggles – In this category of prescription swimming goggles, the sealing gaskets are bigger and the lenses are wider. They are rugged to handle rigors and prolonged use. They provide maximum comfort. They are best for open water, fitness, and leisure.
- Competition Goggles – They are also referred to as racing goggles. They have big frames that are mostly low-profiled. They provide you with great hydrodynamics, contributing less drag when moving towards victory. They come with great designs that compliment your professional look. They perform well under rough use but not for frequent use. Some of the goggles come with adjustable nose bridges to improve comfort and suction.
- Training Goggles – Goggles in this category are characterized by thick gaskets and decent hydrodynamics. With these goggles, you should enjoy full-scale comfort while you struggle towards becoming a superstar.
Color of Lenses
Lenses for goggles are available in many different real and unreal colors. Blue, pink and yellow are one of the most common real colors you may find. Some lenses are smoke or mirrored. In fact, some lenses do not come with colors at all.
Every pool has the best goggles for it. The quality of your visibility is greatly affected by the color of your lenses.
- The uncolored (clear) lenses are those with no color at all. They are plain and natural. In a nutshell, what you see is exactly how it looks. They do not cause any form of modification. These goggles are best for indoor use. You may also use them outdoors in poorly lit waters.
- The smoke lenses work best in outdoor pools under sunny conditions. They cut off the amount of light entering your eyes. They do not cause any form of color distortion.
- The mirrored lenses resemble mini mirrors. They are attractive with a silvery appearance. By reflecting the quantity of light entering through them, they protect your eyes. They are designed for outdoor swimming. They perform woefully in poorly lit pools or indoors.
- Colored Lenses come in various colors with blue and pink being the most popular ones. They help to correct color-related issues.
Top Five Things to Consider When Buying Prescription Goggles for Swimming [Buying Guide]
Swimming goggles are the best form of protection you can give to your eyes while swimming. Water can contain many things such as bacteria, chemicals and many more. Since you do not have the time to take the water to a lab, you should protect yourself.
Apart from the safety it offers, it also provides you maximum comfort. Swimming without a pair of goggles can lead to eye irritation which is uncomfortable. People with eye defects can swim with comfort now since there are now prescription goggles in the market.
If you require corrective glasses to see outside water, you need a pair of prescription goggles. There are several manufacturers, looking to dominate the market. They offer similar to different features but you still need to take precautions when buying your prescription goggles.
As a first-timer, you might find it difficult to explore the market since you do not understand which things to consider when buying prescription goggles for swimming. Apart from your budget, there are other criteria you need to consider. These criteria, I have researched and compiled them into this section for you. Hopefully, you will get the best choice for yourself.
Before picking a pair of prescription goggles for yourself, you should know the lenses of your goggles. The lens is an important part of your goggles as it determines your vision. Prescription lenses are available in different prescriptions, colors, and sizes. The two preceding characteristics matter a lot to suit the condition of the pool and condition of your eyes.
When picking your goggles, you need to pick lenses that are close to your prescription. It is very possible to have different prescriptions for your eyes. When shopping for your prescription goggles, you should see a coding system.
Right eye = -3.00 / -0.50 x 180
Left eye = -2.50 / -1.00 x 180
The characters below the slash (/) represents the sphere. It comes with either a negative or positive sign. The negative sign stands for nearsightedness (myopia) and the positive sign stands for farsightedness (hypermetropia). The next characters before the times (x) indicates the level of astigmatism. The last characters represent the axis and are usually ignored.
Having known the level of your nearsightedness or farsightedness, you can calculate, with respect to your degree of astigmatism, the most suitable prescription for you. It is important to know that prescription goggles are available in differences of 0.5 diopters.
If your prescription is -3.00 / -1.00 x 90, then you should be opting for goggles with -3.50 diopters.
Also, if your prescription is +4.00 / -1.00 x 90, then you should consider goggles with +3.50 diopters.
When it comes to lighting conditions, your color of lenses plays an important role. Uncolored (clear) lenses are great for indoor pools only. However, you can still use them in poorly lit outdoor pools.
The smoke lenses perform excellently in containing light on sunny days. Mirrored lenses are also great for outdoor use. It reduces the amount of light entering your eyes by reflecting a large portion away.
Lenses are available in different sizes, the wide and narrow ones. The wide ones offer a larger field of vision such that you can see a large area of the pool at once. This is a good option for you if you make use of public pools. It gives you the convenience needed and prevents you from bumping into other swimmers.
The narrow lenses, unlike the wide ones, have smaller view angles. With smaller lenses, you have less distraction and you can focus on your track in competitive swimming.
The Frame (Size)
Apart from the lenses, the frame of the goggles also come in many sizes. Obviously, the bigger sizes will sit well on adults or individuals with broad faces. The smaller ones will fit your kids or small-faced persons.
The frame of the goggles can be low-profiled or bulkier. However, the former is more hydrodynamic than the latter. The bulkier frames, however, accommodates bigger lenses that offer wide viewing angles.
Newer goggles now come with interchangeable nose bridges, making it a one-size-fits-all. All you need to do is switch the nose bridges.
See Also: 15 Best Nose Clips for Swimming
There are many designs you get to encounter when you go shopping. You should expect many since their several brands and models. In this case, it is also beneficial since there are several facial shapes.
Some goggles come with bigger gaskets. While this may be advantageous in terms of comfort, it also adds weight to the goggles. Those goggles with smaller gaskets come with less weight but won’t be ideal for long periods of swimming.
The design of the straps and buckle affect both comfort and waterproof ability. Ideally, you should pick goggles with user-friendly buckles that you can easily open or close quickly.
In a nutshell, ensure you pick a design that gives you the best comfort, vision and impress overall swimming experience.
The features are other criteria to look out for. In swim goggles, the features are just as important as the basic parts. With goggles equipped with anti-fog layers, you can boast of all-round, quality and clear visibility inside the pool. The anti-fog layers keep water from condensing on the inside of the lenses.
Other features include adjustable nose bridges, user-friendly straps, UV protection, anti-glare, curved lenses and more. The UV protection feature keeps harmful light rays from reaching your eyes. Light intensity is also more reduced with goggles equipped with anti-glare.
The Build Materials
Goggles are made from different materials. The most common ones are silicone and polycarbonate. Some goggles also come with parts made from rubber.
Rubber is more likely to trigger allergies than silicone but it is softer on the skin. You must pick goggles that are skin-friendly and soft on your skin.
How to Maintain Your Prescription Goggles?
You have invested in the best prescription goggles for yourself. Whilst your prescription goggles take care of your eyes, your goggles also deserve the best care from you. If you are going to be getting the best from your goggles, you should also care for your goggles.
While swimming, your goggles have passed through a lot of rigor, mechanical and chemically. Now, it’s up to proper maintenance to enhance its useful life. Also, proper maintenance will ensure that the quality of the vision is uncompromised. At the same time, it helps to retain the effectiveness of the goggles.
Maintaining your prescription goggles is not a tough task at all. I have compiled some important tips you need to know. You should know that maintenance comes in two ways:
- Cleaning your goggles.
- Storing your goggles.
How to Clean Prescription Swimming Goggles?
Cleaning is pretty easy, however, you need to be careful so as not to reduce the quality of vision. Without proper cleaning, the pool water or salt water may accumulate on your goggles that can create a film that reduces the vision’s quality.
Additionally, the leftover pool or saltwater may corrode your goggles especially to gaskets and other coatings. Bacteria and other microbes may also build-up, making your goggles a source of infection.
- After swimming, rinse your swimming goggles with lots of water. Ensure you make use of cool, clean water and not another chlorinated water. Ensure that you rinse off the pool water from the goggles.
- Leave in a safe place to dry. Do not place in the kitchen or on a frequently accessed table. Ensure the goggles are not under direct sunlight. At the same time, the goggles should be kept out of the reach of kids.
- While rinsing, ensure you do not have any contact with the lenses. Your fingers or any fabric may peel off the anti-fog, anti-UV layer or comprise the clarity of the lenses.
How to Store Prescription Swimming Goggles?
After cleaning, you need to store it appropriately. Do not store without rinsing and drying them properly. Ideally, you should store your goggles in a cool, dry place. It must be far away from the sun, kids, and weather.
Some goggles come with storage boxes in which you can place the goggles. Afterward, you move them to a safe place. If your goggles do not come with a storage box, you can buy one. You may also improvise using a small soft carton or paper box with layers of tissue paper on the inside.
How to Remove Scratches from Prescription Swim Goggles?
There is nothing as frustrating as having poor visibility using your prescription swim goggles. It can even be more annoying if you just got the goggles or you are cash-strapped. If you have noticed a scratch on your lenses, you can do the following.
- Pick a suitable and convenient place for “surgery”. You can make use of your kitchen.
- Before starting the procedure, wash the goggles with mild soap and water. Rinse the goggles and dry up with a mild cloth.
- Spread a towel on a table then place the goggles in the table with the lenses (outside) facing you.
- Use cellophane tape to expose the scratched area.
- Get some abrasive paste and spread on the scratched area.
- Get fine sandpaper to abrade the scratched area. This you should do by dragging the sandpaper in one direction. Do this for two or three times.
- Wash the goggles, rinse and dry. You can repeat step 6 again if there is no change.
It is important to know that your goggles will eventually need replacement. The amount of cleaning and maintenance won’t really matter. When it’s time to get a replacement, make use of my buying guide or check for my list of the best prescription goggles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Did you skip an essential point in the body of the article? Did you come to my article hoping to look for answers? Here are some frequently asked questions to clear your thoughts.
Swim Network Overview
Eye defects should not stop you from swimming. There are many prescription swimming goggles available. I can boldly say that you will get the best for you. However, you need to know about the prescription swimming goggles market.
This is why I have helped in gathering the best prescription goggles for swimming. I have also included a buying guide, maintenance tips and many other necessary information to help you select the right prescription goggles. With my little help, you should make no mistakes.
Your children will definitely enjoy their swimming sessions with a quality swimming goggle like the Aguaphile Junior and Speedo Vanquisher Prescription Swimming Goggles. Adults can stick with the comfy Splaqua Mirrored Swim Goggles.
Have you used any of the reviewed products and you would like to share your experience? Do have any suggestion or question? Feel free to use the comment section. You can share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.