One of the challenges every mom faces during summer is where to get best swim vest for toddlers, well that will no longer be a challenge because right here is a list of the best vest for your little one. Summer days are usually a pack of excitement and these swim vest when worn on your little one will help him/her stay afloat while learning how to swim in the blue water.
Initially emerged as inflated bladders and hollow sealed bottle to canvas bags, battery-enabled wearable lifejackets to the Mae West life jacket during the second world war. The swim jacket went through further improvement and ceased to serve the army or Airforce alone but now has become a dependable swim aid for even toddlers.
Considering the fragility and inexperience of toddlers, it will be absurd to prank swimming without some floatation device, that is why this information on best floatation vest, best swim floaties for toddlers and all the trusted swim aid here will help you. Whereas some adults can display nice water strokes effortlessly without a floatation aid, children cannot especially toddlers.
These baby floatation vests will not only keep your child afloat in a natural swimming posture but he/she will learn how to kick the water and paddle the hands with you by her/his side teaching and bonding too. With all that said, you should be eager to lay your eyes on some of the trusted brands to make swimming safe for your toddler.
Kids Swim Vests vs Life Jackets
A swim vest and life jacket might look the same and sometimes perform the same role in the water but they are quite different in some ways.
Your choice of a swim vest or life jacket depends on the type of water body you will be swimming in.
Some of the major difference between the two are in the size and use. Life jackets are thicker and are suitable to give extra resistance in water. It is harder to move around in a life jacket. They usually have heavy clasps in front of them and sometimes some offer warmth from cold open water.
Meanwhile, swim vests are much thinner in size and are mostly designed to be used in pools and calm waters. It provides lesser resistance compared to a life jacket and allows for more movement. It is mostly used by young swimmers because it increases their confidence in water by giving them more room for floatation and mobility.
In essence we can infer from the differences explained above that life jackets were made for survival while swim vests were made for play. However, this doesn’t mean that neither of two cannot substitute for adult supervision.
Comparison Chart of the Best Swim Vest for Toddlers in 2019
Swimming is an enjoyable and exciting recreational activity and your toddler deserves to have a share of the fun but still, you need to be precautionary in handling his/her needs.
That is why this chart below will help you make a well-informed choice of a swim vest that will give your little one the safest swimming experience ever. And pool time should be fun always, shouldn’t it?
19 Best Swim Vest for Toddlers Reviews 2019
Product description will help you have more detailed information on what you may finally regard as your best swim assistance for your little one. That is because swimming is an interesting sport and can be risky if the right instruments are not used, in the end, you will be satisfied with the choice you will make from this article.
Speedo Kids’ UPF 50+ Begin to Swim Classic Toddler Swim Vest
Safety is the fun in here with this soft, sturdy and durable neoprene swim vest, promising comfort and protection with its UV50+ sun protection so that little Arnold can build sand castle by the beach shore without baking his tender skin.
For firm securing, the vest comes with safety straps and firm buckle closure to ensure the vest does not rip off while swimming. It also provides ease of wear with the full zipper at the front, so you can easily take it off when you need to.
What’s more? this aquatic-themed swim vest apart from suited into one of the best budget wear, it can cover both toddlers of 2-3 and toddlers of 4-6 years conveniently.
- Allows child lots of freedom in the water and helps them to learn swimming easily too
- Keeps the child afloat and gives him/her added confidence
- Perfect for beginner swimmers
- Perfect and sturdy wear for pools and beaches
- Great life jacket with great protection from the sun rays
- May not keep the child afloat if the child’s weight is not consistent with the weight requirement for the vest
- The padded foam may be uncomfortable if it bunches up on some children
- It does not have a coast guard approval, hence not suitable for public pools
- Not very buoyant and does not fit well for a life jacket
Stearns Puddle Jumper Toddler Swim Vest
Stearns swim vest comes with its durability and comfort from its nylon shell production with the intention of giving mothers one of the best baby floatation vest with an all-round safety in the water. With beautiful and fun designs that your little can immediately relate with and adore at first sight, along with its firm but snugly hold for comfort and security.
If your child is new to the pool or beach, trusting this floatation device is not only promising great learning but perfect safety because it has the U.S coast guard approval, meaning you can swim in public pools or beaches with your toddler.
Stearns swim vest is one of the best swim floaties for toddlers because of the adjustable straps for comfort, and its safety buckle that closes and snaps perfectly behind, making sure your child does not fiddle it to the opening without your notice, so they stay safely in it.
- S coast guard approved for both home and public safety and use
- Firm and comfortable wear the whole day
- Adjustable straps and safety buckles to prevent the child from opening
- Perfect for beginner swimmers
- Gives the child freedom in the water and keeps the head out too
- It accommodates more weight up to 30-50lbs
- Chafing free
- Kids- friendly patterns
- May not turn the child to the back if they fall on their face
- It’s a little more expensive than other swim vests for toddlers
- May not completely keep the child afloat in some cases
- It’s a bit uneasy to store
Body Glove Paddle Pals Toddler Swim Vest
The kids will love the fun designs of this body glove swim vest because of how its paddle pads give them a chance to make swimming strokes like a mermaid, a great device for learners too. The shoulder harness is designed to keep the vest from sliding down and to deny your toddlers their right to ripping off the vest without your approval and help.
The polyester material is very important in giving maximum comfort and to prevent chaffing. To ensure easy removal and wear, the vest has in place adjustable chest straps and a rapid release rear safety buckle.
Safety is also promised for all kids weighing 30-50lbs because the vest has the U.S coastal guard approval and Type 111 child’s PFD recommended recreational boating. More so, it ensures the child’s head remains above the water during swimming sessions.
- S coastal guard and patented approved
- Lovely kids-themed designs
- Superior comfortable safety straps and buckle
- No chafing
- None-slip shoulder harness for added security and comfort
- Perfect floaties for beginners
- Stays stable and fits firmly snugly on them
- May not completely support the child’s weight
- The sizes always vary may be too fit or a little big
Full Throttle Turtle Shell Toddler Swim Vest
The full throttle swim vests fit in as one of the best toddler swim vest under 30lbs with its bright fun and colorful designs making the child adore it. This U.S coast guard approved swim vest is carefully crafted with premium quality material to give your child the most blissful and comfortable swimming experience ever.
For safety, this vest comes with a well-rounded back to keep the swim aid closely fitted on the body as the child paddles and learns. In maintenance, full throttle swim vest material is made easy and convenient for hand washing, you can use it both at home and take it with you on your vacations.
- It’s sturdy, firm and comfortable on your child the whole time
- Great value for the money spent on buying it
- It has the U.S coast guard approval
- Colorful designs fit for the child
- With leg straps to prevent the vest from riding up
- Keeps the child’s face down into the water, will need supervised using as always
- Not perfect for all water places because of its Type 111 floatation design
- It may run small
SwimWays Toddler Swim Vest
(Great Baby Floatation Vest)
SwimWays swim vest insists on comfort with its sturdy hold in the padded foam inside the vest to make safe floatation for your new and young swimmer. Your child learns to swim confidently all thanks to the adjustable leg strap that is there to prevent the vest from ridding up inside the water and give the child some air of liberty as he/she tosses the waves.
The soft fabric in the cover is meant to shield the child’s tender body from the harsh sun with its UPF 50+ sun shield. For guaranteed security, the vest comes with a sturdy zipper in the front along with a perfect safety closure that you can count on and to take off easily.
Finally, your little one can learn how to swim, upright and forward to his/her hearts content.
- It comes with UPF 50+ sun protection
- Comfort enhanced padded foam vest
- Adjustable leg straps for freedom in the water
- Lightweight keeps the child’s head above the water
- The padded foam may puff out and distract the original comfort it gave earlier
- It may also get a little too firm in the child’s body when they get into the water
SwimSchool Toddler Swim Vest
(Best Toddler Swim Vest Under 30lbs)
When your little one is learning how to swim, getting a baby floatation vest is necessary and this is just another one with soft material and padded shoulders to keep your child safe and comfortable. The padded foam is designed to give balance and to keep the child in a firm swimming position while learning.
For ease, while swimming, the vest comes with adjustable leg straps and once he/she is out of the water, the heavy-duty zipper is fixed to ensure ease in wearing and removing. This vest is designed to keep your little one confidently inside the pool the whole time and the multi-colored fabric will arrest the child’s heart, so they can finally wear a swim vest without fuss.
So, if your child’s weight falls within 33lbs or Is between 2-4 years, here is some swim aid to try.
- Has UPF sun protection for their tender and sensitive skin
- Ensures the child stays in a swim position
- The built-in foam gives the child balance while swimming
- Adjustable leg straps for comfort, flexibility, and freedom in the water
- Bright and colorful prints
- The strap may not completely prevent the vest from riding up
- It does not give full buoyancy
- The sizes may fit a little small
- The fabric may also stretch out
Michael Phelps Toddler Swim Vest
(Best Overall – Editor’s Choice)
This cute lovely colored swim vest from Michael Phelps comes with a built-in foam to give buoyancy and great balance inside the water. Specifically designed to aid your little one as they get ready to become friends with the water.
The vest has adjustable straps made to give your child lots of comforts and custom fit when learning and liberty when swimming, along with the back handle. Your child’s body position is important in learning how to swim, and that is the job for the back handle, as it serves to keep the body in a swimming positioning during water activity.
- Padded foam for added buoyancy and stability in the water
- It comes with adjustable straps for convenient swimming
- Allows for independent learning too
- Offers flexibility
- The straps on the top may irritate the tender skin of your child
Konfidence Toddler Swim Vest
One of the best swim vests for 6-7 years old is the one with the promise of confidence around all water situations, all thanks to this award-winning swim vest. Having the softest neoprene material that gives flexibility inside the water, a fine Lycra bonding that minimizes chaffing and leaves bruise-less touches on the child’s arm.
Konfidence swim vest comes with removal floats systems that aid swimming and enhances buoyancy, more so, the floats can be easily removed to store the vest in its original shape. For safety, the vest has a pretty chunky self-locking zipper that will hinder the little hands from getting the vest off alone.
For added protection, the vest is designed to wrap itself around the child’s torso, while keeping him/her in a swimming position and the high neck of the vest helps to shields the child from the sun rays.
- Keeps the child in a swimming position
- Prevents chafing
- Firm and secure protection from unassisted removal
- Sun protection
- Enhances flexibility and buoyancy
- Not bulky but lightweight
- Easy to wear and remove
- Foams can also be removed and stored
- It gives a rather small fitting and may become too tight inside the water
- It does not come with a safety strap and may ride up
- The removable foam may eject itself and floats up to the child’s face, this may be worrisome
Speedo Begin to Swim Printed Neoprene Toddler Swim Vest
Your little ones can learn how to swim with this swim aid comfortably as it comes with perfect sun protection to block the UV rays among other features to help with confidence swimming every time. The polyester inner lining of the vest is intended to give your child lots of comfort inside the water and to prevent chaffing.
The soft and sturdy neoprene design seeks to give all-round warmth and perfect buoyancy, along with maximum security when in use all credits to the safety closure and the zipper. For ease of wearing and removing, the vest is designed with a full front zipper and a buckle closure.
- UV protection guarantee
- Perfect safety closure for protection
- Comfortable lining for maximum ease when swimming
- Enhances buoyancy
- May not float as expected
- The size may get a little big on certain body size
- May not give the true life-vest solution
Full Throttle Toddler Swim Vest
(Best Swim Floaties for Toddlers)
Looking to engage your little one in some swimming classes at home, this is another trusted swimming aid to handle that task why? Because it comes with an amazing kids-friendly theme that will connect easily with the child and also has the U.S coast guard approval.
With that, it looks like something to trust your child’s safety in the water and the safety also guaranteed with the inclusion of the adjustable belts, the chest straps, and the leg straps. These are all intended to keep the vest securely around him/her and make sure it does not ride up.
Children within 30-50lbs can comfortably learn how to float all thanks to this lightweight and durable baby floatation vest.
- S coastal guard approval
- Enhances flexibility and stays durable
- Kid-friendly cover designs
- Safety adjustable belts and straps
- It does not ride up
- The child stays afloat
- Seems a little bulky on some body size
- Child may tip over and fall on the face due to the weight
- Not fit for all water instances
- Not very buoyant
- Vest may run very small, as it does not run close with its size
Speedo Supersaurus Personal Toddler Swim Vest
With its dyno designs appealing greatly to the kids, the speedo’s swim vest will only inspire the kids to love the water game but will ensure they play safely because of its super-saving floatation aid. The vest has the U.S coastal guard approval making its safety a certified promise and you have the liberty to use it at home and on summer vacation.
The padded leg strap and side straps on the device is to ensure a well secured and comfort fit so that your child can have lots of freedom and confidence inside the water. It also promises buoyancy and ensures your kid stays afloat. More to its U.S coastal guarantee, the vest also has the type 111 personal floatation aid with the American Red Cross Organization.
- S coastal guard certified and the American Red Cross certification too
- Lovely and child-friendly themes
- Comfortable and flexible wear
- Improved buoyancy
- The zipper is not secured enough and your child can easily remove
- May get a little bulky
- The child gets rolled from back to the face inside the pool
- The child may tip over
Zerlar Toddler Swim Vest
Zerlar swim vest assures your child maximum comfort with its neoprene, spandex and nylon fabric, along with its polyester inner lining for durability and snugly fear the whole time. When you are looking for the best swim vest for your toddler, here is another one to consider for great buoyancy inside the water, lakes, and pools.
When you are bothered about safety, you can take a chance on this because if its chunky front zipper design for safety and ease of wear and removal. The soft inner polyester lining provides a maximum shield from the sun rays and gives warmth too. Your child can get a lot of fun confidently inside the water and learn how to swim pleasantly.
- Provides buoyancy
- Protects from the sun
- Gives freedom and confidence when swimming
- Helps in swimming lessons
- Zipper design that gives lots of ease removing and wearing
- May feel a little bulky
Speedo Water Skeeter Toddler Swim Vest
Looking for luxurious comfort and safety, speedo has them in its tubular technology and fun designs to inspire your child to have fantastic moments in the pool. With the U.S coastal guard certification and the American Red Cross approval, you can depend on it.
The vest also comes with padded legs strap for enhanced comfort and the tubular offering helps with flexibility around the edges inside the water. The six-pack design in the front improves the ease of movement and stability as they learn how to swim.
- S coastal guard approval and the American Red Cross certification
- Enhances flexibility and buoyancy
- Gives comfort and warmth
- Improves mobility and confidence for new-swimmers
- It does not work well for beginner-swimmers
- The padded strap under the groin may discomfort the child
- The child’s head occasionally slips out
Splash About Toddler Swim Vest
What’s about the splash about swim vest? Well, it looks like another fun and safety guaranteed swim vest with soft neoprene and non-removable floatation foam. This 2019 award-winning best travel product comes with the CE European certification with lovely colorful prints for your children’s delight and excitement.
An ideal vest for traveling owing to its lightweight and maximum protection from the harsh sun rays. It also dries quickly meaning you can always go with it after each swimming. For a secured fit, the vest is made with a super YKK zip and soft lining that prevents chaffing. Buoyancy is also possible here with confident swimming.
- Lightweight and flexible
- It enhances buoyancy and gives protection against sun rays
- Colorful designs
- Snugly fit with non-chaffing
- Quick-dry and easy wear
- Neoprene made
- Sand resistant and helps kids to learn swimming confidently
- Ideal for vacation
- Not a life-saving device
- It rides up to the child’s neck
- May be wider on the child’s body
Stohlquist Toddler Swim Vest
Your child can remain afloat and enjoy his/her swimming lessons safely with the stohlquist swim vest. That will make sure paddling and movement of the arm are not hindered because of its double collard for your little one to rock his/her head while the arm works the waves freely. The open neck system also adds to the ease around the water.
For premium security, the front zipper is designed to sit firm and to ease removal and wear. It has an adjustable crotch strap and a box-stitched buckle fixture for added durability and firmness. The grab handle is necessary for drying, pulling out and swimming, it also comes with type 11 PFD ensuring sea level buoyancy.
- Double collar for neck and head stability
- Open neck design for perfect ease
- Front zipper and crotch straps for safety
- Maximum buoyancy
- Keeps child afloat
- It’s a type 11 life jacket
- May put your child’s face down if left unsupervised
- Too bulky
- Not fit for smaller babies as the zipper may chafe
Speedo Kids’ Begin to Swim Float Toddler Swim Vest
(Best Swim Vest for 6-7 Years Old)
This standard neoprene made with the purpose to give your little one maximum freedom and confidence inside the water, especially when learning. The vest also has UV ray protection so that her/his tender skin doesn’t get burnt.
Speedo vest gives users the adjustable straps advantage for all-round ease and the padded leg strap is intended to secure it from ridding up. For lasting comfort, the polyester inner lining is up to that task and the material is anti-bacterial. Finally, your toddler can swim confidently and safely.
- Comfortable wear with perfect flexibility
- UV ray protection
- Antibacterial material for added safety
- Does not ride up
- Shoulder and leg perfect straps for secure fit
- May run a little small on some kids/ toddlers
- The leg strap may be discomforting
- The bottom strap too could be a little distressing
- May be a bit difficult to wear
- Not U.S coastal guard approved
Topsung Kids Deluxe Toddler Swim Vest
When you are looking for a swimming vest to use on your toddler as you plan to introduce her/him into the water, a look at this baby floatation vest should satisfy. With its three inseparable inflatable airbags designed to ensure a safe floating experience for your little one, these three bags are also necessary to sustain their floating moments if one of the bags leaks completely.
It also comes with a non-toxic PVC environmental protection however, in getting sound protection 70% inflation of the air is important. And your child can learn how to swim confidently and safely too.
- Freedom in arm movement
- Comfortable wear
- Lightweight and good for holidays, as it can be packed easily
- Thick and durable
- Great buoyancy
- Gives confidence when swimming
- The armholes may rub on the child’s arm and give sores
- Deflates easily even in water, the child must be supervised
- The child can easily take them off, which is unsafe
Nickelodeon TMNT Toddler Swim Vest
With its kids-inspired design and sturdy frame, this swim vest is all about comfort and protection for your toddler as they make their debut in the water places. Promising awesome buoyancy and flotation with its firm straps and padded body to give a soft and durable hold around the torso.
The under leg straps are also designed to keep the swim vest secured to the body and to prevent it from riding up. The soft nylon underarm lining aims against chaffing and the collar careful about your child’s head ensuring it stays in place while inside the water. The adjustable straps and the zipper closure adds to the lasting comfort promised by this swim aid.
- It helps to give confidence while swimming
- Less bulky
- Easy to wear
- The zipper closure sits firm and makes it impossible for the child to remove
- A perfect fit for all body forms
- Padded foams help buoyancy
- Lightweight and good for traveling
- Less expensive
- The bottom strap may give a little discomfort
- May be too fitted for larger toddlers
Splash About UV Floatsuit Toddler Swim Vest
Splash about UV float-suit splashes versatility and comfort with its great buoyancy system to give unrelenting floatation in the water. The removable floats in front of the float-suit help in giving your toddler so much confidence around the water.
For all-round protection against the harsh sun rays, the float-suit comes with added hands and the back zipper stays behind to help in the ease of removal and wearing. The hands and the legs are free to move freely inside the water and he/she can get quickly confident swimming.
- CE certified
- Improved buoyancy
- Comfortable and confident swimming
- Easy wear and removal
- Easy to wash
- It does not move around like other swim vests
- Not a life-saving device
- The child may fall face down into the water when he/she slips
Things to Consider Before Choosing a Toddler Swim Vest [Buying Guide]
When looking for a swim vest for your toddler, knowing the various offering by the best swim vest as exhausted above is important but taking to heart some of these basics are golden too. so that you can happy and satisfied with your purchase.
So what are the things to consider when buying a swim vest?
Double-Check for U.S Coast Guard Certification Logo
The product you are getting must meet some standards as you wouldn’t want to be caught taking a chance on something as necessary as safety. Apart from the standards, you may be denied access to public pools and beaches if your toddlers swim vest does not meet recommended safety standards.
How Fit Is the Vest?
Properly fit is fun of you want your toddler to look forward to every swimming moment, so be certain of the measurement, the weight, and the size. Additionally, the “properly-fit” should be snugly fit, not too tight and not too loose. Stick to the recommended weight description so that you can have the needed safety.
The Crotch Strap
The crotch strap is very important also as it helps to keep the vest from riding up even when it may give the child some discomfort, it can be adjusted to the convenient. So, getting a vest with a leg strap is another area to consider.
Look out for the Grab Strap
In the event of an emergency a grab strap will help you to immediately pull the child out of danger, this means getting a swim vest with a grab strap is necessary for both you and the baby’s safety.
Be Mindful of the Colors Too
Bright and colorful floatation devices do not only captivate the child’s attention and heart but dull colors may not detain your gaze on them like bright colors. So, the key is, go for bright colored swim vests like orange, yellow, red that will contrast with the cool clear water of the pool and the beach so that everyone can have fun.
Large Collars Are Good Too
Getting floaties with large collars are good in securing your toddlers head and neck, getting one will be of utmost benefit.
Check on the Material
The last thing your toddler needs is wearing a vest that absorbs water because this could threaten a sinking situation. That’s why neoprene, polyester, and spandex are good not only for their comfortable effect in the body but more for their weight-less hold. This kind of hold makes them impossible to retain water. With that, you can reach out for materials like these.
Go for Durability
Read labels and be convinced your toddler will have a sturdy time-out in the water before getting any of these.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Swim Network Overview
Swimming is often viewed as one if the riskiest recreational when the appropriate devices are not used and more essential is when it concerns the helpless toddlers. Getting a perfect swim vest is all that is needed to have safe and fun swimming experience.
The Michael Phelps Toddler Swim Vest has one of the best qualities for your toddler. Its features make swimming time enjoyable for your child. It is one of the products I recommend for mother willing to get the best for their toddler. Another product that comes close is the Konfidence Toddler swim vest.
In addition to that, swim vest with recommended standards will give lots of privileges outside your personal property. Especially when everyone is traveling your toddler will not have to sit by the balcony and watch other children alone but can join them in the water play.
So, remember, to get one of these comfortable swim vests for your toddler and keep a keen watch at them.