So, you have just recently signed up for triathlon and as a diligent triathlete that you are, you have your swim cap, nose clips and other things you need for your championship but you are still trying to decide on the best triathlon wetsuit. The good news is this is not a problem because there are a lot of good products out there that will satisfy your swimming needs.
Originally, triathlon wetsuit found its way into the sports arena as a safety device to keep athletes safe in cold water during swimming, and to prevent hypothermia. The neoprene was carefully made with little amount of water between each of its layers to ensure the body remains normal body while the athlete is inside the water.
Other than preventing frigid water from getting your legs, arms and muscles numb, triathlon are awesome in improving your swimming pace while doubling-up on your buoyancy. It also reduces the “drag” what swimmers explain as the friction between the water and the swimmer, and you can bet, that is not something to deal with especially if you are on a competition.
If you crave for warmth while doing your aerobics, a triathlon wetsuit is what you need as they will ensure you stay warmth while you are in the water. Sounds impossible? You can bet on this warmness. And grabbing the best triathlon is a super bet too and you are winning because you are finally on this page.
Table of Contents
- What Is the Best Triathlon Wetsuit?
- Comparison of Top 21 Best Triathlon Wetsuits 2020
- Reviews of the Best Triathlon Wetsuits
- Xterra Men's Volt Triathlon Wetsuit
- Xterra Men's Volt Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
- Synergy Men's Endorphin Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
- Synergy Women's Adrenaline Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
- Xterra Men's Vortex Triathlon Wetsuit
- Xterra Women's Vortex Triathlon Wetsuit
- Xterra Women's Vortex Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
- 2XU Men's A:1 Active Triathlon Wetsuit
- 2XU Mens P:2 Propel Triathlon Wetsuit
- Fit2Race Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
- Blueseventy Men's Fusion Fullsleeve Triathlon Wetsuit
- Blueseventy Thermal Reaction Triathlon Wetsuit
- ROKA Maverick Pro II Men's Triathlon Wetsuit
- ROKA Maverick Comp II Men's Triathlon Wetsuit
- ORCA S7 Men's Fullsleeve Triathlon Wetsuit
- ORCA Women's Alpha Triathlon Wetsuit
- De Soto T1 Triathlon Wetsuit
- Zoot Men's Wave 1 Triathlon Wetsuit
- TYR Sport Men's Hurricane Triathlon Wetsuit
- TYR Hurricane Freak Nature Triathlon Wetsuit
- Arena Carbon Triathlon Wetsuit
- Choosing the Best Triathlon Wetsuit
- Advantages of Wearing a Wetsuit for Triathlon
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Swim Network Overview
What Is the Best Triathlon Wetsuit?
So for a quick navigation, here is a brief list of the best triathlon wetsuits you would like to choose.
- Best Overall: Synergy Men's Endorphin Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
"USAT approved, 5mm maximum thick buoyancy panel, anti-corrode inner zippered with 3mm legs and back."
- Runner Up: Xterra Men's Vortex Triathlon Wetsuit
"Heavily insulated, fastest 5mm maximum buoyancy, 1.5mm flexible arm fit, durable double stiched and triple glued with X-flex liner 2.0 snug fit."
- Best Budget: Xterra Men's Volt Triathlon Wetsuit
"3/2mm Durable, affordable, x-max, triple layered and fast for both veterans and beginners."
- Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Beginners: Xterra Men's Volt Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
"Maximum flexible sleeveless, triple layered, double stitched for longevity, with excellent buoyancy."
- Best for Open Water Swimmer: Xterra Women's Vortex Triathlon Wetsuit
"Sturdy, snug fit with 5mm maximum buoyancy and 3mm for the back. A flexible shoulder built and 2.0 X-flex liner for ease."
- Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Women: Xterra Women's Vortex Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
"Increased flexibility, sleeveless design for natural and fast performance, eco-friendly limestone neoprene design."
- Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Poor Swimmers: 2XU Men's A:1 Active Triathlon Wetsuit
"100% neoprene, 520% stretch lining, 36 cell frontal floatation panel, and roll bar for better body positioning and flexibility."
- Best for Swimming in Cold Water: 2XU Mens P:2 Propel Triathlon Wetsuit
"Durable, fast, flexible with 5mm maximum buoyancy."
- Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Broad Shoulders: Blueseventy Men's Fusion Fullsleeve Triathlon Wetsuit
"Easy entry, fitness and comfort, SCS coated surface, curved closure flap, neoprene frontal."
Comparison of Top 21 Best Triathlon Wetsuits 2020
It is quite natural to look forward to fun swimming in the lakes and training in comfortable wetsuits, because discomfort in your sport gear remains a discouragement to your progress. For that reason, getting yourself a perfect wetsuit that will give you all the comfort and warmth as you swim or perform other recreational activities is necessary.
And your effort in finding the best wetsuit is all you have been doing this whole time. Now, here is a quick comparison of some of the selected most effective wetsuit for you and you are free to peruse and make up your mind.
|Xterra Men's Volt Triathlon Wetsuit - Best Budget||Neoprene||Men||3/2 mm||Full sleeves||S, M, L, XL|
|Xterra Men's Volt Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit - Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Beginners||Neoprene||Men||3/2 mm||Sleeveless||ES, SL, ML|
|Synergy Men's Endorphin Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit - Best Overall|
|Hydrodynamic neoprene, silicone coated||Men||5mm||sleeveless||L1, M1, L2, M2, S2, L3, M3, S3|
|Synergy Women's Adrenaline Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit||Hydrodynamic neoprene, silicone coated||women||5mm||Sleeveless||P1, W2, W3|
|Xterra Men's Vortex Triathlon Wetsuit - Runner up||Neoprene||Men||5mm||Full sleeves||XS, S, SL, M, ML, L, XL, XXL|
|Xterra Women's Vortex Triathlon Wetsuit - Best for Open Water Swimmer||Neoprene||Women||5mm||Full sleeves||XS, MS, S, SL, M, ML, ML, XL, L|
|Xterra Women's Vortex Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit - Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Women||Neoprene||Women||5mm||Sleeveless||XS, SL|
|2XU Men's A:1 Active Triathlon Wetsuit - Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Poor Swimmers||Neoprene, hydrodynamic silicone coating||Men||4.5mm||Full sleeves||MT|
|2XU Mens P:2 Propel Triathlon Wetsuit - Best for Swimming in Cold Water||Neoprene, hydrodynamic silicone, nylon, 100% sponge rubber||Men||5mm||Full sleeves||MS, S, SM, ST, M, MT, L, LT, XL, XXL, XXXL|
|Fit2Race Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit||Nylon, Polyester||Unisex||3mm, 5mm||Sleeveless||P1, S1, P2, P3, MS|
|Blueseventy Men's Fusion Fullsleeve Triathlon Wetsuit - Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Broad Shoulders||SCS coated, and neoprene||Men||5mm, 2mm||Full sleeves||XS|
|Blueseventy Thermal Reaction Triathlon Wetsuit||Neoprene||Men||5mm, 2mm||Full sleeves||XS, S, M, MT, L, XL, ML, SMT|
|ROKA Maverick Pro II Men's Triathlon Wetsuit||Neoprene, SCS, Hydfrophobic Nano coating||Men||5mm||Full sleeves||XS, S, ST, M, MT, XXL, XL, L, LT|
|ROKA Maverick Comp II Men's Triathlon Wetsuit||Neoprene,||Men||5mm 3mm||Full sleeves||XS, S, ST, MT, XXL, XL, L|
|ORCA S7 Men's Fullsleeve Triathlon Wetsuit||Neoprene, SCS (super composite coating) elastic nylon||Men||5mm,3mm||Full sleeves||5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, MT|
|ORCA Women's Alpha Triathlon Wetsuit||40 cell neoprene, 39 nano coated yamamoto.||Women||1mm, 2mm||Full sleeves||XS, L, XL|
|De Soto T1 Triathlon Wetsuit||Nylon, Lycra||Men||2mm, 5mm||Full sleeves||2, 3, 4, 5|
|Zoot Men's Wave 1 Triathlon Wetsuit||Neoprene, SCS, hydrodynamic coating.||Men||5mm||Full sleeves||XS, S, M, XL, XXL, ST|
|TYR Sport Men's Hurricane Triathlon Wetsuit||Neoprene||Men||3mm, 5mm||Full sleeves||XS, S, SM, M, ML, L, XL, XXL|
|TYR Hurricane Freak Nature Triathlon Wetsuit||100% yamamoto Neoprene, silicone coating||Men||5mm||Full sleeves||ML, M, L, XS, S, XL|
|Arena Carbon Triathlon Wetsuit||Elastic neoprene||Men||5mm||Full sleeves||XXS, XS, S, M, L|
Reviews of the Best Triathlon Wetsuits
One of the quest that burns in your heart from the moment you sign up for the competition or you’ve decided to get yourself a new pair of wetsuit is what wetsuit to get. And after going through this compilation of best and recommended triathlon wetsuit, you may still feel you need to know more of what to expect from the product, right?
That is why a detailed description of the offerings of each wetsuit is up for you here. This is necessary to help you have a mental picture of the wetsuit as well fantasize about your body inside it, making the strokes and diving into the water. Now, take a look at this…
Xterra Men's Volt Triathlon Wetsuit
What this open water compliant wetsuit came with are good intentions for beginners and veteran swimmers, with its neoprene material for good comfort, durability and speed. The USAT approved lightweight wetsuit gives a lot of flexibility, maximum buoyancy, and reduces drag, thanks to its X-Flex lining 2.0 and the Xterra X-slice.
If you wondering about keeping up with coldness in the water, you can trust this X-max technology with triple layer of waterproof design for warmth inside the water. Xterra wetsuit ensures you have a snug fit as it stretches to all directions when you have it on and can get back to its original form so, you can trust that the garment will remain fitted every time.
- It is USAT approved and durable.
- It is lightweight, flexible, and fast.
- Its X-slice technology helps to reduce drag.
- A snug fit on all body frame.
- It is also waterproofed and gives warmth.
- It is made with neoprene.
- Also suitable for both new and regular swimmers.
- Enhances swimming and buoyancy.
- May grow small on certain body frame.
- May often feel tough removing the suit from the legs and the arms.
- The Legs may feel a little tight.
You May Like: 13 Best Swim Parkas
Xterra Men's Volt Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
(Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Beginners)
Xterra sleeveless wetsuit promises speed, comfort, buoyancy and worth with its neoprene made, sleeveless design for unhindered performance and the flexible X-flex liner to provide a maximum comfortable fit the whole day. The X-flex also enables an easy entry into wetsuit and the X-max ensures a triple layered wear with double stitches to protect the waterproof technology made for your warmth.
For beginner swimmers, this is the wetsuit to trust too as it comes with 3/2mm thickness for maximum buoyancy, as it aids to lift the body to a natural position for smooth swimming. It also has USAT approval, making it usable in all water situations, it can stretch as much as you want it and returns to original form.
- It gives comfort, flexibility and speed.
- It enhances buoyancy and smooth swimming.
- Suitable for beginners.
- It comes with waterproof inner to keep the wearer warm.
- It is USAT approved.
- Easy entry with triple layer.
- Neoprene made and lightweight.
- It can stretch and still retain its original form.
- High quality material and soft on the body.
- The zipper may act up badly.
- Likely to get damaged easily, its best to have clip nails or swim gloves when wearing it.
- Not good for prolonged swimming.
See Also: 17 Best Triathlon Watches
Synergy Men's Endorphin Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
(Best Overall - Editor's Choice)
With more than 680% flexibility and full range speed, the hydrodynamic neoprene robust wetsuit presents all definitions of durability and comfort with the silicone coated SyPrene for an everyday water recreation.
To ensure that your swimming goes smoothly, the wetsuit comes no sleeves so you can be thankful for the ease of moving your arms, with a soft low neck for complete freedom, you will almost forget you have a wetsuit on.
For unrestricted activity, the product has a superior anti-corrode inner zipper, specifically designed to combat the drag while the 3mm thickness of the suit enhances maximum buoyancy. If you are just learning the ropes of triathlon, this USAT certified wetsuit promises you an easy entry and removal thanks to the no-pant legs.
- It is USAT certified, ironman approved and less expensive.
- Feels soft and comfortable on the body.
- It comes with SCS coating and superior grade anti-corrode inner zipper to prevent drag.
- It is made with hydrodynamic neoprene for durability.
- Synergy triathlon wet suit aids buoyancy.
- It gives warmth and ease of entry and removal because of the non-pant leg.
- The sleeveless enables freedom of the arms.
- It may grow small and may fit too tight.
- Comes only in one color.
See Also: 17 Best Life Jackets for Kids
Synergy Women's Adrenaline Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
For women in search of great comfort in the water, the full sleeves ironman and CSAT certified swim wear is the wetsuit to trust. With its Hi-flex panel made with SCS coated silicone Syprene for maximum flexibility and subtleness.
It also comes with anti-corrode zipper system to defeat drag, while giving high speed and durability. The product does not mince words when it promised comfort, this is seen in its super soft low neck design to give ladies the snug fit, smooth feel and subtleness ever possible in a wetsuit. Additionally, the 5mm thickness of the product ensures awesome and maximum buoyancy, the highest allowed in wetsuit and it gives warmth too.
- Ironman and CSAT approved.
- Anti-corrode zipper technology for drag resistant.
- Smooth and soft low neck for great comfort and ease.
- It comes with Hi-flex silicone coated panels for maximum flexibility around the torso and the legs.
- It ensures warmth and buoyancy.
- The arms may get a little tight and chunky.
- The super soft texture of the fabric tends to wear-out pretty fast.
- May not be suitable for humid weather.
See Also: 19 Best Toddler Swim Vests
Xterra Men's Vortex Triathlon Wetsuit
For men desiring unmatched speed in water recreation and training, the Xterra vortex is designed with 5mm limestone-based neoprene, the maximum thickness for a wetsuit to enhance buoyancy and durability. Together with 3mm frontal thickness and 1.5 mm for the arms for all-round flexibility of the both the arms and the body while helping you have a natural swimming experience.
For added comfort and smooth feel, the product is lined with X-Flex liner 2.0, along with triple glued waterproof and double stitch to keep you warm even while in cold open water.
This ironman and USAT approved wetsuit is heavily insulated and can stretch well enough to give you a snug fit and a natural fast performance every time.
- Limestone neoprene for comfort and durability.
- It aids buoyancy and sturdiness.
- Ironman and USAT approved.
- 5mm maximum thickness.
- Well insulated for a natural and unhindered swimming experience.
- Triple glued waterproof for smooth feel and warmth.
- It tends to wrinkle and gives out folds, a sign of too much glue.
- Not so good in warm weather.
- It may grow small on certain frame.
See Also: 17 Best Rash Guards
Xterra Women's Vortex Triathlon Wetsuit
(Best for Open Water Swimmer)
For the women hungered for maximum agility and buoyancy during water recreation and training, Xterra vortex came all purposed with its 5mm maximum buoyancy thickness capacity, 3mm frontal body flexibility and 1.5mm for arm flexibility.
Dedicated smoothness and comfort happens thanks to the X-Flex liner 2.0, along with the X-max seal offering and the low collar design that keeps the wetsuit durable and in its original form always.
For warmth provision, the Xterra neoprene heavily insulated wetsuit has its waterproof seams double stitched and triple glued. This feature also permits swimmers to have a natural and convenient speedy experience in the water. If you are still bothered about major certifications, this wetsuit is USAT approved for your safety.
- It is USAT approved.
- It enhances buoyancy and sturdiness.
- It gives comfort, smooth feel and warmth.
- It allows for flexibility and natural performance.
- It comes with low collar for unrestricted movement and to prevent chafe.
- A great price and fit for any weather temperature.
- Gives an incredible range of motion.
- It wears out quickly, so have some glove on or clip nails.
- The zipper tends to break easily, which calls for added carefully in usage.
Xterra Women's Vortex Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
(Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Women)
The No. 1 bestselling sleeveless neoprene wetsuit for women in North America certainly has a stickler for increased flexibility, with its sleeveless design for natural and fast performance. Your arms are free from the fear of chafing and your buoyancy need sustained all thanks to eco-friendly limestone neoprene design.
For comfort, the high performance wetsuit by Xterra has its interior lined with the X-flex loner 2.0, so you can hope for better transition inside the water. It also comes with a low design collar and X-max seal provision to encourage freedom and comfort. This X-max closure technology assists the double stitched and triple glued seams waterproof to retain its form and supply warmth always.
For elasticity, you can count on its unmatched stretching ability for easy usage and its heavy insulation for decreased water storage.
- It is USAT approved and encourages buoyancy.
- The sleeveless design aids freedom of movement, speed, and natural performance.
- It has interior lining for ease, durability, and comfort.
- It also comes with double stitched and tripled glued seamed waterproof for warmth.
- It improves flexibility and discourages chafing.
- Eco-friendly design.
- Enhances arm mobility.
- The neck often feels a little tight.
- The wetsuit may grow small on certain body frame.
- It damages quicker and may require the use of nail clip when using it.
- The zipper system wears out sooner too and it gets wrinkled easily.
2XU Men's A:1 Active Triathlon Wetsuit
(Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Poor Swimmers)
Triathletes are in for a round of great speed, flexibility and comfort as the 2XU men triathlon wetsuits makes an entry with the neoprene 4.5mm thickness for maximum buoyancy, so you can be certain of staying afloat. More than buoyancy, the product comes with a floating zipper panel to defeat drag and boost flexibility, the SCS coated skin to birth durability and full range motion.
The concave water entrapment area is specifically for forearm freedom and unhindered speed in the water with an additional roll-up bar around the hip area for added buoyancy. For increased subtleness, the product stretches over the shoulders and the whole body to give you that sturdy and snug fit the whole day.
- It is USAT approved.
- Neoprene made with 4.5mm thickness for super buoyancy.
- Resist drag.
- SCS coated for maximum durability.
- Concave entrapment for arm mobility.
- It comes with a Roll-up bar on the hip for added buoyancy.
- It boosts flexibility and comfort.
- It may grow small.
- May not be suitable for beginners.
2XU Mens P:2 Propel Triathlon Wetsuit
(Best for Swimming in Cold Water)
Still for the men in need for unhindered flexibility and durability. The wetsuit comes with SCS coating over the neoprene material for subtleness, warmth and freedom of movement. Water retention on the surface of the wetsuit is impossible thanks to the micelle structure of the rubber surface.
As a result of the non-water retention, maximum speed is enhanced and less body fatigue. It also comes with intermediate zone.
Its stretch panels have over 520% stretch lining and a seamless arm and shoulder technology for increased flexibility and sturdiness.
High-powered strokes are improved due to the silicone concave water entrapment and the 39 cell frontal floatation technology and 5mm maximum thickness limit in a wetsuit for unrivaled speed and buoyancy.
- It encourages flexibility and durability.
- The 5mm thickness ensures maximum buoyancy.
- It also offers maximum stretchiness along with a seamless arm and shoulder offering for more flexibility and ease inside the water.
- Super- strokes all thanks to the silicone concave entrapment.
- Neoprene design for subtleness and SCS coating for added warmth and smoothness.
- It gives a firm and snug fit always.
- It is USAT approved and less drag.
- It may feel a little tight.
- The fitted wear may restrict your movement a bit.
- With the full sleeves, arm mobility may act a little slow because of the material around it.
- Transitions are slower especially for beginners.
Fit2Race Sleeveless Triathlon Wetsuit
The ironman and USAT approved sleeveless unisex wetsuit comes with a nylon rubber and polyester combination for maximum flexibility and durability, perfect for training and aerobics. If you are in search of comfort and less chafing while swimming, you can count on the blind stitching and the firm glued seams on the wetsuit.
It comes with 5mm thickness to ensure maximum buoyancy and 3mm thickness for shoulder flexibility. The leg panels are carefully designed to aid easy transition and mobility, and satisfies as one of the fastest wetsuits.
- It is ironman and USAT approved.
- It gives lots comfort and flexibility.
- Its firm glued seams and the blind stitching encourages warmth.
- The 5mm thickness of the wetsuit enhances buoyancy.
- Ensures less-chafe.
- Relatively affordable.
- It offers a 30-day money return guarantee.
- It’s not so flexible.
- May grow a little small.
- The leg fitness may be a little discomforting.
- May not fit properly.
Blueseventy Men's Fusion Fullsleeve Triathlon Wetsuit
(Best Triathlon Wetsuit for Broad Shoulders)
With its 2mm thin panel neckline ensuring the wearer an easy entry, fitness and comfort. Agreeably, some wetsuits are prone to early damage but with the new fusion wetsuit, its SCS coated surface is designed to protect the surface against fingertip damage and other causes of damage.
If you crave for comfort around the neck, the wetsuit comes with lowered collar, it is also designed with a curved closure flap around the lowered collar for increased comfort and reduced chafe. The 3mm neoprene frontal is dedicated to flexibility and 5mm neoprene on the hip and thigh for added buoyancy.
For incredible flexibility, the product uses single seam tube legs for easy transition. The internal seam comes with liquid taping to enable convenient leg wear and height.
The honeycomb forearm area of the wetsuit encourages natural and unrestricted performance.
- It comes with low collar and thin neckline for comfort.
- SCS coated surface for protection against early damage.
- It also has a curved closure flap for more flexibility.
- It gives maximum buoyancy.
- It ensures unrestricted transition and reduced drag.
- It comes with body fit panels.
- USAT approved.
- The fitness may get little tight.
- The zipper may not sit comfortably.
Blueseventy Thermal Reaction Triathlon Wetsuit
The cool water design with high quality woolly jersey liner for warmth, quick dryness and comfort in the water is what swimmers desire and Blueseventy triathlon presents a wrap of it. And for any swimmer looking for added buoyancy, the 4-5-4 panel is specifically designed to regulate buoyancy while lifting the hip area in synergy to the entire body.
To keep adequate respiration inside the water, the VO2 chest panels are well stretched thanks to the neoprene custom design and the S-flex to support ease along with an aid to natural performance.
It is also USAT certified and offers a great deal of durability, for easy entry and removal, the YKK zipper technology is in use.
The triple glued and double stitched seams ensures warmth.
- It provides warmth thanks to its woolly jersey liner.
- It encourages buoyancy.
- It ensures a natural performance.
- The YKK zipper offers ease in entry and removal.
- It comes with VO2 chest panels for Perfect stretching effects.
- It also has the USAT approval.
- The S-flex provides ease and freedom of movement.
- Keeps you fit and snugly.
- The zipper system often disturbs.
ROKA Maverick Pro II Men's Triathlon Wetsuit
Roka maverick appears determined to provide swimmers with ease of wear and removal in its quick release ankle panels, so you don’t to struggle to get out of the wetsuit anymore.
For drag resistant, the SCS hydrophobic Nano coating is carefully designed to resist drag and to aid in durability too. if you crave for a natural and seamless movement inside the water, the neck panel enjoys independency and with the seamless neck panel, chafing doesn’t stand a chance.
Smoothness and subtleness are one of the things Roka has in store as seen in its soft, stretchable, comfortable, and flexible internal liners.
Roka also comes with Arms-up design to ensure a custom fit on every swimmer as well as to assist in the freedom of movement. Buoyancy provision is unmatched with the Roka wetsuit.
- Drag resistant.
- Comes with SCS hydrophobic Nano coating for added durability.
- It is suitable for beginners.
- It comes with seamless neck panel for reduced chafe.
- It stretches well and comes with flexible inner liners.
- It is USAT approved.
- It had arms-up design for freedom of movement.
- It also comes with rapid ankle release panels for ease of entry and removal.
- The arms-up may add a little discomfort to certain body frame.
ROKA Maverick Comp II Men's Triathlon Wetsuit
For lovers of high-end gear with easy entry for triathlon activities Roka has in store all that and more. from the Arm-up technology for ease of movement, and transition to the centralized patented buoyancy design for improved premium buoyancy. The rapid release ankle panels are specifically dedicated for an easy removal, such as not offered by most brands.
For budget buyers, here is your best have and for maximum durability and flexibility. The neoprene and SCS coated surface is to discourage drag and support freedom of movement.
To ensure a sturdy fit, the product stretches well and comes with internal soft liners for added warmth and comfort. It is also USAT approved.
- It is USAT approved.
- It comes with the arm-up panels for easy movement.
- It offers centralized buoyancy for the hip and the whole body to remain afloat.
- Non-chafing and less drag.
- It offers warmth and flexibility.
- It stretches well and fits snugly.
- It also comes with a quick release channel for ease of removal.
- Suitable for beginners.
- It may fit a little tight.
ORCA S7 Men's Fullsleeve Triathlon Wetsuit
If you just recently signed up for triathlon aerobics, you may appreciate ORCA wetsuit for its yakamoto’s high-end performance neoprene, a seal of quality and exuberance. For flexibility, it comes with 39cell and maximum elasticity to help swimmers have the most natural and unrestricted movement.
To increase speed inside the water and to reduce friction, the wetsuit comes with the SCS surface coating, drag is also frustrated by the super composite skin (SCS).
For a stress-free removal and wear, the product bears the hydroLite panels, this together with the SCS coating resist water absorption while helping in fast transition.
In granting comfort, its internal skin lining comes with nylon and bamboo fibers, it also enhances flexibility as you swim.
ORCA wetsuit is USAT approved and designed to regulate body heat and minimize the chances of body odor.
- It offers flexibility and durability.
- It is USAT approved.
- The SCS coating resist drag.
- It is a snug fit.
- It aids in easy transition and buoyancy.
- It does not absorb water.
- It gives comfort and warmth.
- It features the 39cell yakamoto for natural performance.
- It comes with a timeless skin lining.
- It does not give that needed warmth.
- May be a little tougher to remove.
ORCA Women's Alpha Triathlon Wetsuit
ORCA women wetsuit looks determined for grand flexibility and robust speed inside the water. With its 5mm exo-cell for maximum buoyancy, and durability. The wetsuit also comes with a titanium coating carefully designed to give thermal safety as you swim. The 1mm thickness 0.88 free arm is so light and gives you the sleeveless impression thereby, enhancing unrestricted arm mobility.
To enable glide effortlessly through the water, the wetsuit comes with improved buoyancy balance to assist the legs and the chest gain maximum buoyancy. The full Nano SCS coated frontal also helps the swimmer achieve a natural water performance.
- It gives comfort and durability.
- It allows for a light and free arm feeling, thanks to the 1mm thickness of the free arm.
- It encourages buoyancy.
- It offers flexibility and natural water activity.
- It does not give warmth.
- A bit difficult to remove.
De Soto T1 Triathlon Wetsuit
A perfect two-piece wetsuit is what most swimmers will need when they have the need to pull the top off, and the top and bottoms come separately too. So the worry over size misfit is not possible with this design. The nylon Lycra lined top is devoted to prevent chafing and rubbing, while the lower neck design ensures comfort as you swim.
For excellent swimming performance, the wetsuit comes with “patented bio stroke” so that your arms can have a tireless swimming position while swimming.
The small and lightweight YKK zipper system is also designed to resist drag while aiding flexibility.
For the bottoms, the 5mm and the SCS coated surface enhances buoyancy, it comes with drawstrings to have the correct fit always.
- It comes in two pieces and having a perfect fit is always possible.
- Riding up is not also possible with the top
- Best budget.
- The detachable bottoms and tops makes room for easy removal.
- It is USAT approved.
- The nylon and Lycra ensures a non-vhafe experience.
- It resists drag.
- A bit difficult to remove.
Zoot Men's Wave 1 Triathlon Wetsuit
For swimmers that dread the usual leg fatigue, here is what you may not want to miss, thanks to its OKD (optimal kick design) that works with the form of your leg to support the speed and consistency.
The yamamoto Glideflex design offers stretching of the wetsuit for expansion and maximum extension all thanks to the thin paneled neoprene material.
For reduction in friction, the SCS hydrodynamic coated surface permits ease of movement and durability.
The product also comes with the AQUAlift floatation panels to raise and place the leg and the torso axis in a natural and realistic swimming position for an efficient performance. The USAT approved wetsuit also has a sturdy moon-tape for a comfortable and fit wear.
- Maximum consistency in movement and less legs fatigue.
- Super stretch and expansion for a custom fit any day.
- It is USAT approved.
- Has aqualift to enable the positioning of the legs and the torso for consistency buoyancy.
- It comes with SCS hydrodynamic coated surface for freedom of movement.
- It feels smooth and gives a tight fit.
- It also has great arms flexibility.
- The wetsuit may grow small.
- It may also give a too-tight feeling.
TYR Sport Men's Hurricane Triathlon Wetsuit
A perfect piece for beginners is the TRS with its neoprene material for a comfortable wear the whole time. If you are trying to improve your strokes, you can trust this wetsuit for reduced drag and flexibility.
When you are also in need of an easy removal, the rapid release ankle cuffs are provided.
The USAT wetsuit also comes with increased flexibility and ease of movement all thanks to is high quality material,
For unmatched comfort while swimming, the wetsuit wraps a speed wrapping panel around the legs, the abdomen, and the chest.
The wrist cuffs are also made to assist the hands when working the strokes and to stop water from entering.
- It comes with neoprene material for maximum comfort.
- Reduced drag.
- It comes with rapid ankle release.
- It has leg wrapping panels for durability and flexibility.
- It enhances buoyancy.
- It gives warmth.
- It may grow small.
- It damages easily.
- The neck may get too tight and could choke.
- May create holes if nit properly dried before folding.
TYR Hurricane Freak Nature Triathlon Wetsuit
When you are looking for a fast wetsuit, hurricane is fast so, it’s alright to count on this 100% neoprene designed with high-end stretch for a comfortable fit the whole day. in giving buoyancy, the ironman and USAT certified wetsuit comes with hydrodynamic coated surface for flexibility and impedes drag.
The wetsuit comes with Fon V-GCP forearm region to help with movement and the making of great strokes.
It ensures you a full-range of speed inside the water while giving the wearer a perfect snug fit always.
It also gives warmth and has the speed wrap panel around the leg, torso, and the abdomen specifically to defeat drag while allowing for maximum speed.
- It is 5mm thick for better and maximum buoyancy.
- It comes with a speed wrap panel.
- It is made with 40cell Nano SCS neoprene.
- It is durable and flexible.
- It prevents drag.
- It may also feel bulky.
Arena Carbon Triathlon Wetsuit
Swimmers can finally brace up the water with the combination of the high quality yamamoto aerodome and carbon cage for an optimum and fast swimming experience. Comfort is very important when swimmers are not in their comfort zone but making water strokes and for that, this high-end triathlon wetsuit comes with thin and elastic shoulders.
This is necessary for the unmatched subtleness and stability.
If the difficulty in removal of some brands wearies you out, you are finally freed from the daunting experience all thanks to the zippered fastening panel of the wetsuit.
- It is made of yamamoto aerodome and carbon cage.
- It comes with zip panel for easy wear and removal.
- It has thin and elastic shoulders for flexibility.
- It is USAT certified.
- It also gives warmth and durability.
- The zippered panel may get damaged.
Choosing the Best Triathlon Wetsuit
For first-time swim shoppers having an idea of the features to give attention will help you in buying as an informed buyer as well anticipate satisfaction.
One of the important features to look out for is the material type of the wetsuit as you would have noticed the emphasis in material identification in the article. Triathlon wetsuits come in various material and are all wonderful, these different materials are also used at different points and layers on each wetsuit.
But what to discreetly give attention in the material consideration is how flexible and insulated the wear is, you should be able to stick with the material type compatible with your skills and needs. Wetsuits can be made of neoprene, lycra, nylon or polyester material. Now let’s take a look at each material.
The insulated neoprene. Now, you have a background knowledge of material, what is next is how the perform. Insulated neoprene are lightly flexible and less thick too but offers maximum stretching you will find useful and that is the reason behind its high demand.
They usually come in many panels that contains bubble-like air pockets that permeates evenly into the body heat and come out with an additional layer of insulation. However, insulated neoprene are a bit pricy but its advantages still make it most desirable.
The Laminated neoprene. This is one of the most common and popular types partly because of its affordability. It stretches too but not as expansive as the insulated neoprene, and they are made with standard rubber which is later combined with nylon and polyester. Once laid on each other, the layers are laminated into wetsuits to supply added sturdiness but it may reduce flexibility.
Skin neoprene. This type does not share any likeness with the two earlier discussed rather, its major concern is ensuring you have a good swimming experience. The hydrophobic material or the glide neoprene is a water repellant material and the benefit here is that it allows you to swim faster. The exterior surface of this type of wetsuit is often with different types of material that will hinder water absorption too. For flexibility, the skin neoprene is more flexible than the laminated neoprene but not as much as insulated neoprene.
Before the popularity and demand for neoprene, lycra and spandex were the king of wetsuit materials owing to its unrivaled stretching ability which helps in comfort and its affordability too. they are a tight fit always but helps the swimmer to glide evenly through the water. However, the shift in attention to neoprene, lycra is still a beauty to flexibility and comfort in wetsuits.
This is a supportive material in wetsuits, you will often find It used with polyester or spandex. Manufacturers have their preference for nylon because it appears stronger than polyester though they are similar in many ways. But when it comes to water level repellency, nylon does nit offer enough resistant like the polyester. For this reasons, manufacturers tend to use the nylon for interior lining often than for an outer fabric.
Slightly different from nylon and also used as a secondary material in the making oif wetsuits. It is used in laminated fabrics to support durability and it also resist water. In the insulated material, the polyester serves as an additional insulator and also aids easy wearing of the wetsuit.
Look out for the Seams Too
Apart from the materials used in wetsuits other considerations like the seams should be looked at. The seams help to enhance the quality of the material, how firm and tight the watertight of the wetsuit is dependent on the seams.
Paneling helps to enhance breathing, as well as good transition. Seeing them on the shoulders, chest, and thighs are necessary for that. So, looking out for wetsuits that come with paneling are wise purchases.
The Zipper Panels
Zippers are must have for wetsuits, they are necessary for easy removal and wear. And they come in reverse zipper, floating zip, breakaway zippers.
The thickness comes in varieties like the 1.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm which is the maximum thickness for a wetsuit. It is the thickness that helps buoyancy and flexibility and they often different levels of buoyancy and sometimes come combined.
Range of Motion
You would have seen some brands being emphasized as full range motion, what this means is having the appropriate range of motion for the hips and the shoulders. And this helps you to have a natural swimming position.
Full Sleeves and Sleeveless
Your choice for either the sleeves depends on your physical needs and comfort. While the full sleeves allow for a sturdy feeling and flexibility, the sleeveless equally helps in flexibility and a less-chafe swimming experience.
Advantages of Wearing a Wetsuit for Triathlon
Love it for the safety. For beginners and sometimes the veteran, feeling nervous is a usual emotion as you stand close to the water but you know what, if you dare to wrap your body around a wetsuit your fears will flee. Yes! You should not take the chance of gliding through the water without a piece of safety and a wetsuit will ensure you remain afloat while helping you to achieve maximum buoyancy. In a nutshell, safety in the water refers to how floatable you are and that is the responsibility of a wetsuit.
Buoyancy fancy. You have heard that safety comes with buoyancy and in looking for buoyancy, you shouldn’t just settle for less as you may not predict the tide. So, getting a high-end wetsuit remains one of the most responsible swimming lifestyle a triathlete expresses. Remember, wetsuit will always ensure you remain completely afloat.
You will appreciate the warmth supply. Does it sound impossible and absurd to wish for warmth when you are meddling with cold water? Well, some wishes do come true and enjoying warmth while making strokes inside the lake is possible, only when you have a wetsuit. So, if you love to surf or swim around the cold climate, you will find a wetsuit a great help and those in warmer climate, you just might need additional warmth inside intensely cold open water.
Let’s talk about hydrodynamics. You may be seeing SCS (super compose skin) as one of the features that makes a wetsuit durable and friendly on the body. These part do not only give warmth, it ensures you defeat the drag, friction as you glide through the water effortlessly and earns you the championship of your fantasies.
Flexibility is beauty. The water current is no match to any human but when you visit it with your wetsuit, you will discover how easily you move against the tides and when they come with the SCS, no current can get in your way.
It helps with speed. You may have seen some brands emphasizing the supply of speed in the article. Similar to aiding flexibility, wetsuits help in the combat against the tide, it helps the swimmer to paddle faster that he/she would have without a garment like a wetsuit on.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Swim Network Overview
Triathlon wetsuits have always been of immeasurable help to triathletes as what they look for during water recreation is not only the ability of wrestling the tides and surges but great buoyancy and safety.
While safety and perfect floatation is paramount, laying hands on the best brands that will offer all of those expectations and also keep the wearer satisfied becomes a major concern which this article has successfully addressed.
To make the task easy for you I recommend ROKA Maverick Pro II Men's Triathlon Wetsuit for that unmatched buoyancy, De Soto T1 Triathlon Wetsuit for ease of wear and removal. While Xterra Men's Vortex Triathlon Wetsuit for unbeatable flexibility.
Have you used any of these wetsuits reviewed above or about to use one? If yes, share your experience and tell us your preference. Help your family and friends know about the best triathlon wetsuits by sharing this article on all your social media platforms.