The desire to listen to music underwater has existed but not been fulfilled for a long time until people started to purchase the best waterproof earbuds for swimming. Most of these waterproof earbuds also enable a great resistance to sweat and dust.
While some advanced waterproof earbuds are capable of storing music in their own memories and work independently, others would require a connection to waterproof MP3 players or iPod shuffles. Either one is fine as long as it is convenient for you.
In this article, I would cover essential information related to waterproof earbuds for swimming and recommend the best ones available on the market. New swimmers who have fewer precise clues about these devices should scroll through this first.
Table of Contents
- What Are the Best Waterproof Earbuds for Swimming?
- Comparison Chart
- The 15 Best Waterproof Earbuds for Swimming Reviews
- Jabra Active 65t Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds
- Bose True Wireless Waterproof Earbuds
- TOZO T10 Bluetooth 5.0 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds
- H2O Audio Surge Waterproof Sport Earbuds
- Jabra Active 75t Waterproof Wireless Earbuds
- Swimbuds Waterproof Earbuds
- Tayogo Waterproof Bone Conduction Earbuds
- BackBeat Fit 3100 True Wireless Waterproof Earbuds
- H2O Audio Surge S+ Waterproof Sport Earbuds
- Sony NWWS413LM Waterproof Earbuds
- Underwater Audio iPod Swimbuds Waterproof Earbuds
- Backbeat Fit Waterproof Earbuds
- Sony Walkman NWZW273S Waterproof Earbuds
- JBL Endurance Waterproof Swimming Earbuds
- Senso Bluetooth Waterproof Earbuds
- How to Choose the Best Waterproof Earbuds for Swimming?
- How Do Waterproof Earbuds Work?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Swim Network Overview
What Are the Best Waterproof Earbuds for Swimming?
Swimming headphones are widely favored but making them waterproof is indeed a more complicated process than small earphones. Perspiration and pool water will no longer be threatening to all users with the best waterproof earbuds for swimming.
- Best Overall: Jabra Active 65t Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds
“Apple & Android compatible, integrated motion sensor, quick charge.”
- Best Budget: Senso Bluetooth Waterproof Earbuds
“Lithium battery, noise suppression technology, fatigue-free ear wear.”
- Best True Wireless Waterproof Earbuds: Bose True Wireless Waterproof Earbuds
“Digital signal processing, track a lost earpiece, water-repellent mesh.”
- Best Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds: TOZO T10 Bluetooth 5.0 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds
“Smaller than a coin, Bluetooth 5.0 technology, in-call stereo sound.”
- Best for Swimming Workout: H2O Audio Surge Waterproof Sport Earbuds
“High-quality internal sound, best for athletes, normal cord length.”
- Best Sound Quality: Jabra Active 75t Waterproof Wireless Earbuds
“Sweat & dust protection, 4-microphone technology, secure active fit.”
- Best for Flip Turns: Swimbuds Waterproof Earbuds
“Anti-corrosion jack, extension cord included, great audio quality.”
- Best Under $150: Tayogo Waterproof Bone Conduction Earbuds
“Avoid hearing damages, 8GB memory storage, 60°C heat-resistant.”
- Best Under $100: BackBeat Fit 3100 True Wireless Waterproof Earbuds
“Flexible ear loops, personalized workout, capture external sounds.”
- Best Under $50: H2O Audio Surge S+ Waterproof Sport Earbuds
“Bass amplified sound, 1-feet short cord, hydrodynamic design.”
- Best With the Longest Playtime: Sony NWWS413LM Waterproof Earbuds
“Regular use in saltwater, Hi-Speed USB 2.0, internal 4GB memory.”
- Best Battery Life: Underwater Audio iPod Swimbuds Waterproof Earbuds
“Mac & PC compatible, different ear tip sizes, corrosion-proof iPod.”
- Best With Anti Sweat: Backbeat Fit Waterproof Earbuds
“Simple on-ear controls, powerful speakers, an 8-hour playtime.”
- Best With Shuffle Feature: Sony Walkman NWZW273S Waterproof Earbuds
“ZAPPIN music search, clear stereo audio, one-piece lightweight.”
- Best for Swimming Laps: JBL Endurance Waterproof Swimming Earbuds
“On-board 1GB memory, challenge all elements, auto on/off switch.”
With an overwhelming series of waterproof earbuds in numerous different kinds, I bet it is hard to compare them as there are mere factors in common. Luckily, I have in store a few criteria for comparison of the best waterproof earbuds for swimming.
The 15 Best Waterproof Earbuds for Swimming Reviews
If you wish to purchase the genuine best waterproof earbuds for swimming on the market, it is important to get to know all details and features. These earbuds are far different from each other so here is the accurate review for your information.
Jabra Active 65t Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds
(Best Overall – Editor’s Choice)
With no strings attached like the brand stated, the Active 65t waterproof earbuds are manufactured to have an optimal design that fits snug and stable inside ears. When users engage in casual workouts, these earbuds can track their fitness via a built-in sensor.
The Jabra earbuds allow hands-free operation of voice command with Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri as wish. You will be fascinated with how the earbuds work for an hour straight after a 15-minute charge and last for 5 hours on one full charge.
Because there is an exclusive sound app for this brand, users are able to customize the sound which these waterproof earbuds produce like a true music equalizer. Due to their advanced Bluetooth 5.0, calls and music dropouts will barely occur anymore.
- They fit snug with great in-ear stability.
- They track fitness through the sensor.
- They have advanced voice commands.
- A rapid 15-min charge for 1-hour use.
- The produced sound is personalizable.
- They include modern Bluetooth 5.0.
- They randomly connect and disconnect.
Bose True Wireless Waterproof Earbuds
(Best True Wireless Waterproof Earbuds)
Since Bose has long been a well-known brand in making excellent audio devices, their True Wireless earbuds are weather and sweat-resistant for the best customer experience related to water. The earbuds deliver clear sound with no wire needed.
In case their users lose an earphone by accident, a special app from Bose provides a tracking feature that leads them right to where the earbud was dropped. When it comes to charging, the magnetized case will keep these earbuds in their positions.
The good news is 3 different pairs of earbud tips are available from size S to L so all users can obtain a comfortable fit without slipping off. There is an integrated mic on the right earbud to support answering calls when connecting with a Bluetooth phone.
- They are sweat & weather-resistant.
- The produced sound is loud and clear.
- Possible to track down a lost earbud.
- There is a magnetized charging case.
- They have ear tips in different sizes.
- A microphone is located on the right.
- It is difficult to connect with Windows 10.
TOZO T10 Bluetooth 5.0 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds
(Best Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds)
The ultra-lightweight T10 waterproof earbuds from TOZO enable a simple one-step pairing with other Bluetooth devices. Their speaker driver is in a large size of 8mm, which is almost 2 times larger than average. The gel noise-reduction ear caps are comfortable.
A premium nano-coating shields both these earbuds and their charging case to be safe from sweat, rain, and water (not for swimming). The whole case is compatible with a wireless charger so users can have more convenient charging without cords.
These waterproof earphones deliver natural sound with strong bass even in calling mode and the transmission line is claimed to be fast and stable. 5 different luxurious colors are provided for you to have versatile choices with the earbuds.
- They set up a simple Bluetooth pairing.
- They have a large speaker driver area.
- Their silicone ear caps reduce noises.
- The charging case is also waterproof.
- Their sound is authentic and powerful.
- There are a total of 5 shade selections.
- They seem to only perform well indoors.
H2O Audio Surge Waterproof Sport Earbuds
(Best for Swimming Workout)
The brand H20 Audio offers us 100% waterproof wired earbuds that still perform smoothly while receiving rain, heavy sweat and underwater submersion to 12 feet. You should not worry about dragging as the earbuds are optimized for swimming.
Furthermore, there are a couple of different ear tip sizing in a tree and rounded shapes from size XS to XL so these earphones can fit into almost all ears. The earbuds have an average wire length of 3.6 feet and it will not tangle up during aqua sports events.
- They deal with full water submersion.
- Their wire will not get dragged easily.
- They offer a variety of ear tip sizing.
- The normal cord length is acceptable.
- The sound quality is poor out of water.
Jabra Active 75t Waterproof Wireless Earbuds
(Best Sound Quality)
With an extra outer grip coating of these Jabra Active 75t waterproof earbuds, their secure fit is highly improved to stay in place while users participate in workouts. The customizable equalizer allows people to personalize their music sound with an app.
There is a special HearThrough mode that lets users decide how much background sounds they would like to hear via the wireless earbuds. 4 built-in microphones are available for phone calls to proceed smoothly without interference or missed words.
You can have a direct approach to a voice assistant on these earbuds of Google Assistant, Siri or Alexa for hands-free operation. On a single full charge, users are able to use the earphones for around 7.5 hours and 28 hours in the charging case.
- There is an additional grip coating.
- They have a customizable equalizer.
- A mode to control received noises.
- 4 integrated microphones for calls.
- They allow voice assistant access.
- They work 7.5 hours after a charge.
- No indicator for the earbuds’ status.
Swimbuds Waterproof Earbuds
(Best for Flip Turns)
It is common sense to think that wired earphones are prone to wrap around goggles or swimming caps, but Swimbuds has changed people’s minds with earbuds for flip turns. The tight seal and 10-inch short cord ensure a firm grip for swimming moves.
Their waterproof rating standard is IPX8, which is ideal for resistance against rain or perspiration and not water below 3.05m. These waterproof earbuds are engineered with a high audio quality of HydroBeat technology in its 2nd generation to work fine underwater.
- The wire does not affect flip turns.
- They offer a tight seal on the ears.
- They can resist rain & perspiration.
- The audio quality is at a high rate.
- They do not last for long after uses.
Tayogo Waterproof Bone Conduction Earbuds
(Best Under $150)
While most waterproof earbuds have to be inserted inside the ears, this device from Tayogo, instead, is built with bone conduction that transmits sounds via vibration. The earbuds auto switch to answer incoming calls even when music is being played.
Not only are these earbuds waterproof to the IPX8 rating, but they also resist heat up to 60°C which means an application at hot springs is possible. The Tayogo earbuds themselves have up to 8GB memory in-store to handle and save nearly 2,000 songs.
The waterproof earbuds are claimed to be capable of enduring a full submersion of 10 feet underwater in around 5 hours without defections. At a good price under $150, users should experience to the fullest as their silicone material is soft and fits snug.
- The bone conduction design is great.
- The auto switch into answering calls.
- The heat resistance is for hot springs.
- They provide 8GB of memory storage.
- They can fully submerge for 5 hours.
- Soft, stable and comfortable silicone.
- Their button scheme is quite confusing.
BackBeat Fit 3100 True Wireless Waterproof Earbuds
(Best Under $100)
With a humble budget under $100, you would go for the Plantronics Fit 3100 waterproof earbuds. Their optimal design does not block the entire ear, leaving room for ambient sounds to get in and helps users stay aware of their surroundings.
During the most intense workout sessions under all weather conditions, the earbuds would still function well, especially in aqua environments. The BackBeat app allows customization for both entertainment and fitness like a timer, Siri and Spotify access.
- The price under $100 is reasonable.
- They enable surrounding awareness.
- They perform well with all-weather.
- They allow in-app personalization.
- Their charging case is a little too big.
H2O Audio Surge S+ Waterproof Sport Earbuds
(Best Under $50)
The lowest price range to obtain fine waterproof earbuds is inferior to $50 and the best recommendation would be a shorter cord S+ version of the H20 Audio Surge. These earbuds work well in swimming, biking, and surfing.
There are 5 sets of earplugs from size XS to XL and a tree tip set available in this package for everyone to obtain a secure fitting with them. Thanks to the high IPX8 waterproof durability, these earbuds endure 12 feet of submersion without a doubt.
It is nice how their wire is only around 1-feet long because it enables minimal effort to deal with while users are in the middle of their exercises. Compared to other models from H20 Audio, these ones include far better audio quality of warm dynamic bass.
- They are below $50 price is a good one.
- They are usable in a lot of activities.
- They go with different earplug sizes.
- They immerse water up to 12 feet.
- The cord is extra short of only 1 foot.
- They deliver deep warm bass audio.
- Too many of them stick out of the ear.
Sony NWWS413LM Waterproof Earbuds
(Best With the Longest Playtime)
You will be surprised to find out that small and lightweight earbuds like the Sony NWWS413LM deliver the longest music playtime of up to 12 hours. Their ergonomic wire-free design ensures the earbuds do not fall off during tough exercises.
The smartphone becomes irrelevant in this case because these waterproof earbuds include 4GB of internal memory to store music. Since this brand has made them dust and waterproof (even in salt water), users can easily conquer all aqua environments.
- They are quite small and lightweight.
- Their playtime lasts up to 12 hours.
- The firm design prevents falling out.
- They have an internal 4GB memory.
- They are both dust and waterproof.
- Users cannot listen to audible content.
Underwater Audio iPod Swimbuds Waterproof Earbuds
(Best Battery Life)
The Underwater Audio bundle has a fairly high price because there are waterproof earbuds and a small corrosion-proof iPod that has been tested at the depth of 200 feet underwater. The extra-short wire of these earbuds does not get caught at ease.
This iPod can be a great companion to follow users anywhere as it enables clipping on raincoats or swims caps with an extension wire. This brand provides different sizes for the ear tips in order to support people to find their perfect fit to avoid falling out.
The waterproof earphones and iPod features a built-in 2GB capacity for hundreds of songs storage and performance up to 15 hours of battery life after one charge. Users can engage in multiple water-related activities without the fear of repeated charging.
- The earbuds & an iPod in the bundle.
- Their short cord does not tangle up.
- The iPod can be clipped on surfaces.
- There are 4 sizes for these ear tips.
- It contains 2GB of memory storage.
- It survives 15 hours in aqua events.
- A slight echo via the audio quality.
Backbeat Fit Waterproof Earbuds
(Best With Anti Sweat)
The BackBeat waterproof earbuds from Plantronics provide a behind-the-ear design and a sustainable neckband to enable a stable grip. Their additional nano-coating is capable of making these earphones both sweat and waterproof with an IP57 rating.
Since all audio controls are integrated on the earbuds, users can quickly skip songs or answer phone calls with a touch of a button. On one quick charge of 15 minutes, these waterproof earbuds will operate for a full hour of music listening underwater.
- The design is worn behind the ears.
- The coating prevents sweat & water.
- Users can directly control the audio.
- They work in 1 hour on one charge.
- The sound keeps flickering in & out.
Sony Walkman NWZW273S Waterproof Earbuds
(Best With Shuffle Feature)
There is only one single lightweight piece of these Sony Walkman earbuds to put on and no tangling cord to distract users from their aqua and workout activities. With the multi-format music service, this player allows simple drags and drops of music files.
All audio controls sit right on the waterproof earphones so music skipping, shuffling and pausing are a piece of cake to manage. Sony provides advanced technologies to their earbuds and the produced sound has a clear, deep bass like a true stereo.
You can either choose the 4GB or 8GB internal memory of these earbuds as wish. As their waterproof ability has been certified to meet the IPX8 standard, the device is fully submersible in a 2m water depth. 3-minute charging offers 60 minutes of usage.
- They are lightweight and wire-free.
- They support multi-format playback.
- All audio control buttons are on-ear.
- Their sound is rich & stereo-clear.
- They offer 4GB and 8GB memory.
- They handle 2m water immersion.
- The default volume is too low to hear.
JBL Endurance Waterproof Swimming Earbuds
(Best for Swimming Laps)
The good thing about these JBL waterproof earbuds is that their power automatically turns on and off when putting them on and off the head. Their ear hook structure is able to remain stable and secure to the utmost extent in a comfortable way on ears.
By meeting the IPX7 waterproof rating, the earbuds can be used in swimming and a series of different activities under all kinds of weather conditions. Their built-in 1GB memory allows users to store and play up to 200 tracks to listen to right on them.
- They turn on and off automatically.
- Their hook is stable & comfortable.
- They are meant for swimming use.
- They have 1GB memory on-board.
- They cannot get deep into the ears.
See Also: Top 8 Best Swim Lap Counters
Senso Bluetooth Waterproof Earbuds
It is hard to believe the number of useful accessories that come along in this earbuds set at such a low-budget value. A solid compact case for storage, a phone wallet, and a magnetic cell phone mount are included with these Senso waterproof earphones.
Their new lithium polymer battery provides 8 hours of playing time for users to listen to non-stop music. The soft and comfortable earbuds are made out of gel silicone with adjustable hooks so people can wear them without causing fatigue for the ears.
Users are certain to enjoy lossless audio of pure HD sound from the earbuds even when going underwater or sweating out from training sessions. Their Bluetooth V4.1 allows the waterproof earbuds to connect with other Bluetooth devices 30 feet away.
- There are a bunch of nice bonus items.
- The lithium-polymer battery is powerful.
- They have silicone pad & flexible hooks.
- They produce sounds of high-definition.
- They connect with devices from afar.
- Their free cord tugs on each earpiece.
How to Choose the Best Waterproof Earbuds for Swimming?
Aside from a comfortable design to avoid ear fatigue or long usage time after a quick full charge, there are other relevant features that you often forget to keep in mind. This buying guide for the best waterproof earbuds is helpful for shopping time.
I can tell that most people have seen a large amount of information related to the benefits of using both wired and wireless earphones. Then, what about their shortcomings in the structures? I would like to describe a few downsides here.
Wired earbuds stay much steadier on ears but tend to get tangled up while doing flip turns and other complex aqua exercises. This explains why a lot of manufacturers equip the earbuds with short cords and include another longer wire in their package.
In contrast, wireless earphones exclude the wire for less hassle but stand a high chance to fall off during swimming sessions if their ear tips are uncomfortable or do not fit snug. It is also a bit harder to catch them because there is no cord to grab on.
Whether the waterproof earbuds are wired or wireless, all brands would attempt to make their designs as optimal as possible to prevent such risks of losing a side or tangling the cord. I believe their ultimate goal is to bring secure convenience to us.
When using waterproof earbuds, users should acknowledge the core of their “Ingress Protection” (IP) ratings. These indicate the correct protection abilities from external contaminations (dirt, bacteria…) and light moisture like water.
This information is important in helping us understand which water-related activities can the earbuds get involved in. Possibly, the wrong application with water might result in internal damages for these earbuds as not all can handle equal water levels.
The most common waterproof levels that appeared in this article are IP57, IP56, IPX7, IPX4, and IPX8. Technically, in terms of water protection, earbuds with an IP57 rating is the same as ones with IPX7 as the “X” is meant for telling particle shield.
IPX4 prevents water infiltration from slight splashes, whereas levels 5 and 6 can deal with a strong water nozzle and jet. IPX7 allows people to immerse the earbuds 3 feet deep in water for half an hour and IPX8 is of course, better with a deeper water rate.
A vast majority of waterproof earbuds are manufactured to prevent irrelevant background noises. People often used them in crowded areas like public pools or the gym so the earbuds cannot lack a fine noise-canceling feature.
This function ensures no interruption or missed words when users listen to music or answer phone calls via these earbuds since this defection has been causing a lot of irritation for customers. Unfiltered noises are able to cause later hearing problems.
On the other hand, several advanced waterproof earbuds provide control of how much background noise they want to listen to. It is much essential for users to hear ambient sounds to be aware of their surroundings, even when listening to music.
How Do Waterproof Earbuds Work?
On the current market, there are two main different designs of waterproof earbuds for swimming available to choose from. The first one is a regular in-ear design, which is made to fit snug into the ears with variable ear tip shapes and sizes to deliver music.
The earphones with bone conduction are less popular but this science is considered more advanced. Audio from the earbuds would be transferred directly into the inner ear because it takes advantage of the vibration from head bones to form the sound.
In terms of preventing water penetration for these earbuds, I had explained how their IP ratings work above for new customers to consult from. You can feel free to choose either the in-ear design or the bone conduction to use, both of them work amazingly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some frequently asked questions about waterproof earbuds for swimming.
Swim Network Overview
Waterproof earbuds are innovative audio devices for people to enjoy music in wet conditions without the fear of damaging them. Remember to notice their waterproof durabilities to be highly conscious of their main purposes and suitable applications.
It is undeniable that the best overall waterproof earbuds title belongs to the Jabra Active 65t Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds. If users are in need of earbuds for aqua training, I would certainly suggest the H20 Audio Surge Waterproof Sport Earbuds.
The best earbuds option for a budget under $100 is the BackBear Fit 3100 True Wireless Waterproof Earbuds. A lot of them include Bluetooth technologies but in my opinion, the finest one is the TOZO T10 Bluetooth 5.0 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds.
In case none of the reviewed devices raise your interest, kindly refer to the buying guide for more information while going shopping for the best waterproof earbuds for swimming in the near future. I have high hopes that it will be able to help out.
Do you have any personal thoughts on this article about the top 15 most premium waterproof earbuds? I expect you to give out a sincere comment underneath. Plus, I would be delighted if you hit the share button below to Facebook and Twitter for others to consult from the article to get waterproof earbuds. Thank you for reading.
Do you have any info or feedback on the Zygo? I currently have and have used for 10+ years the swimp3 from Finis. I love it other than being stuck with the same music because formatting and transferring is so time consuming. I just found your site and love the info you provide. We just had a 40’ pool built. I have many limitations and the pool has always been my only option for activity. Thanks again for the great info.
I’m excited to hear from you, and I’ve got a few things to say.
You will agree with me that one of the reasons for earbuds is to foster enjoyable workout sessions. If a pair of earbuds fails at that, then it is simply useless. I agree with your comment about the Finis earbuds and I wish there could be a way round it.
Anyway, regarding the Zygo, I believe you would find it impressive being an enthusiastic swimmer. It can stream media files underwater with minimal signal loss. Although its connectivity is stronger than many others, it may still lose signal at certain depths.
It can also be set up easily and It’s got an intuitive app that you’ll appreciate. You don’t need to format and transfer your songs, audiobooks, and podcasts since you can stream from your smartphone. Also, its sound is pretty pleasant.
However, it has no playback controls and you might have to rely on your playlist. Unlike some newer earbuds, the charging case has no built-in backup battery.
I believe the Zygo will meet your requirements provided you have a playlist and swimming schedule. You can use an alternative power source to recharge as well.
Enjoy your day!